Introduce Yourself

Penqvino

Re: Introduce Yourself

#251 Post by Penqvino » 06 Sep 2019 17:49

Hi

Name is Andreas and I'm from the most beautiful part of Germany, being born in Greifswald close to the baltic sea and living in Neubrandenburg just east of the Mecklenburg Lakes. Working in logisitics but not as a driver.
Bigfilmguy

#252 Post by Bigfilmguy » 26 Sep 2019 18:41

Hi all,

I'm Craig, from Wiltshire in the UK. I haven't got the game yet as I'm ordering a PC next week, which will my first in 12 years and my first gaming PC. I've wanted to play the game since it first came out, but it's only with my son needing a computer for school work that I have finally convinced my wife we need a gaming PC!

Looking forward to truckin' away for ages to come.
Georg Haeder

#253 Post by Georg Haeder » 27 Sep 2019 08:02

Hi there, I'm Georg and I'm 54 and I live in Augsburg, Germany.
umri20

#254 Post by umri20 » 27 Sep 2019 12:50

Umri from Israel/Palestine
Almost 24yo
*Graphic Designer
*Practical Mechanical Vehicle Engineering
*Practical Industrial and Management Engineering
*Amateur modder :D
MateuszSGE

#255 Post by MateuszSGE » 06 Oct 2019 11:38

Hi guys,
my name is Mateusz, I'm 26 years old. Originally from Poland, I have been living in Germany for 13 years near Frankfurt am Main. Work as a truck mechanic at the Frankfurt airport.
Rockeropasiempre

#256 Post by Rockeropasiempre » 27 Oct 2019 23:57

Sorry for the translation, but English is not my native language.

Hello everyone. I registered for a long time in the forum, and I don't know if I got to introduce myself, that's why I want to do it. Some may ring my nickname. I am Rocker forever and I am not a child anymore (unfortunately) and I am 48 years old. I discovered Euro Truck Simulator in the year 2007-2008 I think I remember, and it was by chance on YouTube. I started playing it for days and nights. After a while, I began to discover that improvements could be made through the mods, and curious people like me, end up starting to investigate. From now on you will start to see me much more in this forum. By the way, I am Spanish, and also a moderator of a forum in my country, but unfortunately, users are less and less interested in the simulator. I've been visiting all sections of this forum for about 2 weeks. You are a very active community in this game and that is why I have decided to move to your house (if you welcome me of course) and as I say you will see me more times here.

Greetings to all
Soilingcomic

#257 Post by Soilingcomic » 28 Oct 2019 05:41

Your mods rock Rocker! :D
ScaniaNewGen

#258 Post by ScaniaNewGen » 30 Oct 2019 07:53

Hello Guys I am Lilja and I am 17 and german and I like trucks since I was a child. I dont remember the exact time and I know all the components of a Scania V8 Engine. See you later Bye Bye
I am German and sometimes my English is bad. I can be annoying at times. Translators are never right. :geek: :mrgreen: 8-) :ugeek:
Schleimritter

#259 Post by Schleimritter » 07 Dec 2019 21:47

Hello,
I'm Martin, 20 years old (turning 21 soon :)), living in Southern Thuringia, Germany. I currently work as a material tester apprentice.

I've spent more than 1k hours inside the ETS2, since 2013. I've created dozens of profiles in the demo until I've grinded my father's gears long enough, so that he bought me the actual game. Since then I've bought every major DLC and many of the minor ones too. Never regretted a single hour of playtime. GJ, SCS :)
Angela Wittke

#260 Post by Angela Wittke » 21 Dec 2019 15:31

A little other Christmasstory.
I love the simulations from SCS-Software, it gives me a little bit the feeling of peace, just feeling free, what I felt when I was young and had been driving my bike, no one there who told me what I have to do, but always full of concentration – watched the street and traffic … now I have this feeling with the game I was waiting for - fantastic.
I was starting with ETS2 in 2015 - (and later with ATS) and like everyone else, I was playing, testing, researching and with a big interesting on who is behind this game, who made it.
Well, my first impression of SCS-Software? „OMG, how modest they are?!“ I realized that SCS know exactly what they're doing, knows the limits of the game and not enough with that, because they have built their own game engine too. „Wow!“
After 2 years of playin this game, I startet to interested in the community as well in my country, Germany. Did the other fans have answers of their questions? I was a little disappointed, because you can find a lot of groups, especially on Facebook, but no answer of a lot of question, too much are just "more appearance than substance".
And yes, now I know why ;-) It isn't easy to act as leader in a group. To work for the translation blog (https://germanscsfans.blogspot.com/) is more grateful and much easier, and helpful for the community in Germany, and also here with my modest contribution for the community, in this point, SCS functioned as models for me all the time.
Since 3 Yeahrs now and slowly but surely, it works better and better, even if actually new fans are added every single day (… because you are too good). FB: „Euro Truck Simulator 2 Fan's (Germany)“ over 5.600 members right now. My credo is: „Information are important, everyone can form their own opinion“ and „Just trust SCS-Software“. I get on very well with this credo.
I teaching myself to read and understand the game.log entries, because the correct handling with modifications is incredibly difficult for most of the young people or newcomers. Most fans goes online if they have problems and for this people, thinking that writing is faster than searching. But we also have regular guests who are there every day, post nice pictures and enjoying the “likes”. And I like the community – it is so important – everywhere. I admire people like Squirrel or Promizo, but unfortunately in my case I can't fulfill this kind of work for the community, Not with my computer, not after my accident years ago, I'm not a person for public relations :-).
But I like to remain as an informator for the german community. Translate and helping. I love to do that and this because SCS-Software is a fantastic company with so many proficient artists and a wonderful Idee of simulations.
I wish all the fans and SCS Software a wonderful Christmastime, health and happiness and a happy New Year.

Your Angelwingking / Angela Wittke.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”