Alaskan Truck Simulator

#1 Post by piva » 02 Oct 2018 08:54

Coming Soon.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/8491 ... Simulator/

New competitor for Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme :lol: and maybe SCS? :roll:
Vinnie Terranova

Re: Alaskan Truck Simulator

#2 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 02 Oct 2018 09:15

After watching the video I can tell you one thing: physics are horrible. Although I do like changing flat tires, putting chains on, and rolling rocks as random event. The weather is also better than SCS. But in summary, I think Alaskan Truck Simulator is one of those cheap simulator games, like Fire Fighter Simulator, Airport Simulator, Heavy Freight Simulator, Road Construction Simulator, etc.
piva

#3 Post by piva » 02 Oct 2018 09:16

First release of ETS was not super game. :lol:
xyzan

#4 Post by xyzan » 02 Oct 2018 09:22

It seems also as a connection of simulator and survival - something like My Summer Car... you can fix something, you have to eat rabbit... etc. I'm not sure, if I like the idea or not... However, I'm pretty sure that some competition to ETS/ATS is good, as will gives us better progress on SCS games.
piva

#5 Post by piva » 02 Oct 2018 09:25

Maybe SCS will add expenses for food, living, rent and garage service now? :roll:
xyzan

#6 Post by xyzan » 02 Oct 2018 09:32

Leaving the truck and going for food or toilet... I've heard that voices :D
Better not :P
piva

#7 Post by piva » 02 Oct 2018 09:40

Payable parking on the roads like Autohof in Germany.
WerewolfCustoms

#8 Post by WerewolfCustoms » 02 Oct 2018 09:52

1. This game is abusing the name similarity. This can even hurt SCS games, as some people might buy Alaskan TS first, get disappointed and than never buy any SCS titles. Or, buy the game thinking it's a SCS product, and think SCS lowered their standards just to grab some cash.

2. Even in Alaska, they have truck stops and centers where truckers can eat. Hunting rabbits is a far fetched idea. I guess they bought an game template that had elements of FPS in it, and they just left it in the game.

3. To push SCS, competition would need to come up with a certain quality of their game. A bad game is not SCS's competitor. And, it certainly doesn't look like SCS needs to be pushed by someone... they're pushing more than enough on their own.
Scaniadriver1

#9 Post by Scaniadriver1 » 02 Oct 2018 09:58

Payable parking is a different story could be a good idea but that will fit somewhere else lol..

After saw the name and read about it I thought wow cool but after watching the steam video... Meh,third class game - not worth the money.
Ets2 started somewhere too, right, but on a way higher level than that.
Good idea fix your truck, go for food but flying tools and stuff without hands... Half-baked.
The scenery the roads, the trucks... Discovery was or is involved in this TV show ice road truckers and they agree to something like that...
Real licenses and map and scenery and gameplay and we talk again but I guess that won't be necessary because Alaska would be a map mod or something official from Scs Moore later Than sooner but hey, it is something with quality
OlavEmil

#10 Post by OlavEmil » 03 Oct 2018 22:35

piva wrote: 02 Oct 2018 09:16 First release of ETS was not super game. :lol:
First trucking game from SCS, Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel was indeed a super game when released. An absolute gamechanger, in fact. Same when ETS was released a number of years later, a totally state of the art piece of software. Games like the ones Vinnie Terranova names, and I agree that this looks like it will be yet another one in the category, are absolute garbage, and even if they were released at the time of 18WoS, they would fall well behind.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”