ETS2 Studio [v0.7.0.1 > 10.01.2016]

ScuL81

Re: ETS2 Studio V0.4

#31 Post by ScuL81 » 14 Oct 2013 15:13

You could integrate the nvidia DDS utilities
https://developer.nvidia.com/content/dd ... 3111271645

I've made some private tools that speed up our modding work and use this library to read a PNG and export it straight into DDS DXT5
ProMods ETS2 mod - Official ProMods website www.promods.net
boatsexpress

#32 Post by boatsexpress » 14 Oct 2013 18:09

Code: Select all

00:00:33.674 : <ERROR> [unit] File '/def/cargo/lema_lema.sii', line 8:
00:00:33.674 : <ERROR> Included at '/def/cargo.lema.sii', line 2:
00:00:33.674 : <ERROR> Expecting attribute name or closing bracket, found ','
00:00:33.674 : <ERROR> load_filtered_unit_array() - Failed to load units from file (/def/cargo.lema.sii)
thanks for help me
WerewolfCustoms

#33 Post by WerewolfCustoms » 14 Oct 2013 18:53

ScuL81 wrote:You could integrate the nvidia DDS utilities
https://developer.nvidia.com/content/dd ... 3111271645

I've made some private tools that speed up our modding work and use this library to read a PNG and export it straight into DDS DXT5
Currently, I'm working on a different solution. Well, If it doesn't work, I'll go this way :)
Thanks for the info!
boatsexpress wrote: thanks for help me
Hi! Check your private messages. :)

Unfortunately, I wanted to publish as many features as possible in the shortest possible time. That means that I spent very little time testing ETS2 Studio.
And that's not good. :) Sorry. The next update is planned to be released a day or two after the new SCS patch. (I have to include the new Volvo in the skin maker tool.) I hope I'll kill most of the bugs until then. At least the big ones. :)

:D
danbywinby

#34 Post by danbywinby » 14 Oct 2013 20:40

Hi WerewolfCustoms

This is a great piece of software that you have created and i will certainly be keeping an eye on this thread to see what updates come to this.

Obviously as you can guess there is a lot that i would like to see added to this and i am sure that you will add a lot. But one thing i would love to see added would be the option to preview your skin on the truck as it would appear in-game so that you dont have to load the game to test the skin that you are creating. I imagine that this feature will require a lot of work and probably won't happen for some time but if you can add it that would be great.

In the meantime though this piece of software is awesome :D Great Job on it :mrgreen:
WerewolfCustoms

#35 Post by WerewolfCustoms » 14 Oct 2013 20:59

danbywinby wrote:Hi WerewolfCustoms

This is a great piece of software that you have created and i will certainly be keeping an eye on this thread to see what updates come to this.

Obviously as you can guess there is a lot that i would like to see added to this and i am sure that you will add a lot. But one thing i would love to see added would be the option to preview your skin on the truck as it would appear in-game so that you dont have to load the game to test the skin that you are creating. I imagine that this feature will require a lot of work and probably won't happen for some time but if you can add it that would be great.

In the meantime though this piece of software is awesome :D Great Job on it :mrgreen:
Hi! :)

I'm thinking about the live preview function...
I can't promise anything, but I'm almost certain that it could be done. Well, at least to some extent.
I'll look into it.

Well, this feature could probably see the light of day in version 0.8 or something like that :D

Thank you for your comment!
akm74

#36 Post by akm74 » 14 Oct 2013 21:13

This the crazy idea for future versions (check attached screens)….but someone from SCS have to come and explain all future/setting of “road.look.sii” files in details. I also like them to integrate “noise” future for roads. We have this future for terrain. I aware that AI cars will not care for road condition… and thats fine. Just make it work for player. Perfect roads become boring overtime :-)

download/file.php?mode=view&id=1773
Attachments
road_a.jpg
road_a.jpg (142.87 KiB) Viewed 3593 times
road_b.jpg
road_b.jpg (133.45 KiB) Viewed 3593 times
WerewolfCustoms

#37 Post by WerewolfCustoms » 16 Oct 2013 17:13

@akm74:

I love the idea, and the way you presented it with screenshots.

I could make this kind of tool, but I need to see the road look system in action before I start working on it.
I searched trough game Base and Def archives, but I couldn't find any road.look files. Could you tell me where they are?
If there's no such files already in the game, then I can't make a tool that generates this kind of files. Sorry.
ohaha

#38 Post by ohaha » 16 Oct 2013 17:16

The looks are in the geometrical models, I think...
I might be wrong, though.
Retired, but still loving it.
WerewolfCustoms

Re: ETS2 Studio V0.4.2

#39 Post by WerewolfCustoms » 16 Oct 2013 18:19

@ohaha - Yes, it could be that. Similar to truck/trailer models. Let's wait a bit, maybe @akm74 ecaucan provide some more info.

On the other hand,
I just released an updated version (0.4.2) of ETS2 Studio.
It was mostly because of bugs, but I added a nice feature: ETS2 Studio now accepts PNG images for skins and workshop icons.

I could add support for more image files, but I'll wait to see what people want/need. :)
Reinhard

Re: ETS2 Studio V0.4.2

#40 Post by Reinhard » 16 Oct 2013 19:48

WerewolfCustoms wrote:Yes, it could be that. Similar to truck/trailer models.
I'm thinking that roads - including terrain - are the only type of 3D-object (based on a mesh) in the game that doesn't come with a PMD/PMG representation.

In my view, each road type is established by a kind of "dynamic" mesh that is created by the engine, on runtime, depending on the data in "road.look.sii". Which is good, as it is more flexible than to create a base 3D-model with an editor, for each road type. And you can apply any available material, no preset definition list of materials necessary, like in a PMD.

Return to “General discussion about the game”