SCS General Discussion Thread

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
gandalf7472000

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#49191 Post by gandalf7472000 » 02 Aug 2020 11:47

As It was said nobody knows the future. Thinking like this, by imagining the bad think, and not acting nobody ever moved forward in life
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan

xXCARL1992Xx

#49192 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Aug 2020 11:52

may be true for you but can end deadly for a company to take a risk they can activly avoid, especially if they already had something like this, kind of
| !!!NO SUPPORT OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

gandalf7472000

#49193 Post by gandalf7472000 » 02 Aug 2020 12:37

Risky decisions taken by companies every day. Some win and get rich some loose and file for bankruptcy.

I don’t think they will do it any way, support one individual, is just a discussion. But deadly if they do? I don’t think so.

From the other hand, they actively support Tobii. I was thinking about it and When my brother bought one, I went to his house and tested it.
I gave it an hour and I said nope, I will stay with my track ir it is 100 times better.
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan

xXCARL1992Xx

#49194 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Aug 2020 12:45

yeah but Tobii is a company and not an individual person, if something happens to them they have to see how to handle it they cant just "disappear" without repercussions from the Swedish govt (didnt know they are from Sweden :shock: )
| !!!NO SUPPORT OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

Lombra

#49195 Post by Lombra » 02 Aug 2020 13:11

gandalf7472000 wrote:
02 Aug 2020 12:37
Risky decisions taken by companies every day. Some win and get rich some loose and file for bankruptcy.
What is there really for SCS to win in this scenario, though?

flight50

#49196 Post by flight50 » 02 Aug 2020 13:25

A company is a company. Size doesn't matter. If SCS markets them its still that particular company. Whether they endorse for one employee or they endorse for 1,000 employees. You roll the dice either way. If people wanted to blame SCS for anything, that's out of pure ignorance. SCS is not making the product, they only mention it. It's not going to hurt SCS. No one is blaming SCS for Tobii. In all the years I have been on here, I haven't come across people blaming SCS for CSIO. Not saying it doesn't exist but I don't hear SCS being bashed about it. SCS makes video games, not peripherals and everyone knows that. But yeah, I expect a few negative opinions on the matter. The typical suspects that is negative about everything and argues everything.

In regards to covid, sure anyone can get it. You also don't pass right away nor does everyone pass away from it so what make you think that this one individual can't let his customers know what's going on. He is not CSIO nor TA. You can't assume everyone is the same, that's prejudice. All it takes is a global email for info on his website. If someone has chosen to quit their job to make a living based off a video game by producing a peripherals, that is a guy I'd want to associate with to help my product. Mentioning STG in a blog or stream is no more harmful that Tobii. We know out the gate STG works and has a track record. Tobii, not so much. It came out of nowhere. I haven't even noticed SCS even using Tobii on stream anymore or talking about it. When they pan.........its not Tobii. Tobii is a head tracker and their streams are not tracking. They use binded keys.

@Lombra Win? Its not about winning. Its about exposure. STG gets exposed. SCS get expose for having a great game. Exposure spreads for both SCS and STG. The market for ATS is not very large here in the US at all. The more exposure helps both. You guys that primarily play ETS2 get exposure to ETS2 all across Europe. That support doesn't happen for ATS in North America. If STG can help spread the word about ATS just that much more, why not at least mention STG. He streams, he has social media. Nobody is saying SCS needs to put STG on their website.
Last edited by flight50 on 02 Aug 2020 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

Bocaj

#49197 Post by Bocaj » 02 Aug 2020 15:17

It’s not only about exposure, a Company has Also have to get a gain out of do an endorsement, thats how business works, if SCS not gain anything then why should they Take a risk of reputation. And i dont really see how This would actually get more exposure to Them? I am sure they Can get more exposure Them selves rather than tie that up on one random person!

Madkine

#49198 Post by Madkine » 03 Aug 2020 02:17

flight50 wrote:
02 Aug 2020 13:25
A company is a company. Size doesn't matter.

He is not CSIO nor TA. You can't assume everyone is the same, that's prejudice.
A) Of course size matters. We don't know the details of the Tobii agreement, for all we know they paid SCS.
B) It's not prejudice, it's using experience to predict an outcome. At this point we've had 2 individuals make shifters and both went silent. I'd think poorly of SCS if they linked with the new guy without him first proving he can survive. (Say, maybe a year with it is as his full time job.)
C) At this point you sound like you are being paid to spruik him and are possibly hurting him more than helping at the moment.

flight50

#49199 Post by flight50 » 03 Aug 2020 06:18

@Madkine You're real cute dude. No I am not being paid what so ever. As a person that has gotten cheated by CSIO but got thru with TA and still have a very reliable shifter going on 2+ years, I've invested my time and dollars in this product. I will be eventually upgrading my 100% functioning Mega Shifter to a STG one because its better quality as many other have. I've dealt with all three of these companies. Can you say you attempted to invest your money in either or even gave either a though? I understand the frustration people have gone thru. Look at my signature for the warnings. I stand for helping people getting ripped off.

I am an advocate and just trying to help people go in the right direction from the start if they want a shifter. Most people find out too late about CSIO and TA. At the same time, STG can spread awareness for ATS in the US. STG wanted to build a rig for GATS. Look at his rig, I am sure you haven't or even acknowledge that I provided that info. You telling me that won't help SCS in the US? You probably don't even know what GATS is but SCS does. I've meet them there and I've seen the potential that a rig can do. You speak on experience, I can clearly see from experience that STG is not like the other 2. He has managed very well part time which is even harder. So you want him to have 1 year of part-time and 1 year of full time....to prove to you....somebody that more than likely won't buy anyways. Come on now. You want more experience...I held a partime for almost ten years along side my full time engineer job working at Home Depot for extra cash. Those last 4 years, I worked 7 days a week. Same as STG. So I know exactly how much harder is to juggle weekends to make extra money part time. Its a lot harder and rougher on your body than being full time dedicated to one thing.

But you use the term we as if you speak for SCS or you are an employee of SCS. You also probably didn't read all the comments on the matter I mentioned. I even said for SCS to follow him for awhile, but I am sure you didn't see that part or ignored that part.

gandalf7472000

#49200 Post by gandalf7472000 » 03 Aug 2020 07:18

@flight50 When I was looking to buy a shifer 2 years ago, I was considering the CSIO. And then I saw your signature " I was new at the games and ocasionaly checked the forum as a guest". At the end got the ALMAR skrs scania good for the europian classics but not the americans.

I reed the reviews and because as it seems, we agree on many subjects I will take your word again and buy the STG one.

Carl Sagan

Return to “SCS Site”