Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Western Balkan (Croatia, Serbia, B+H, Albania, Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Greece)
45%
Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
8%
More of Turkey
6%
Expand Scandinavia
20%
More of Russia
6%
Ireland
11%
Iceland
1%
(Parts of) North Africa
2%

Total votes: 966

thebigbadonion

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Italy?

#31 Post by thebigbadonion » 25 Nov 2017 17:42

I think Spain and Portugal should be up next theyre some of the more important European countries still missing from the game. Allowing access to them without France isn't difficult if you think it through logically just include one of the roads through France in the base game and keep it hidden unless Spain or France is presant. Although before any new territories are added I really think the base map needs a complete overhaul. Especially Germany, since it's the country you drive through most often. But the rest of the map also desperately needs bringing up to current standards whether they do this for free or open a paetreon to help fund the work is up to them. These days I find it painful to play the base map without something like promods. The base map just hasn't aged well. I think without pro mods I would have stopped playing ets2 by now, and I would not rely on a mod.
lukk

#32 Post by lukk » 25 Nov 2017 20:54

I voted for Baltic area. With upcoming Italy we gonna have 4 DLC's in all directions surrounding the base map. I think it's time to go east once again. The Baltic DLC with Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia and southern Finland would equal the size of Scandinavia DLC. Next with keeping the counter clockwise direction we could have smaller DLC with Ireland and Northern Ireland. After this it would be great to finally see Iberian Peninsula with Spain and Portugal. Last but not least Balkan Peninsula, with size similar to France it could be easly a one nice DLC. I'm thinking also about 2 extra DLC's - Scandinavia part 2 and Iceland. With total of 10 DLC's we could cover the whole Europe. It would be a dream to have all those DLC's and be able to drive from Helsinki to Lisbon or from Dublin to Athens :)
Of course I will keep my fingers crossed for the rebuild of base map in the meantime.
Taytruck

#33 Post by Taytruck » 25 Nov 2017 21:22

Spain and Portugal gets my vote
Reider

#34 Post by Reider » 26 Nov 2017 03:31

I'm from the UK but want Spain and Portugal.....
Stuferus

#35 Post by Stuferus » 26 Nov 2017 15:50

looks like the base map rebuild wins? I really would love a germany, nederlands, belgium, uk rebuild :)
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#36 Post by Mohegan13 » 26 Nov 2017 16:02

TBH I consider the rebuild a wasted vote. Rebuild is not something that is "added" just "changed over time" and won't be DLC.

If it ever happens it will require a new dedicated team working along side other map teams who make DLC, which was already made clear many months ago in the Polish interview. To me "where do we go from here" is more important than "stay here and forget about anything new". :D
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
axelrol

#37 Post by axelrol » 27 Nov 2017 11:44

About Spain and Portugal - that is most likely will not gonna happen because to drive there, you have to buy France DLC first :) In my opinion, it will be Slovenia, bacause there are already signs on the roads what shows direction to this country.
AngelNFSMWCPSUC

#38 Post by AngelNFSMWCPSUC » 27 Nov 2017 12:08

I hope that the next countries are Spain and Portugal. I don't think SCS has any problem to add only a road from DLC France to the base map to enter in Spain (road from Lyon to Montepellier and go to Spain). This "problem" will also happen with ATS. I think that it's the most logical.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#39 Post by Mohegan13 » 27 Nov 2017 13:34

I would imagine they decided on how to deal with DLC </> DLC map connections before ATS launched they would have known it was something they would need to look into long ago.

Whether the same method can be used for ETS2 is unknown, but if they follow the current "anti-clock wise" map release we're about to find out because we'll be heading East which means a Go East connection could be required. We'll find out soon enough.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
daniel_bel

#40 Post by daniel_bel » 27 Nov 2017 13:52

I would imagine they decided on what will be the next map DLC long ago, and that probably it's already started.
Anyway I think the poll will show our interest, or lack of, in this and that. Maybe for the next after the next.

I agree that today's Italy and Austria do provide a nice gateway to southeast Europe, which is every bit as scenic as Iberia, with Slovenian Alps, Adriatic coasts etc
Domin Illum Mea
Born before Arpanet, playin' that way
Do you really believe Charles touched his nose?

Return to “General discussion about the game”