SCS General Discussion Thread

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
Mohegan13
Beta tester

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#49181 Post by Mohegan13 » 01 Aug 2020 09:41

flight50 wrote:
01 Aug 2020 08:44
is it possible to become affiliated with STG like Tobii, Thrustmaster.
Remember when they did that blog post about CSIO. Look how that turned out.

Personally I think it would be best if SCS avoid affiliation with individuals.
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
But on my tombstone when I go, just put 'death by rock and roll'.

gandalf7472000

#49182 Post by gandalf7472000 » 01 Aug 2020 09:56

That's great. I use an ALMAR SKRS Scania shifter both for ATS and ETS2.

It would be nice to have an Eaton shifter to use specifically with classic American trucks. I will place my order as soon as I return from my vacation :D
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan

flight50

#49183 Post by flight50 » 01 Aug 2020 15:51

I agree that things can go South but that can happen with anyone. Look how things went South with Volvo and Daimler for ATS. Yet SCS was persistent. Size of company shouldn't matter. Everyone deserves a shot in my opinion. You never know unless you try. I am seeing several complaints about Tobii yet I am not aware of SCS dropping them. STG has one niche of products..........trucking peripherals so he can manage. He has managed this well just doing it part time for 13 months and hasn't stopped or stolen anyone's money like CSIO and TA. Luckily I got my money back from CSIO but many haven't. SCS needs more presence in North America however that can happen to help push ATS. Squirrel got me into Track IR. That got me into a Mega Shifter, then a controller box, upgraded graphic's card, better headphones.....these add on's are immersive and I played and supported SCS games a lot more now. I have been much more loyal because of the level of immersion I now get. Because of this immersion, I have found myself much much more active in this community as well because I care about what SCS is doing and the potential SCS has in North America. ETS2 is well established in Europe and globally but we can't say that about ATS currently. People play more and support more if they see more support put behind it.

SCS jumped on board way to early with CSIO. They weren't even established. SCS should have did more screening or been more cautious. STG has facebook reviews, youtube reviews, reviews on here for a lengthier period of time. He is much more qualified to be affiliated than any of those others were. His products may not be for everyone but for those wanting this level of realism, its available. CSIO had no reviews behind it as it only had a kick starter. People's shifters broke down fast and they were left stranded. With each shifter builder, the quality gets better as they become more knowledgeable. STG has committed himself to making a living for it. If I was SCS, follow him for a few weeks, months or whatever. But if his product can get more people buying SCS games, its worth mentioning to people if you ask me. More streamers and simmers get others involved in support the games. When things go South, all a company has to do is stop the association. Its part of business and it happens, nature of the beast. Come back and pull the product and don't endorse it at that point. I doubt shifters have any affect on SCS sales. Big or small company though....anything can happen. I wouldn't be so quick to judge STG though. If SCS wanted to see what STG was about before endorsing, buy some of his products to use for themselves to test it out. I am sure SCS did not do that for CSIO. Or if they did, they didn't give it a 3,6 or 12 month testing period before endorsing.

Bocaj

#49184 Post by Bocaj » 02 Aug 2020 08:54

Are you his friend? Pretty lenghty sales pitch for a guy or products you dont Know?! I still wonder what make This “Company” more reliable than the rest that has tried? and SCS has to endorse it why?
if ge has good products and support he Will make a good business, if not, then put in pile With the rest that tried.

gandalf7472000

#49185 Post by gandalf7472000 » 02 Aug 2020 11:06

I watched a few of his videos and read the reviews of his product. He looks like a decent guy that tries to make a living out of it, I don't see why it is bad to give him some support?

I intent to buy one. I will probably place my order in the next two weeks.
Last edited by gandalf7472000 on 02 Aug 2020 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan

xXCARL1992Xx

#49186 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Aug 2020 11:10

the problem is that he is one person, he can just go under if it gets to hot but SCS cant, so ofc SCS will get all the flak then because they associated with him, this is why commercial companys never should associate with individuals because the risk is to high
| !!!NO SUPPORT OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

gandalf7472000

#49187 Post by gandalf7472000 » 02 Aug 2020 11:18

Somehow I knew the first answer will be from you@xXCARL1992Xx :D

I understand the reason’s why is difficult to get support from scs for his product and sure we are not the ones to decide that. But unlike scio he has proven him self by delivering a good product “read the reviews” and doing it part time until now.

Carl Sagan

xXCARL1992Xx

#49188 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Aug 2020 11:21

he can have as much "good reviews" as he wants, it doesnt change the fact that nobody knows what will happen in the future, and if it happens he can just go and never appear again, also nobody should rely on "good reviews" only, this is the most stupid think you can do in this day an age
| !!!NO SUPPORT OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

gandalf7472000

#49189 Post by gandalf7472000 » 02 Aug 2020 11:34

Agree nobody knows what will happen in the future.

Yes when i read reviews of big company products I don’t give match attention most of the times are lies or paid.
In this case is one person and the reviews are from people that bought the product.

Carl Sagan

Some newbie driver

#49190 Post by Some newbie driver » 02 Aug 2020 11:34

Let's imagine that guy does it everything right, that he delivers an outstanding quality work and customer support. At the end, it doesn't matter. With the times as they are now, nothing avoids him taking the damn coronavirus and stay completely out of business for months (if not something worse) and their customers unable to know absolutely nothing (if there's a good reason for him to not respond or if he just take the money and ran). And who's going people to blame? To SCS of course, because people are how are and SCS was who "showcased" that person; even if there's no fault in what SCS would had done.

And considering the precedents of other times, SCS isn't going to risk to be the target of people's complains on those subjects.

Regards

Return to “SCS Site”