BDF Tandem Truck Pack v149.00 (11 November 23)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Rafaelkai

Re: BDF Tandem Truck Pack v143.00 (04 January 22)

#5911 Post by Rafaelkai » 07 Jan 2022 11:39

Flemming V wrote: 07 Jan 2022 06:50 The problem with the cables is that when adding tandem chassis to a truck in model, some accessories should stay on truck and some should be moved to tandem chassis and some should be both places.
When copy the cables to the rear of all my tandem chassis, they was to be seen on both cabin and at rear of my chassis at the same time, so I moved the rack from truck as there is no rack on a tandem truck.
Sadly that affected all vanilla trucks. (I was actually aware of this problem from the start, but had to pretent that people using my mod would not drive without tandem chassis, and then forgot all about it)

This is only a problem because SCS has moved the rack and not the cable onto vanilla cabin part, and not like before it where it was on vanilla chassis part. Of course still my problem and not SCS :-)
This is why there still is cables when selecting a vanilla chassis, because cables are a part of vanilla chassis where rack is a part of vanilla cabin. If only rack was a part of chassis as well, then problem was solved.
So to make this correct, I should not only move rack onto my chassis but also add it to all vanilla chassis, otherwise I will have complains that there is both a rack and cables on front and rear of truck at the same time.
Perhaps it will end up with rack and cables on both places, as I have no intension on editing all vanilla chassis at all.

Sorry, just feeling I had to explain the issue. :-)
Yes it would be the best not to edit the vanilla chassis as much as possible. Most of us just use a single profile and would like to use both BDF and vanilla configurations in our main profile. Cheers.
Shadowstyle

#5912 Post by Shadowstyle » 07 Jan 2022 13:46

Hey flemming have you managed to fix the flatbed/log carrier/dropside issues with the new version of the mod
MercDriver

#5913 Post by MercDriver » 07 Jan 2022 17:00

I have been driving ETS2 for 12 months now and recently I had been looking for a "Wagon and Drag" rig and only a week ago found your mod that included tandem trailers mainly. Most I could find only offered "dolly trailers which was not what I wanted.
Today was my first drive, so I loaded up my Grand Utopia profile and off I went for some really great 1:1 scale driving in a Scania 8x4 tag lift with rear axle steering and a 3 axle curtainsider tandem trailer. You really have done a fantastic job, the steering of the truck was as expected and the trailer behaved its self so well. Reversing the tandem into any bay was no problem and very predictable.
So your mod gets 5 stars from me, well done, great job. 8-)
ps I have towed a Caravan for many years so felt really at home when reversing :D
Themassivegerman

#5914 Post by Themassivegerman » 07 Jan 2022 19:10

@Flemming V
Most of us 😄 have more than one profile.
And we love your mod! 😄👍🏻
xXCARL1992Xx

#5915 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 07 Jan 2022 19:13

and the mod should still not touch none rigid trucks because there do exist people who dont want to use more profiles

the fix itself should be relativ easy because all cables are in the chassis, they cant be in the cabin portion, and changing them has to be done via override iirc, this way it always worked for me, my self made rigid chassis had the custom cables but the normal tractor chassis had their stock cables
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Flemming V
Global moderator

#5916 Post by Flemming V » 08 Jan 2022 08:05

Thank you to everyone for you feed back.. Very nice
Shadowstyle wrote: 07 Jan 2022 13:46 Hey flemming have you managed to fix the flatbed/log carrier/dropside issues with the new version of the mod
I have not been looking at it yet, but I for sure will, to see what is going on with these.
I have not added anything to them at all, so I wonder how they can fail on visual cargo. But will look at it and let you know.
MercDriver wrote: 07 Jan 2022 17:00 So your mod gets 5 stars from me, well done, great job. 8-)
Thank you so much for your feedback, mean a lot to me. :-)
MercDriver

#5917 Post by MercDriver » 09 Jan 2022 14:45

Hi I have a skinning question. I want to create my own company skin for use with your BDF Tandem Truck Pack, specifically for Scania 2016 R & S models.
Have I got this right?
1. Create a skin mod for the Scania truck cab/accessories in paint.net and create a mod for ETS2 in Mod Studio 2, Load in mod manager. (does it matter where in relation to main DBF Tandem Truck mod?)
2. My Version of the DBF mod is from Steam, where do I find the mod in ATS2 as it it not listed in documents/euro truck simulator/mod, nor could I find it in Steamapps folder. Or, would I be better using a none Steam version downloaded from your web site?
3. Skinning the DBF trailers and truck bodies. Open mod folder select trailer DEVIL.dds files for trailers, modify files with my paint job, replace files without changing file names. Rezip .scs file, overwrite .scs in mod folder with new version.
Hope that I have got this somewhere near right. If not, I'm sure that you guys will but me right :D 8-)
Ruward

#5918 Post by Ruward » 09 Jan 2022 15:32

@MercDriver You could use a skin mod by Flemming from his website and reskin it.
Greetings oet Grunn!
World of Trucks
RenegadeEU

#5919 Post by RenegadeEU » 09 Jan 2022 20:34

More profiles-because more trucks.
Easy solution.. HOUGH :D :D
DannyKR

#5920 Post by DannyKR » 10 Jan 2022 10:19

@Flemming V

Good day Flemming. There is still the problem that with Flatbed, Dropside and Logs, no load is visible when the load is accepted. an empty area is visible with Flatbed, Dropside and Logs. Will this problem be fixed? If so, when?

Return to “Trucks”