Community's Driver Seats [homecockpit thread]

klauzzy

Community's Driver Seats [homecockpit thread]

#1 Post by klauzzy » 24 Sep 2017 05:57

hey!

In the SCS blog i saw a lot of cool setups how you guys play ets2, but i couldn't find a thread in the forum to share your experience about how you built your cockpit.

I want to start with my Actros MP3 Dashboard.

used stuff:
- Thrustmaster T500rs modified with self made adapter for the wheel (my logitech g25 broke because the mp3 wheel was too heavy)
- Thrustmaster th8rs - midified with self made adapter for the man shift knob
- Retarder lever
- Turn Signal lever
- light switch
- original actros mp3 wheel
- original interior parts
- MAN shift knob with range/split
- a monitor instead of a tacho (using Funbits mobile dashboard app with the actros mp3 skin i made)
- my old logitech g25 shifter modifiied to be the Parking Brake
- Leobodnar BBI-32 Button Box Interface - With Connectors to connect all buttons
- SV mapper to get all buttons working correct
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Heilbronn 1:1 - Map
Reider

Re: Community's Driver Seats [homecockpit thread]

#2 Post by Reider » 24 Sep 2017 09:42

Mine is a very simple setup but the shifter is run through a module that changes it to a USB standalone instead of the normal Logitech connector. I can reprogram the gate as it wears and allocate new digital numbers to each position to keep it tuned. I made a bench from an electronic organ stand with a piece of melamine bolted on the top. The shifter is connected to that and can be changed from left hand to right hand drive in seconds. The wheel is a DFGT and bought used from Ireland via CEX stores. I keep that fastened to the desk all the time and have a 2nd desk next to it with the keyboard and monitors on. I can slide one of my two monitors, the mouse and keyboard left and it becomes my cab for that session. Slide it back for a normal PC setup. I may make it more like yours one day.
TumiliuM

#3 Post by TumiliuM » 24 Dec 2017 00:02

Hello,

the other day, I got this turn indicator and wiper stalk set from a new Volvo XC90 (256) that was replaced by warranty (I work at a Volvo dealer with service center). I'm pretty sure that the stalks themselves work, because if not, they would've been replaced without the middle part. Anyways, what I want to do is take these two stalks off the middle part (I need to get a TX8 bit to unscrew them), hook them up to some kind of circuit board, connect it via USB to my computer, configure it as an additional game controller for ETS2/ATS and somehow put the stalks on my G27 steering wheel.

My question: Is it very difficult for someone that has very limited knowledge of electronics and programing like me? And what is everything I need to do that?

[ external image ]
apazze_fin

#4 Post by apazze_fin » 25 Dec 2017 19:26

klauzzy's setup makes my desk look like an ordinary office setup =D

My setup is easily convertable from ETS2 / ATS / DiRT Rally -station to an office desk vice versa.
PC: i7-7700k, 16GB RAM, SSD + 2 HDD's, GeForce GTX1070
Monitor: 27" Curved FullHD Samsung
HeadTracker: DIY trackhat and retailer modified PS3 camera (iR filter removed by vendor) + FaceTrackNoIr
Wheel: G29, which my wife bought me for christmas, even though she thinks thas as i'm 35 and father of 3 and stepdad for 1, I should try to grow up =D
Shifter: Logitech Shifter with (again) DIY knob that houses range selector and splitter switches + 2 additional buttons (which I use for turning signals)
Button box: Saitek Farm Sim Vehicle Side Panel

[ external image ]
20171225_205222 by Apazze, on Flickr
marcf

#5 Post by marcf » 26 Dec 2017 23:05

Built my own from wood and an old car seat, built about 10 years ago for racing games, moved to ETS 2-3 years ago
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Includes functioning handbrake wired up with a cheap PC gamepad, separate USB input to the wheel

Since these photos upgraded to G27, 18 speed shifter
folding pedal platform makes it very compact since I have this sliding into place in front of my gaming computer
Hard to believe those photos came from a standalone digital camera, these days my phone does 12mp photos in much better quality
Konotori

#6 Post by Konotori » 24 Mar 2018 18:57

Hi,

I've finished my gaming setup, It contains Three LCD screens with TrackIR, Logitech Z333 speakers, heavy modified G27, two buttonboxes and dashboard telemetry application on tablet. It's build more-less exclusively for ETS2 / ATS.

Most modifications are home-made, I've replaced g27 wheel with larger 35cm racing wheel, using 3Drap adapter. Control sticks on wheel base are from Skoda Favorit, quite a tough job to fit them in there. Shifting knob is from Skoda Octavia, has two easy replaceable electrical switches for range / gear splitting. I've also extended g27 pedals, and mounted them to the wall.

All inputs are connected to two cheap arcade USB encoders from Aliexpress, hidden in buttonboxes. To make toogle switches work correctly, I use JoyToKey software.
10" tablet acts as 4th monitor (connected to PC via USB, using WiredXdisplay app) and displays Funbit's dashboard server application.

Pictures:
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Video, driving volvo fh16 2009 with Kriechbaum stock sound:
DICEEE
Beta tester

#7 Post by DICEEE » 25 Mar 2018 18:26

You all will sure be featured. Congrats
bubagum

#8 Post by bubagum » 27 Mar 2018 15:10

Oh really amazing things. When i see this cockpit I took a decision to quit :D unless I wouldn't playing the ets2
apazze_fin

#9 Post by apazze_fin » 27 Mar 2018 17:24

New desk setup finally complete. Since my office/gaming corner is located in our livingroom and my wife and I like to keep our home guest friendly, cable management and visual image are major issues. As a result a real cockpit was unfortunately out of the question. But I'd say this is a good compromise.

The basic idea is that all the sim hardware is fixed to the right side of the table and the left side is reserved for working (read: RPG -gaming and net surfing). When transitioning from surfing to driving, all I have to do is to swing the display infront of the wheel.

[ external image ]20180327_184831 by Apazze , on Flickr

[ external image ]20180327_184815 by Apazze , on Flickr

Setup: i7-7700K, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 1070, Logitech G29 with shifter and self made "sfiterknob" housing splitter and range selector + 2 extra buttons (left/right turning signal) and Saitek Farm Sim Side Panel Control Deck. For headtracking I use FaceTrack NoIR with IR modified PS3 camera and DIY "track hat". I also use a mini keyboard and generic wireless mouse for ETS2/ATS/FarmingSims basically because i'm too lazy to move the better keyboard and mouse around the table whenever i "switch my seat". Logitech G105 keyboard and Mad Catz M.M.O 7 mouse are used for other types of gaming and working.
Terg500

#10 Post by Terg500 » 07 Apr 2018 19:08

Compared to what you guys have mine is pretty standard and lame. I was never really happy about my turn indicator being bound to buttons on the wheel so after searching around my house a bit I did find a cheap solution and a use for my old and broken 360 controller and a few old Lego pieces. I now use them for the turn indicator and other functions like the camera. So if any of you don't want to spend too much money and have an old controller lying around use it. :)
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”