Open beta 1.29 discussion

skyshark

Re: Open beta 1.29 discussion

#591 Post by skyshark » 11 Nov 2017 05:21

I just want to thank scs for breaking this game that was very good til the 24 Oct. When y'all messed up this game a lot of folks are having to start over in their games. Some will say oh stop crying, but the next time a dlc comes around with scs breaking ats do you think you are going to support scs by y'all selves. The ones that had their game messed up are not going to support scs. Again thank you scs for breaking this great game.
bobgrey1997

#592 Post by bobgrey1997 » 11 Nov 2017 06:00

The game is only messed up if you use mods. Don't use mods and your problems are solved. The actual updates never break anything, because before they get released, they go through closed beta testing, then open beta testing. If you are complaining about the open beta breaking your games, you shouldn't be in the open beta to begin with unless you are prepared for it. ALWAYS keep your modded profiles OUT OF BETA! If you want to enjoy the beta, use a clean, never-modded profile. Problem solved!
pigbrother

#593 Post by pigbrother » 11 Nov 2017 06:27

I played during the whole Open Beta and I'm playing now without any problem. I have a few mods, but at least I know how to debug them or how to remove them without screwing up the whole savegame. If you collect mods like you collect pokemons, maybe you should think twice next time. :B
I have approximate knowledge of many things
SabR

#594 Post by SabR » 11 Nov 2017 06:30

What are you both talking about? skyshark is right & so are the other folks who share the same opinion. SCS breaks the modded game every single time they release a patch. They should stop releasing patches and let us play in peace. We don't need new features, game optimizations & definitely no new map dlcs.
pigbrother

#595 Post by pigbrother » 11 Nov 2017 06:38

Aye. Some people after every patch.
i-will-bitch-about-heat-i-will-bitch-about-cold-3175805.jpg
i-will-bitch-about-heat-i-will-bitch-about-cold-3175805.jpg (26.97 KiB) Viewed 743 times
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Tigerclaw

#596 Post by Tigerclaw » 11 Nov 2017 09:47

I can understand peoples frustrations when all of a sudden the game gets broken due to an update. I used to be the same in the beginning when I didnt understand why/whatfor/how. I learned that SCS keeps trying to make the game BETTER for us players, more "enjoyable" etc.

Granted the game is a LOT better with some mods (not all), and there are some I really don't like being without. But I'm not a mod whore, I don't just download a mod because it's there. I choose carefully, based on what they will give me.

This last update broke NOTHING for me, I was able to continue playing seamlessly with a few minor warnings, a couple of errors, but no crashes in my MODDED profile. But absolutely no problems at all in my CLEAN profile.

So if you want to carry on playing with each update, run two profiles, one for mods, and one clean to use new DLC's Betas etc. Then wait for the mods to be updated. Quite simple really when you think about it. No need to lose everything, no need to start all over again, and no need to stop playing. Quit your whinging, and use some common sense okay.
Tony
xXCARL1992Xx

#597 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 11 Nov 2017 09:56

skyshark wrote: 11 Nov 2017 05:21 I just want to thank scs for breaking this game that was very good til the 24 Oct. When y'all messed up this game a lot of folks are having to start over in their games. Some will say oh stop crying, but the next time a dlc comes around with scs breaking ats do you think you are going to support scs by y'all selves. The ones that had their game messed up are not going to support scs. Again thank you scs for breaking this great game.
SabR wrote: 11 Nov 2017 06:30 What are you both talking about? skyshark is right & so are the other folks who share the same opinion. SCS breaks the modded game every single time they release a patch. They should stop releasing patches and let us play in peace. We don't need new features, game optimizations & definitely no new map dlcs.
i would say it is your own fault the game broke so deal with it

SCS releases an update that works 100% with the game so they dont break there own game, it is your excessive use of mods (and garbage mods, not updated mods) that breaks the game not SCS, next time you start the game with mods i would recommend you to read the white text on the bottom of the screen and stop bitching about your own fault
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
DragonSpirit

#598 Post by DragonSpirit » 11 Nov 2017 11:36

if you dont use mods then it wont break, so how is it SCS fault? You CHOOSE to use mods, you CHOOSE to risk broken mods after an update from SCS.
So whine at the modmakers or CHOOSE to wait til they update their mods.

The improvement SCS makes for the game is stuff people like, ones who dont, why are you playing a game if you dont like what they offer you?
marcel-dutch

#599 Post by marcel-dutch » 11 Nov 2017 12:11

Some points have to say:

- SCS updates don't mess up the main dlc's!
- Under the hood is so much updated or upgraded that some MODS don't work. And some modders are lazy to upgrade/update their mods, or modders are retired modders and therefore the MODS are not updated/upgrades. That causes the crashes at the startup.
- SCS is constandly upgrading and improving the software. So it never will be finished. As user or Modder you need to realize that fact.
Max
SCS Software

#600 Post by Max » 11 Nov 2017 12:11

in addition, if anyone does not want to use new game update because of not-updated mods he/she can use one of compatibility branches - they exist exactly for that reason.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.

Return to “General discussion about the game”