abasstreppas screenshots

abasstreppas

Re: abasstreppas screenshots

#8071 Post by abasstreppas » 14 Jun 2022 22:05

Mercedes tag axle hubs, old version and the newer version. I think this a bit brighter grey-ish stock color is more accurate than the one I posted yesterday :)

[ external image ]
Csabee

#8072 Post by Csabee » 14 Jun 2022 22:16

Looking really good! ;)
Arnook

#8073 Post by Arnook » 15 Jun 2022 05:41

Awesome !
abasstreppas

#8074 Post by abasstreppas » 15 Jun 2022 20:59

Thanks guys :D

Here are all Mercedes hubs in one picture. It was hard to do the drum brake front hub, number three from left, and I'm not 100% satisfied with the result. It's hard to try to get a 3D proportions out of 2D pictures :roll: Anyway, today I'm ambivalent again about the stock colour. The grey-ish looks best on the older hubs and the darker grey looks better on the more recent hubs. Maybe I'll just add both versions. There is also an older look on the drum brake hub which uses the "star-cap" and I think the hub itself looks somewhat similar as the one I've already made, so maybe I'll add that one later ;)

Click the picture to zoom in
[ external image ]
Polarlicht

#8075 Post by Polarlicht » 15 Jun 2022 21:11

Awesome work as always🤯
Even if its not 100% for you, for us it is.
Think of it this way: 100% can only be the hub or wheel or whatever in real life!!. It will never be more than 99,99% ingame 😉
abasstreppas

#8076 Post by abasstreppas » 16 Jun 2022 13:37

Volvo front hubs and what I understand from the pictures @Dotec posted earlier the right hub is the newest. I just have to make the chrome version without logo to be usable for the Renault. Or maybe I just put a Renault logo on that version. The Volvo front hub is very clean in design so there isn't much to do for customisation ;)

[ external image ]

I start to get quite sick of making hubs :lol: . Luckily there's only the Volvo rear hub(s) left to do. All of them, old drive, new drive and tag hub are all the same except the cap (cover). I wont do those "aero" plastic hub covers yet as I wait for better reference pics ;)
abasstreppas

#8077 Post by abasstreppas » 16 Jun 2022 22:40

Here are some of the covers:
[ external image ]

The regular "branded" covers will come in chrome, shiny paint (as in the pictire) and matte paint. The MAN cover will only have the stock look as in the picture. The Renault cover, bottom left, will come in stock (as in the picture), shiny paint and matte paint. The Renault "Alcoa" hub cover will come as in the pic. There are also two types of protection rings and they all come as standard steel, chrome, shiny paint and matte paint
abasstreppas

#8078 Post by abasstreppas » 17 Jun 2022 23:30

Volvo drive hubs. It was a tough nut to crack, probably took me 7-8 hours to make. Thanks to Ogentor who gave me some nice photos,in where he also used a measuring tape, perfect for reference. The tag hub and an older version of the drive hub is still left to do. Not much work though as there is only the cap that differs. ;)

[ external image ]
Polarlicht

#8079 Post by Polarlicht » 18 Jun 2022 03:53

Oh wow :shock: Can't wait for all the textures and skins people come up with, with this pack. How the nuts and threads are painted... :shock:

Will this pack be finished after the hubs?
Sorry for asking all the time! Feeling really confident right now, that this time it is actually happening, with all the awesome stuff progress you are posting :?
abasstreppas

#8080 Post by abasstreppas » 18 Jun 2022 11:28

This is just the modelling, next is to adjust the position, then I have to copy each one to add the left hub. Not that much of a hassle, but there are many hubs. Then it's the paperwork. All def-files and icons. Luckily most of the "paperwork" are done for the covers and nuts already.

Then we have the rims. All models are already done, it's just about "normalise" all the material (shader) settings, as some rims are done later with adjustments done for the game lighting at that particular time (I think SCS are quite set with the new lighting now). The Alcoas are still a bit worrying. Maybe I'll skip some versions (looks) for the first release and just keep the polished and standard ones. The painted ones are ok, so no problems with those. Icons and def-files must be produced for rims too.

Then it's crash testing in game, by clicking every icon to check for typos in the def files. After that it's beta testing. Even though I'm very picky doing stuff, even I make mistakes. Even the sun has its spots :P

Return to “Screenshots”