UK Improved Signage (v1.4) (REL) (28 JAN 2022)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
philbean

UK Improved Signage (v1.4) (REL) (28 JAN 2022)

#1 Post by philbean » 25 Jan 2014 20:00

Updated to v1.4

- Revised UK gas station price boards to account for ETS2 now adding the price digits
- Revised multiple city welcome signs

---------------------------------------------------------------

This mod aims to replace UK road signs with more realistic versions

CHANGES CAUSED BY THIS MOD

- Corrected UK 30mph and 60mph signs
- Replaced the UK 'No Waiting' sign with no U-Turns (the no waiting sign is hardly ever used in the UK, yellow kerb lines are used instead)
- Replaced all other UK street signs and dangerous bend chevrons with more accurate versions
- UK Speed cameras are now yellow on all sides
- Replaced UK roadworks speed signs with clearer more accurate versions
- Replaced all UK city entrance signs
- New UK gas station 'price boards'
- Replaced UK border 'drive on left' and speed conversion signs
- Replaced all UK 'small road navigation' signs (arrow direction signs not on motorways)

VERSIONS

As requested, there are now two versions of the mod. Only one version should be used.

Although the 60mph sign is an authorised sign by the UK Department for Transport, its useage is extremely rare.
In the UK, the 'National Speed Limit' sign (white circle with a black diaganol stripe) is used to indicate a speed limit of 50mph on single carriageway roads (60mph for cars) and 60mph on dual carriageways and motorways (70mph for cars). So these signs are used instead of a 60mph sign.
NOTE - In the rest of Europe these signs mean 'end of restriction' - as in the end of a no overtaking zone or local speed limit. In the UK they are speed limit signs only (although in ETS2 they are often misused!)

For this mod:
uk_improved_signage_1.4.scs - this version still contains 60mph signs
uk_improved_signage_1.4_no60.scs - this version replaces 60mph signs in the UK with National Speed Limit signs

COMPATABILITY

At present the mod only changes the textures of existing small signs. It should work with any other mod that does not try to alter UK traffic signs.

Works with large speed limit sign mods

The only mods with any issues are winter (snow) mods that add snow to roadsigns. To work with a winter mod you must place the uk-improved-signage mod at a higher priority than the winter mod.

FUTURE IMPROVEMENTS

There will be further improvements to the small road navigation signs and next I hope to learn how add brand new signs to the map, as I've a few ideas for some good additions.

PICCIES

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

DOWNLOAD FROM STEAM WORKSHOP

Choose one only..

National Speed Limit Signs Version

60MPH Signs Version

DOWNLOAD FROM SHAREMODS

Choose one only..

National Speed Limit Signs Version

60MPH Signs Version
Last edited by philbean on 28 Jan 2022 15:11, edited 4 times in total.
Andy_GTI

Re: UK Improved Signage (v1.0) (REL)

#3 Post by Andy_GTI » 25 Jan 2014 20:39

Looks good, I'm guessing this won't work with the latest addition of the promods map as this has made changes to uk road signs also?
GearJammer55

#4 Post by GearJammer55 » 25 Jan 2014 22:50

Looks great! Any enhancement to the map is beneficial to the realism of the game-play :D . Just DL'd the mod, so haven't tried it yet.
Andy_GTI: I would think as with the winter mod, loading it after Promods should work OK. I'm just about to find out............. ;)
ProMods Developer
philbean

#5 Post by philbean » 25 Jan 2014 23:35

Yeah I use it with promods. Just make sure it loads after it.

My mod doesn't touch the large overlay signs or motorway gantries so I don't think there's much, if any, clashing.
:)
adrian007

#6 Post by adrian007 » 25 Jan 2014 23:54

G'day
Have had a quick look yes it does indeed run with Promods ,Poland rebuilding , and Romanian maps and like it very much indeed .
Regards
Adrian 8-)
ScuL81

#7 Post by ScuL81 » 26 Jan 2014 00:21

There shouldn't be any clashes judging by what I'm looking at
The only criticism I have is that the 30/60 mph signs are the size of an elephant now?
Apart from that nice work :)
ProMods ETS2 mod - Official ProMods website www.promods.net
adrian007

#8 Post by adrian007 » 26 Jan 2014 00:43

That's to allow us old folk to see them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards
Adrian 8-)
philbean

#9 Post by philbean » 26 Jan 2014 01:16

ScuL81 wrote:There shouldn't be any clashes judging by what I'm looking at
The only criticism I have is that the 30/60 mph signs are the size of an elephant now?
Apart from that nice work :)
LOL
Thats the ohaha large speed signs mod. If you don't have it installed, the speed signs will be normal sized.

Return to “Others”