BDF Tandem Truck Pack v149.00 (11 November 23)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Flemming V
Global moderator

BDF Tandem Truck Pack v149.00 (11 November 23)

#1 Post by Flemming V » 19 Jan 2014 12:25

VERSION: v149.00 - Game version 1.49.x Ready - (11 November 23)

Version 149.00 Changelog
Fixed gate issue in West Balkan DLC and in any other places in ETS2

Steam workshop version here
Steam workshop is always updated. Steam version support versions from 1.42.x and up to latest version 1.49.x.

Download non steam version here
Non Steam version is made for latest game version of game, no matter what version that is now.

Download OLDER version here
Download OLDER game version 1.34.x, 1.35.x, 1.36.x, 1.37.x, 1.38.x, 1.39.x and 1.41.x, 1.43.x here. (Mod Version 100.0, 107.0, 138.35, 139.40, 141.00, 1.49.00)

Media:

Please See this tutorial from Szymon KURZACZ

Please see this video for showing of the mod.

[ external image ]

This mod contain:

17 trucks:
Volvo FH16 2012
Volvo FH 2009
Scania R 2016
Scania S 2016
Scania R 2009
Scania Streamline
MAN TGX
MAN TGX Euro6
DAF XF
DAF XF Euro6
Mercedes Benz Actros 09
Mercedes Benz Actros 14
Iveco Stralis
Iveco Stralis Hi-way
Renault Premium
Renault Magnum
Renault T

120 Chassis:
7 different chassis for each truck (8 chassis for Volvo FH 2016 and Scania S 2016)
4x2, 4x2 Ultra Short, 6x2, 6x2TL, 6x4, 6x4TL, 8x4, 8x4TL, 10x4TL

310 Cargo Body Boxes
One for each 4x2 chassis and One for each 6x and 8x chassis
Coolliner, Profiliner, Universal, Container, Cistern Chrome, Cistern Paint, Logs, Dropside, Flatbed

62 drawbar Trailers
5 Different axles versions for each type. All trailers are ownable.
Coolliner - 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 2x2, 2x3
Profiliner - 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 2x2, 2x3
Universal - 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 2x2, 2x3
Container - 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 2x2, 2x3
Cistern Chrome - 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 2x2, 2x3
Cistern Paint - 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 2x2, 2x3
Logs - 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 2x2, 2x3
Dropside - 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 2x2, 2x3
Flatbed - 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 2x2, 2x3

27 Tandem Trailers
3 Different axles versions for each type. All trailers are ownable.
Coolliner - 2 axle, 3 axle and 4 axles
Profiliner - 2 axle, 3 axle and 4 axles
Universal - 2 axle, 3 axle and 4 axles
Container - 2 axle, 3 axle and 4 axles
Cistern Chrome - 2 axle, 3 axle and 4 axles
Cistern Paint - 2 axle, 3 axle and 4 axles
Logs - 2 axle, 3 axle and 4 axles
Dropside - 2 axle, 3 axle and 4 axles
Flatbed - 2 axle, 3 axle and 4 axles

8 NO Trailer version
A trailer that is invisible so you can haul with truck only.
Haul type: flatbed, curtainside, dryvan, insulated, refrigerated, logs, dropside, foodtank

Accessories for all chassis, spare tyres, extra tanks, extra battery, extra closet, painted or skined.
2-4 different sideskirts for all chassis, one to use with closet and one in full length for each chassis.
13 different exhaust pipes to the back of cabin for ALL trucks.
Ready for Cargo Marked, WOTR and so on.

Credit: Flemming Vinge, SCS, 50Keda (wheels) and Blender, Huge thanks to jgut and InVTaR for giving me inspiration to make this mod.
Download it without any commercials, you even don't need to wait for any DL countdown. No DL speed limit, no password or login before DL, no mod protection and of course 100% Free of charge. :)

Mod Compatible:
This mod uses ALL the original game trucks and add tandem chassis to them. It does not replace anything in game. Truck updates from SCS will automatic be used by this mod.

About:
To drive these Tandem trucks you need to go to your favorite truck dealer and upgrade a truck chassis.
After selecting your tandem chassis 4x2, 6x2, 6x4 or 8x4 chassis use the dot just behind the cabin to add the cargo body box or chassis accessories.
You can paint and upgrade all truck with same accessories as from the game, just like all other stock trucks in the game. Mod adds even more accessories.
Tandem and Drawbar trailers will be added to ALL game cargo, so remember to buy yourself a trailer in trailer shop. All trailers will WOTR and Cargo Market cargo.

Make your own company (skin):
You can download several skins for my mod, but one skin I think would be good, if you would like to create you own is the "Original" Skin, as I call it.
Download Original skin here: Skin Pack here (Grey)
Unpack the skin pack in a temp folder somewhere on your PC.
Edit all 5 devil.dds files in your favorit DDS editor to have your own skin.
5 devil.dds files in skin pack are to be found here:

CISTERN SKIN files should go in:
\vehicle\share\skin\cargo\cistern\devil.dds
\vehicle\share\skin\trailer\cistern\devil.dds

ALL OTHER SKIN files should go in:
\vehicle\share\skin\accessory\devil.dds
\vehicle\share\skin\cargo\box\devil.dds
\vehicle\share\skin\trailer\box\devil.dds

Just overwrite all these devil.dds files that you find, with your own skin dds files.
JUST remember that there is 2 different kinds of devil.dds files. One for Cistern and one for all other places.
Pack the skin mod again and add it to \documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod folder, and make sure it is on top, in the list of mods inside the game.

Find more skin packs here: Download Skin Pack here

You can find the accessory list here as well for adding those when you do your advanced skin
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/fil ... 060261254/
Thanks to Pete_agreatguy :-)

Remember to look for all my other mod as well, in this forum or on Steam Workshop. :-)

Installation: (Not Steam)

1. Download from the link above.
2. Move the downloaded file into your "My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod" folder.
3. Start the game and enter Mod Manager in your profile. Add mod to right side as active.
4. Visit your favorite truck dealer and config/upgrade the truck. (Or look at it, right away in TRUCK BROWSER)
5. Start adding Chassis and Cargo box to your truck.
6. Buy TRUCK
7. Buy a trailer and connect them in your garage
8. Drive and enjoy

To uninstall, disable the mod in the profile mod manager. (Perhaps even sell truck before deactivating, to make sure you avoid errors)
Game will not crash, you will just have a stock truck, if you only disable mod without selling. No harm done.

If you need a skin guide for your own skins, you can find a mighty fine one here:
viewtopic.php?f=172&t=281680

Copyright:
Please be kind and ask me if you want to use some of my stuff in your own mod. Pay mods not accepted.

Why this mod?:
Try it, Drive it and you will know.. :-)

-Flemming V
mabe16

Re: BDF Tandem Truck Pack

#2 Post by mabe16 » 19 Jan 2014 12:38

wow cool with a pack i think i am gonna try it and test the trucks since they all got the same chasis. I will see wich one that sbest to drive. Will you add premium and iveco strails to or?
florence3099
Global moderator

#3 Post by florence3099 » 19 Jan 2014 12:54

No Premium or stralis classic? :( but good work on the others
Anchoris

#4 Post by Anchoris » 19 Jan 2014 13:03

Amazing Flemming, really great work, I've already had the Volvo painted in my Fathers old haulage colours, and now a multipack..... excellent.

TaskUK
RobslinG

#5 Post by RobslinG » 19 Jan 2014 13:43

Love this mod, but i am struggling with figuring out how to make my own skin/paintjob for it, could any kind soul help me out with a bit more detailed guide? thanks in regards, Rob.
Did you hear Peterbilt, Kenworth, and Freightliner are going to make a truck together?
They are going to call it a "Peter Worth Shakin"
Flemming V
Global moderator

#6 Post by Flemming V » 19 Jan 2014 14:22

To make your own skin to this mod you need a DDS editor (Edit .dds files) and WinRar (unpack/pack mod), other programs will also do it.

Unpack my mod to a temp directory

Load up your dds editor and make that load this dds file here: devil.dds from here:

vehicle\trailer_eu\tandem\coolliner\textures\
vehicle\truck\upgrade\cargo\tandem\textures\
vehicle\truck\**truckname**\textures\

Now you can change/edit your color skin for both coolerboxes, on the truck and on the trailer.

Now save this DDS file after editing it, Use DXT5 and Interpolated Alpha, save it 3 times.
Save it these places here:

vehicle\trailer_eu\tandem\coolliner\textures\
vehicle\truck\upgrade\cargo\tandem\textures\
vehicle\truck\**truckname**\textures\

NOW, pack the mod again into a SCS file. Use compression Store and save it as zip, then rename .zip to .scs, last step it not that important. (rename from zip to scs).

That should do it.. ;)
RobslinG

#7 Post by RobslinG » 19 Jan 2014 15:20

Thanks! got most of it working now, only trouble i have now is how should i edit profi_liner? what does it show? and for some reason my trailers look like this in the market and far away Weird trailer , my skin only fades on when close to it, thanks in regards, Rob.
Did you hear Peterbilt, Kenworth, and Freightliner are going to make a truck together?
florence3099
Global moderator

#8 Post by florence3099 » 19 Jan 2014 15:27

Click generate mipmaps when saving
RobslinG

#9 Post by RobslinG » 19 Jan 2014 15:28

Not following you now joe.
aureo

#10 Post by aureo » 19 Jan 2014 15:59

Very nice mod! ;)
I'm having some troubles with coolerbox skin. It's not showing as it should be. After editing it i save it using dxtbmp, put it in the scs file, and ingame it shows like this:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Here is the devil.dds file with the skin as it should be:
[ external image ]
Not sure if it is something wrong the way i do it :oops: or it is a problem with the coolerbox mapping.

Beside that the only problem i've found is the incompability with ohaha's fh16 mod. when having both enabled the fh engine panel is missing. :cry:
[ external image ]

Return to “Trucks”