[REL] Cabin Strobe Lights V4.2 [02/10/23]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
LeafeonGold

[REL] Cabin Strobe Lights V4.2 [02/10/23]

#1 Post by LeafeonGold » 22 Apr 2018 16:56

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Here is V4.2 of a Cabin Strobe Light mod I put together, It allows you to have strobing lights on the roof of your truck that are also marker lights, just to be DOT legal. The perfect solution for someone who needs front warning lights, but doesn't want to install a light bar on the roof of their truck. This mod was inspired by some of the show trucks by Equipment Express Inc. in Caldwell, TX, and also because since the flare rework update came out, I've been only a little strobe-crazy. I'm open to feedback, and suggestions for more light patterns.

Current Video (V3): Older Video: Change log!

Version 4.2:
  • Def file update which should streamline adding new locations to put the light.
  • Should support Jon Ruda's trucks now. I hope. Let me know if they're still missing.
  • Set up a new flash pattern, but I can't afford a zmod license at the moment. Another update soon.
  • V1 of new UI Icons.
Version 4.1:
  • Merry Crisis update cancelled.
  • Flare hotfix.
Version 4: (Merry Crisis update part one)
  • Separated all the models again back into . . . . 66 models. This is to fix a lingering bug with variants.
  • Adjusted the hookup files.
Version 3:
  • All models now using the latest PMG format.
  • Added two more patterns that don't require 7 cabin lights.
Version 2:
  • Now has strobes for all 3 default cabin light models!
  • File size got much smaller, as SiSl reminded me that addon parts support variants, so instead of 54 different models, there's now only 3.
Known bugs:
  • None currently!
Mod Compatibility:
  • If you use Project 3XX, you're going to have to run this mod above it until it updates, as the two mods share a hookup file. I'll make sure Guidot gets the updated hookup file for the next time the 3XX is updated.
You can download V4.2 here! (February 10, 2023)

Download V4.1 here. (April 3, 2021)
Download V4 here. (November 20, 2020)
Download V3 here. (April 13, 2020)

Steam Workshop Version: V4.2 (February 10, 2023)

Usual rules apply, don't reupload, please.

Donations are optional, but if you feel so generous, more information about it can be found here.
Last edited by LeafeonGold on 10 Feb 2023 07:57, edited 20 times in total.
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW |//| 32GB RAM
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens
worksgr8

Re: Cabin Strobe Lights V1 [4/21]

#2 Post by worksgr8 » 22 Apr 2018 21:09

Dude your a life saver ive been after these things since the strobe beacons were released and do you watch big rig videos channel by any chance
oh by the way will you be making different version like the torpedo lights with clear lenses and what not
DEDE62

#3 Post by DEDE62 » 22 Apr 2018 21:58

Amazing, thank you ;)
LeafeonGold

#4 Post by LeafeonGold » 22 Apr 2018 23:01

worksgr8 wrote: 22 Apr 2018 21:09 Dude your a life saver ive been after these things since the strobe beacons were released and do you watch big rig videos channel by any chance
oh by the way will you be making different version like the torpedo lights with clear lenses and what not
I do watch Big Rig Videos, that was part of my inspiration. Since i'm a believer of reusing SCS assets, I can recreate these strobe lights on the torpedo style cabin lights they have, no promises on making new lights, since my modeling skills leave much to be desired.
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

BK Vissers

#5 Post by BK Vissers » 23 Apr 2018 11:51

That is really cool! Would it be legal do do that, however? Don’t marker lights have to function solely as marker lights? Not a complaint, just curiosity. I like this mod. :)
NTMID8_Z28

#6 Post by NTMID8_Z28 » 23 Apr 2018 17:21

Love it!
PiggeVonKnorr

#7 Post by PiggeVonKnorr » 11 May 2018 17:34

Any thoughts of making the torpedo variants as strobes as well? saw that you mentioned it earlier that you might do them as well, and since i love this mod i really hope the torpedos is in progress. Thanks
JoaoRabit

#8 Post by JoaoRabit » 14 May 2018 18:21

BK Vissers wrote: 23 Apr 2018 11:51 Would it be legal do do that, however?
Does anyone have any information about this? I'm also interested in knowing if this is legal or not.
Winchester1979

#9 Post by Winchester1979 » 30 Jun 2018 22:22

Wow, these were excellent, love them to bits and have installed them on all the trucks in my fleet that actually have the option to put roof lights on. Much less obstrusive than most of the other beacon light solutions...

If there's one thing I'd like to ask for it's a light pattern that looks good with just the 1, 3, 4, 5, and 7 lights installed (the "default" setup, if I recall correctly. One of my other mods must have screwed them up since they're no longer available in the truck configurator...)

Also, maybe if you'd like a project, see if you can come up with something similar for the side lights that you can add to most of the Peterbilts and Kenworths? :)
LeafeonGold

#10 Post by LeafeonGold » 01 Jul 2018 00:39

BK Vissers wrote: 23 Apr 2018 11:51 That is really cool! Would it be legal do do that, however? Don’t marker lights have to function solely as marker lights? Not a complaint, just curiosity. I like this mod. :)
JoaoRabit wrote: 14 May 2018 18:21 Does anyone have any information about this? I'm also interested in knowing if this is legal or not.
As long as they still do their marker light duty when not active (which they do), they are perfectly legal in the US.
Winchester1979 wrote: 30 Jun 2018 22:22 Wow, these were excellent, love them to bits and have installed them on all the trucks in my fleet that actually have the option to put roof lights on. Much less obstrusive than most of the other beacon light solutions...

If there's one thing I'd like to ask for it's a light pattern that looks good with just the 1, 3, 4, 5, and 7 lights installed (the "default" setup, if I recall correctly. One of my other mods must have screwed them up since they're no longer available in the truck configurator...)

Also, maybe if you'd like a project, see if you can come up with something similar for the side lights that you can add to most of the Peterbilts and Kenworths? :)
I can emulate any light pattern with a video reference of some sort, and I can probably remove the knight ride style swish from the first pattern so that it would be more compatible with 2 and 6 missing.

Regarding the side lights, I was thinking of possible putting something together side runner style, but I don't know if it would be too over the top or not. :lol: The one on the left is more what i'm thinking of.
I think I can also do the torpedo style lights as well in the same 3 flash patterns, or different ones if requested. Would anyone also want the strobes/ marker lights in white as well (white running light, and white strobe)? Less legal because it isn't amber, but this is a game, so . . . 8-)

Return to “Truck accessories”