Thank You For New Mexico

BK Vissers

Thank You For New Mexico

#1 Post by BK Vissers » 10 Nov 2017 02:01

Thank you, SCS, for New Mexico. It's pretty, it's different from the other states, and I think 1.29 is better optimized, giving me smoother frame rates in cities at least and maybe overall. Nice touches with the new vehicles and even though I only tried it for about 2 hours today, it works well with a great many mods I use.

Good job!
wolfedg

Re: Thank You For New Mexico

#2 Post by wolfedg » 10 Nov 2017 02:17

Yes thank you SCS dev's. I thought Arizona was a huge improvement, but New Mexico even topped that, it is a Massive improvement from the original game. Now If you all can just rework the signs and perhaps a few other things in CA,NV, and AZ this game will be nearing perfection. Also loving the random events and all the little tidbits that make the game world not feel dead. Cant wait to see what you do with the next state(s). IMO Quality and Price were spot on, development time could use a little work but you guys had a lot on your plate this year so np.
rain94

#3 Post by rain94 » 10 Nov 2017 02:35

I've been lurking here for a few months but just created an account to give my thanks as well. The quality in New Mexico sets a new bar and I hope that you maintain it. I also concur that the price point is spot on. You guys work hard and I see the love and attention to detail that went into it. It can be seen all throughout the DLC no matter which stretch of the road you on.
flight50

#4 Post by flight50 » 10 Nov 2017 03:40

Agreed. Great words there wolfedg. Could not have said it better. BK, yes the optimization is great. I last played in feb. I been in ET2 while they worked on ATS. ATS is sooo much smoother running than I recall. I play on a workstation that is not setup for gaming. My graphics card is my weak point as well. My settings are nearly maxed out and I had zero issues. I did not notice any frame rate drop either.
Cervus

#5 Post by Cervus » 10 Nov 2017 03:51

One thing I've noticed about the new version in general is the draw distance is much farther. Which is good, because NM has a lot of very flat-to-the-horizon areas. I guess this is good practice for when they reach the Great Plains states. Flat as a pancake in all directions.
Frontiersman

#6 Post by Frontiersman » 10 Nov 2017 03:58

New Mexico is awesome!!!!
dkasper00

#7 Post by dkasper00 » 10 Nov 2017 06:42

Thank you scs, I enjoyed every moment tonight.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
coring

#8 Post by coring » 10 Nov 2017 08:23

Not bad at all :D , I drive through NM pretty often, especially on I-40. They really captured the ambience of the state, which is mostly wide expanses punctuated by mountains in a semi-arid climate. Great work on the vegetation too. Albuquerque is nicely done, but its too bad that you can't see the Sandia Mountains from far away. It's most impressive in real life as you approach Albuquerque from the east (descending into the Rio Grande Basin) and the west (as you drive the long straight shot of freeway near Moriarty, with the mountains in front of you in the distance). Same thing with the Organ Mountains as you head east on I-10 into Las Cruces. Found a bug, the fuel pumps in Santa Fe don't work.
nelsonrm

#9 Post by nelsonrm » 10 Nov 2017 13:17

I thanked you with my money and I am glad that I did :) Everything about NM is fantastic except the time frame. I am however confident that the next state DLC will come sooner. Good job!
Everything is cracked; that's how the light gets in.
MattoCross

#10 Post by MattoCross » 10 Nov 2017 13:38

Many Thanks to SCS for this map!
Especialy for Route 64 (from Farmington to Raton).
Fabulos landscape !!!
ATS Vanilla Player - My WoTr

Return to “General discussion about the game”