Re: wETS2G19Display : G19 LCD

maarek321

#11 Post by maarek321 » 16 Dec 2013 07:06

Would be awesome on android :) Is it somehow possible ?

zBobG

#12 Post by zBobG » 16 Dec 2013 08:50

From a .pdf overview of the LCD SDK:
What if I don’t have a product with an LCD? Can I run it with an emulator?
The SDK now supports an LCD emulator (both color and black and white) which can be invoked by holding down the left “CTRL” and “SHIFT” keys together and clicking the LCD Manager’s icon in the task bar using the right mouse button (right clicking). Select “Create External LCD Emulator” or “Create External Color LCD Emulator” and you will get an emulator LCD of the type you selected. Multiple emulator LCDs of either type can be created this way.
The SDK is included in the Logitech Gaming Software download:
http://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/support ... =14&bit=64

I think you DO NOT have to have a Logitech Gaming device such as the G19 in order to install the software. I do have a G15 and G13, both of which have non-color mono LCD displays but I can run the emulator and display a separate window on the desktop display with an emulated color LCD display. It is a separate window so I guess you could move it to a secondary display.

Developing an LCD application is not simple. A Logitech .dll must communicate with the targeted application, you must know data addresses, offsets and so on or have another method of communication such as an application provided interface. You would generally write your application interface and specific LCD code in MS Visual C but there are other methods.
Last edited by zBobG on 16 Dec 2013 09:02, edited 1 time in total.

ohaha

#13 Post by ohaha » 16 Dec 2013 08:57

So, what you're saying is I can have this, emulated on my second display.
Thing is, my displays are different, both in resolution and pixel size. Otherwise I would just run the game with eyefinity.
So, if I can get this info in a window, placed on the smaller screen, it would be super cool! But I have no Logitech devices installed. Will this work if I just install the application.. or it will refuse to install, because it cannot find a compatible peripheral?
Retired, but still loving it.

zBobG

#14 Post by zBobG » 16 Dec 2013 09:04

I think it will install without any Logitech device connected.

You should get a Logitech LCD manager application running with its Windows taskbar icon.

I can run the LCD Monitor (the app with the taskbar icon) manually:
"C:\Program Files\Logitech\GamePanel Software\LCD Manager\LCDMon.exe"

ohaha

#15 Post by ohaha » 16 Dec 2013 09:12

Cool, thanks!
I'll try when I get home.

zBobG

#16 Post by zBobG » 16 Dec 2013 20:55

The installation:

Once you have the Logitech Gaming Software installed...

You ordinarily install apps (.dlls or plugins) in this folder (possibly in their own subfolder):
C:\Program Files\Logitech\GamePanel Software\LCD Manager\Applets

You install there so that the LCDMon can find the app and run it automatically. When installed there the app will be automatically added to the list of apps possible to run on the LCDMon (maybe not added until ETS2 runs the app at least once).

From the SCS SDK:
The game loads all plugins found by combination of following methods:

1) By gathering all libraries from "plugins" subdirectory of the directory containing the game binary (e.g. /bin/win_x86/plugins).
2) (Windows only) By processing all string values stored in registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SCS Software\<GAME_NAME>\Plugins" (GAME_NAME is "Euro Truck Simulator 2" for ETS2). The data of those values are interpreted as paths to the libraries, one path per value. The names of the values are not relevant however it is recommended to use something identifying your product to avoid possible conflicts. When installing your product you can create this value including all the keys in the path if they do not exist yet to allow the game to find the plugin even if the user installs the game latter. When uninstalling your product you should remove the value. The keys can be removed if and only if they are empty.
So you add a registry key:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SCS Software\Euro Truck Simulator 2\Plugins"
which has a string value something like this:
wETS2G19 = "C:\Program Files\Logitech\GamePanel Software\LCD Manager\Applets\wETS2G19Display.dll"

It ought to run if the G19 .dll is installed (instead) in the ETS2 "/bin/win_x86/plugins" folder. But there might be a problem communicating with the LCDMon Manager.

Once you have run ETS2 the game should load the G19 .dll, then you can go to the LCDMon taskbar icon and ctrl+shift click to activate the external emulator to get a window displaying the LCD image. Double click the tray icon to open the LCD Manager and you can play with the options there, click "Programs" (may be different in different versions) to display the apps running on the LCD Monitor.

The LCD apps run even if they are not displayed so if you don't have a G19 the LCD Monitor does not care. That's why the emulator does work. I have several apps running that are not displayed until switched to with a button on the display.

I haven't tried the G19 app yet.

ohaha

#17 Post by ohaha » 16 Dec 2013 21:39

Thanks.. going to make some coffee and fill a big bucket with cold water... for my feet :)

Cadde
Global moderator

#18 Post by Cadde » 16 Dec 2013 23:07

I think the reason the post disappeared is because you edited it. Or maybe when you edit it while not out of the moderation phase it goes back to the moderation queue and thanks to the name it looks a lot like a spam bot posted it.

Just make one more post on these forums and you are out of the moderation phase and you can edit to your hearts content. ;)
ImageGreen text = Moderator action.
ImageWhite text = Opinions and general banter.
PEBCAK errors... PEBCAK errors everywhere! If my life had a log file, it would be filled with PEBCAK...

Whiler

#19 Post by Whiler » 16 Dec 2013 23:10

Hi,

I have updated the DLL in order to output to a window...
For lucky guys with a G19, you can call this window with the Menu button of the keyboard...
For the others, the window should be automatically opened on your second monitor... So, this is mandatory to have at least 2 screens...

You can move the Window with left drag&drop... you can switch screens with right click... you can switch speed unit with middle button...

As I have a G19, I haven't tested it without it.. . so, please, let me know if it works/crashes, ...

The download link hasn't changed...

Follow the explanations posted by zBobG extracted from the SDK documentation... you can put the DLL wherever you want, till you put the good path in the registry...
If you setup it correctly, you will have a warning when the game is launched, just after the 2 "videos": this is for personal use, blah blah blah....

Regards,

W.
zBobG wrote:From the SCS SDK:
The game loads all plugins found by combination of following methods:

1) By gathering all libraries from "plugins" subdirectory of the directory containing the game binary (e.g. /bin/win_x86/plugins).
2) (Windows only) By processing all string values stored in registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SCS Software\<GAME_NAME>\Plugins" (GAME_NAME is "Euro Truck Simulator 2" for ETS2). The data of those values are interpreted as paths to the libraries, one path per value. The names of the values are not relevant however it is recommended to use something identifying your product to avoid possible conflicts. When installing your product you can create this value including all the keys in the path if they do not exist yet to allow the game to find the plugin even if the user installs the game latter. When uninstalling your product you should remove the value. The keys can be removed if and only if they are empty.
So you add a registry key:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SCS Software\Euro Truck Simulator 2\Plugins"
which has a string value something like this:
wETS2G19 = "C:\your_path\wETS2G19Display.dll"

Whiler

#20 Post by Whiler » 16 Dec 2013 23:14

Cadde wrote:I think the reason the post disappeared is because you edited it. Or maybe when you edit it while not out of the moderation phase it goes back to the moderation queue and thanks to the name it looks a lot like a spam bot posted it.

Just make one more post on these forums and you are out of the moderation phase and you can edit to your hearts content. ;)
Thanks for the advise.
BTW, I don't remember I edited it... but maybe I did :) never mind, the thread is now ok :)

Return to “General discussion about the game”