BDF Tandem Truck Pack v149.00 (11 November 23)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
DannyKR

Re: BDF Tandem Truck Pack v143.00 (04 January 22)

#5921 Post by DannyKR » 10 Jan 2022 10:19

@Flemming V

Good day Flemming. There is still the problem that with Flatbed, Dropside and Logs, no load is visible when the load is accepted. an empty area is visible with Flatbed, Dropside and Logs. Will this problem be fixed? If so, when?
Flemming V
Global moderator

#5922 Post by Flemming V » 11 Jan 2022 06:34

Yes it will be fixes and when, I don't know.
MercDriver

#5923 Post by MercDriver » 11 Jan 2022 19:44

Ruward wrote: 09 Jan 2022 15:32 @MercDriver You could use a skin mod by Flemming from his website and reskin it.
Thanks, I did that and in the main it worked. I really tried hard to do it myself but where I came to a stumbling block was on the "sideskirts" In the Scania R and S 2016 template folder there are so mainly templates variants to pick from, and then their template names do not match with Mod Studio2 name/descriptions when adding accessories. What is not right with my edit is the skin colour boxes on the trailer. I cannot get them to skin in my colour scheme, they always revert to red which is the original skin colour.

Any ideas?
Flemming V
Global moderator

#5924 Post by Flemming V » 12 Jan 2022 06:41

If you use Painted Boxes on trailer, you can paint them in any color you like inside workshop. (Instead of choosing skin boxes)
Hope I understod you correct.
When time allow me, I will look into a way to paint trailer accessories in a better way. (As I see many using my mod on Youtube, hauling a trailer just white and not matching the truck, like it is too hard to do)
MercDriver

#5925 Post by MercDriver » 12 Jan 2022 10:24

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I did manage to get the chassis boxes to skin colour. I had a thought that it maybe the cistern files that caused the problem, so I adjusted the colour of the closet in the cistern .dds file and voila it worked. What I have noticed it that even though I colour matched every .dds file with a master box trailer .dds version, there is a slight colour mismatch between the truck skin and chassis components, and the truck body and trailer sides and trailer options. The mismatch cannot be seen in paint.net when you book match files together, but it is noticeable in game, and in Truck/Trailer dealer windows.
It has been a new experience for me to make changes to a .scs file from within WinRar. The only thing that I could not change was the image of the mod in Mod Manager, I was going to add a screenshot image to help me identify my version.
Tandem Truck Pack has brought yet another level to ETS2 for me. I will post a screenshot of "RKS Logistica Internazionale" at work in Milano.
Valy

#5926 Post by Valy » 12 Jan 2022 10:26

Do you plan to rebuild all the vehicles?
To make them more realistic?
Flemming V
Global moderator

#5927 Post by Flemming V » 12 Jan 2022 12:59

MercDriver wrote: 12 Jan 2022 10:24 there is a slight colour mismatch between the truck skin and chassis components
I did notice that my self, and at this moment, I am not sure why or how to fix it.
Valy wrote: 12 Jan 2022 10:26 Do you plan to rebuild all the vehicles?
To make them more realistic?
Are you talking about my chassis and trailers or the trucks themself. My answer will be for my trucks themself.
Nope, my intension is that all trucks are keeped as vanilla as possible.
This is why I have only addede chassis to trucks in game, to keep trucks as original in game as possible.
If I started changing trucks in game, I would also have to update them in my mod each time SCS update trucks in game.
So no, my mod does not change anything in game, just add to the game. (With a very few exceptions)

Regarding chassis and trailers, Yes I would love to upgrade them all to be more upto date and realistic.
But only time will tell, as it's the time that are needed.
WW_Basaltkopp

#5928 Post by WW_Basaltkopp » 13 Jan 2022 06:36

Hey Flemming & Valy,

Regarding the tractor units, as FLemming himself put it, should continue to function as easily as possible even after updates from SCS. From my point of view, Flemming's approach is only commendable. There are many other mods that, even after small updates by SCS, no longer work properly or even crash the game :-(

Regarding the realistic depiction of the vehicles, especially the trailers, I would simply claim that Flemmings trailers should be normal for his homeland, but are unfamiliar to the general public, like me from Germany.

I myself drive trucks in real life, can also drive with the drawbar, but there are seldom deep-coupled turntables in Germany because hardly anyone can move them without damage * lol *

In my opinion, Flemming's deeply coupled trailers are therefore unfamiliar to some players. I think Flemming should and will stick to this concept - if the realism question was about this detail ;-)
Sorry for my very bad english ;) I used the google Translater :mrgreen: :roll:
Flemming V
Global moderator

#5929 Post by Flemming V » 13 Jan 2022 06:38

Thank you very much for your feedback..
Valy

#5930 Post by Valy » 13 Jan 2022 09:39

Thanks for the answer hope you will can di the chassis and trailers better if you try

Return to “Trucks”