BDF Tandem Truck Pack v149.00 (11 November 23)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Flemming V
Global moderator

Re: BDF Tandem Truck Pack v143.00 (04 January 22)

#6041 Post by Flemming V » 05 May 2022 12:50

What screenshot?
You need to show me a picture where I can see which paint you are talking about.
nagor

#6042 Post by nagor » 05 May 2022 13:37

Most likely this question has already been answered, but I could not see all the pages of the discussion thread. Sorry.
Everything is fine when setting up for a purchase, but the slight vibration of the body while driving is tiring. Can't do without it?
Anyway, thanks for the great mod.
mannu

#6043 Post by mannu » 08 May 2022 08:33

hello Flemming and to all of you.
I would like to know Flemming if you can have the containers of the game on your tandem mod (as attached photos)?
thank you for your answer and for having the arm of the dolly shorter with the hook of the truck more at the back?
thank you

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Tobjac

#6044 Post by Tobjac » 08 May 2022 17:20

Tobjac wrote: 03 May 2022 09:34
Flemming V wrote: 03 May 2022 05:51
You can download skins from my site and play with them. In my kins you can see what to skin and not.

http://ets2.vinge.dk/default.asp?Side=Skin
Ah yes I've got that but is it possible to somehow get the Default skins on the trailers? I've found another mod which is sadly only for Volvo trucks that does exaclty copy the Trailer skins on the box of the Truck.

I just can't find the default skins inside the game file so that i can copy it onto your template... basically so i can do this https://ibb.co/mFMXQcm (screenshot from truck where i can use default skins on the box)

Sorry my English is not the best so i hope you get what i mean...
This one https://ibb.co/mFMXQcm
Themassivegerman

#6045 Post by Themassivegerman » 08 May 2022 18:39

@Tobjac works only if you skin it yourself.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#6046 Post by Flemming V » 09 May 2022 05:55

@Tobjac I am a little confused, you keep talking about the trailer but it is the truck you show me each time in you screenshot?
Where exact is your problem, it you talk about the sideskirt on the truck, then that is a know bug I have to deal with a some point.
Tobjac

#6047 Post by Tobjac » 09 May 2022 08:39

First; ive never talked about a sideskirt...

Second: I just want to make your mod tandem trucks look like the one in the Screenshot

What I want is to edit your white skin to make it look like the one in the screenshot, for that i want to copy the original paint into your skin...

but since I need to take the original trailer skin to make the cargo container look like it is in the screenshot, i want to know where i can find that file... I need the trailer file for that. because that what happened there with my volvo mod is: it copied the skin, that usually is used on trailers onto the cargo box thats on the truck.

I dont want to edit your trailers since i already have another tandem trailer mod... just want to edit the cargo container on the truck so it looks like the one in screenshot and for THAT i need the original TRAILER skin...

I know how to edit, i know how to install it etc.

only thing im still missing is the original paint file inside ets2 so i can copy it to your template...

Now got what i want to do?
Flemming V
Global moderator

#6048 Post by Flemming V » 09 May 2022 09:06

We do absolute not understanding each other at all. :-) :-)
Tobjac wrote: 09 May 2022 08:39 First; ive never talked about a sideskirt...
I did never said that you where talking about a sideskirt, it was more like IF you did, then I am just in advance telling you that there is a bug in the sideskirt, WHICH you can see on the screenshot you send me.
Tobjac wrote: 09 May 2022 08:39 I need to take the original trailer skin to make the cargo container look like it is in the screenshot
You still keep talking about a trailer.. Please I want to see a screenshot of that, so you can pinpoint the skin error on it.
I do not understand if you want to use a trailer skin on the truck or the oppsite, but use my skin files then you can make both truck and trailer skins.
Tobjac wrote: 09 May 2022 08:39 I dont want to edit your trailers since i already have another tandem trailer mod...
I have never told you to mod edit any trailer, only to edit my skin file to your need. :-)
You keep talking about a trailer file you want to edit and at the same time says that you use another tandem trailer mod.
How should I be able to help you with skin to a trailer that is not even mine??

Last, I have told you where the skin files are inside my mod.
Again, if you download any skin of MINE, you will see where BOTH truck and Trailer skins are to be found in the path.

Here they are:

Truck skin: vehicle\share\skin\cargo
Trailer skin: vehicle\share\skin\trailer
All other skin: vehicle\share\skin\accessory

These devil.dds files you find inside these paths ARE the only files you need to edit to make a complete skin for any truck or and trailer skin.
SO, if you want to change a skin on a truck which is using any kind of box, you need this file: Truck skin: vehicle\share\skin\cargo\box\devil.dds
Tobjac

#6049 Post by Tobjac » 09 May 2022 12:07

I give up...
Themassivegerman

#6050 Post by Themassivegerman » 09 May 2022 19:24

Tobjac wrote: 09 May 2022 08:39 First; ive never talked about a sideskirt...

Second: I just want to make your mod tandem trucks look like the one in the Screenshot

What I want is to edit your white skin to make it look like the one in the screenshot, for that i want to copy the original paint into your skin...

but since I need to take the original trailer skin to make the cargo container look like it is in the screenshot, i want to know where i can find that file... I need the trailer file for that. because that what happened there with my volvo mod is: it copied the skin, that usually is used on trailers onto the cargo box thats on the truck.

I dont want to edit your trailers since i already have another tandem trailer mod... just want to edit the cargo container on the truck so it looks like the one in screenshot and for THAT i need the original TRAILER skin...

I know how to edit, i know how to install it etc.

only thing im still missing is the original paint file inside ets2 so i can copy it to your template...

Now got what i want to do?
@Tobjac
You need the SCS extractor. Then you have to extract the base game SCS file. In the base game files (extracted) you can search for the trailer skin via def files and then in the vehicle folder.

Return to “Trucks”