This guy don't like ATS or SCS?

flight50

Re: This guy don't like ATS or SCS?

#71 Post by flight50 » 09 Nov 2017 13:26

The trucking styles and the company names (mod) are probably to two biggest reasons why some ET2 players don't like ATS. The same holds for me. I don't care for the Euro truck styles and the company names, I can not relate to. The traffic laws are different. It all boils down to what you are familiar with. ET2 was a curiosity thought for me. I will still play it on occasions but I feel more comfortable with ATS because I myself am American. If ET2 sold 4+ million vs ATS's 800k, that just tells me a few things considering the company that develops them is European as well. 1) the game is older so more numbers 2) marketing the region is easier due to location so more numbers 3) huge population difference and last 4) the mod support is greater. People love their mods. Now granted that people from all corners of the world play SCS games, it still boils down to what game has been out the longest and ET2 will always win that until ATS gets much much larger than what it is currently.
SiSL
SCS Software

#72 Post by SiSL » 09 Nov 2017 13:36

5. Only place left in the world using 100 year old same design trucks left is USA & Australia (even Australia saves herself now with Volvo's and metric but still loose with opposite lane driving)... That's why ETS2 has broader audience, they see trucks they use every day, from China to Brasil...

On the video: Ofcourse he will rant, when he rants, he gains haters' money :D In the end, that's what "youtubers" job to rant about anything and everything...
daniel_bel

#73 Post by daniel_bel » 09 Nov 2017 15:09

6. If you want to stay out of Steam, you can't even think about buying ATS...
Domin Illum Mea
Born before Arpanet, playin' that way
Do you really believe Charles touched his nose?
Tiger313

#74 Post by Tiger313 » 09 Nov 2017 15:33

bobgrey1992: have a quick glance here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_sign ... etherlands
They're fairly similar throughout Europe.
flight50

#75 Post by flight50 » 09 Nov 2017 15:59

@SiSl, lol. 100 year old design? The US stopped producing cabovers along time ago. The below image is from Wikipedia
[ external image ]
It is 2017, that would make the cabover 118 years old, lol. In Europe you guys need the short wheel base because of the narrower roads. I will say that the Euro trucks may have fancier gadgets on the interior and all but two things that annoys me about Euro trucks 1) is the million flood lights that are placed on them. It seem very over exaggerated. How much does one need to see, lol. Are they trying to light up a futbol stadium? 2) the fact that the whole front looks like a Transformer. Any day now I expect to see one rise up and the front cab is the breast plate, lol. Countries that use cabovers still more or less don't have the road space for conventional. They are not illegal here in the states, they just are not necessary. One main part is getting to the engine requires you to basically remove all loose components or find it all on your front windshield. The other is the lack of space in the sleeper area. America has big people and big people need space. There is next to nothing to sleep in for a Euro style cabovers vs a convential cab with a nice and spacious sleeping quarters. These two are the biggest reasons the US phased cabovers out. Even the old school US cabovers have much more sleeper quarters than the modern day Euro truck. I would think Europe has extended cabs but it is not the norm that I see online. An extend cab Euro truck defeats the purpose of the shorter wheel base so that truck would be no different that the modern day conventional US/Aus truck.

Don't get me wrong. I love the cabover's look. Just not the Euro ones. The Kenny K100 and the K200 series are my favorite. Nice and simple on the exterior. Hence my avator. Even the International 9xxx series is okay. The Freightliner Argosy is as far as I will go as the newer ones are starting to look Euro with the front grill. The older ones are cool by me. The best looking Euro truck for me is the Iveco Hi-Way. That is the closet I can get to the style of cabover I like. The Euro motors just don't have that umph sound I need.
FlyingPigeon

Re: This guy don't like ATS or SC

#76 Post by FlyingPigeon » 10 Nov 2017 16:29

Europe has smaller tactor units because of total lenght regulation, if that wasnt a issue you would see bigger cabs in Europe too
Scandinavian truckdriver.
SiSL
SCS Software

#77 Post by SiSL » 10 Nov 2017 16:37

Cabovers have much larger driving space, while rest of it hardly "bigger than a car" due to unability to climb a stairs :D

And about lights, it is not for driver to see outside, it is for others to see big truck coming towards them to beware :D
GT182

#78 Post by GT182 » 10 Nov 2017 20:56

CARL1992 wrote: 27 Oct 2017 20:24 they have 2 teams working for both games

where is ATS being neglected ?!
Where is ATS being neglected ? Do you want me to really start. And I didn't do the video. It's time you guys at SCS start listening to those of us that either have driven the highways in ATS or live in the areas the sim covers. SCS advertises the Nevada maps as..... "American Truck Simulator New Mexico pursues a real America, not a Hollywood America". Is this a joke or what? All of ATS is a Hollywood America..... unless SCS wants to fix it and make it real as it should be. Be the Simulation you say it is. Then what they advertise can be taken seriously. Until then... not so much. Step up and make ATS what you say it is.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
xXCARL1992Xx

#79 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 10 Nov 2017 21:01

where did they advertise what for ATS ?

i dont get your post, till you explain yourself properly you will be just ignored
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Glutinous Rice

#80 Post by Glutinous Rice » 10 Nov 2017 21:03

GT182 wrote: 10 Nov 2017 20:56 SCS advertises the Nevada maps as..... "American Truck Simulator New Mexico pursues a real America, not a Hollywood America".
I have never seen SCS use that line before. Where did you see it?

Return to “General discussion about the game”