Introduce Yourself

PiotrGT

Re: Introduce Yourself

#261 Post by PiotrGT » 06 Feb 2020 01:01

Hello fellow truckers! My name is Piotr, I was born in '96 and I'm from Poland. I've been playing truck games when I was a kid. (though I was mostly driving around the map for no reason back then lol) I returned to trucks when I started playing ETS2 on my not very powerful laptop (basically medium-low settings at around 30fps and 720p) around 2016 or so but didn't play much. I got Going East and then Scandinavia (the latter from G2A, didn't realise they were risky but it still works so maybe the seller was legit) at that time. Finally last year I got a decent PC (1660ti and I5 9400F) and I fell in love with ETS2 all over again. I slowly got the remaining DLC and even full ATS. I love these games. I found that not much can relax and immerse me as much as virtual trucking. The fun of getting cool maps and trucks, driving through beautiful roads or cities, listening to radio... I could go on and on. I also play on a gamepad, strange to some but with the right settings it's almost as enjoyable as on a wheel (I got myself a wheel not too long ago but I'm often to lazy to set it up, especially for short sessions lol). Other than trucking, I also enjoy racing games and I'm a Disney fan. :) It's great to be here! :D
SamNeedham123

#262 Post by SamNeedham123 » 15 Apr 2020 09:59

Hi,

I'm Sam, I was born in 1999, am 20 years old and from Louth, England. Yes, a couple of people may remember me from other forums in around 2008-2010, I'm the same person! :lol:

All of these years, I have kept in the background but finally decided to become more active within the community again. I must say, there has been some absolutely spectacular mods created for ETS2 over the last 8 years. In recent years, I've been generally in the OMSI community and creating a great community there. By trade, I originally was a designer at a small company for over 2 years, mostly working in online learning. Recently, I started at a much larger company in a learning consultancy role. Thankfully, there's still a lot of design, which I love! I have very recently started to try and get my head around Blender, with the hope to eventually start being able to create some of my own models, give back to the community. :)

I hope to see y'all around on the forums!
Sam
[ external image ]
The Truck Stop on Discord | Community Member Since 2008
Please be aware, you MUST ask for permission before uploading anything that contains my work. Thank You.
Louella

#263 Post by Louella » 18 Apr 2020 23:28

Hi people :)

My name is Louella, I picked up ETS2 in a recent steam sale, been enjoying it quite a lot. It's a pretty cool game.
easilyconfused

#264 Post by easilyconfused » 19 Apr 2020 22:10

Hi.

My name is John - otherwise known in various circles as Easilyconfused which was and still is my user name at UKTrainSim from way back in 2002. It adequately described me then and still does.

Got introduced to ETS by a good friend of mine who streams it from time to time. From there I went on to get all the map DLC and most of the other DLC with the exception of some paint jobs etc. Then along came ATS and repeat that process. Recently got into the multiplayer and done a lot of that during my 10 days holiday that finishes tonight. Tomorrow back to working at home indefinitely so more ETS / ATS in the evenings.

Not using many mods - only some bits and pieces from Sisl and the telemetry server and dashboards to get a dashboard on my laptop when I am driving on the main PC.
ScaniaMichi72

#265 Post by ScaniaMichi72 » 24 Apr 2020 17:32

I want to introduce myself. I am Michael and I am 48 years old and have a hearing loss. And I wear hearing aids on both ears.
I have been driving ETS2 continuously since 2015 and I follow the development very closely. I am always amazed at how SCS does well with ETS2.
My hobbies are: playing rummy with the deaf, weather, railroad (in real), and a lot more.
I would like to note: Since I do not speak English well, I use Google Translate to translate into English.
Greetings Michl
18 Wheel Eddie

#266 Post by 18 Wheel Eddie » 28 Apr 2020 17:55

Hello everybody,
My name is Eddie and I have been playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 since launch, and ETS(1) before that, and the "18 Wheels of Steel" series before that. along with German Truck Simulator and UK Truck Simulator and Scania Truck Driving Simulator and I'm sure I've missed a couple out. I am trucking mad. I come from a trucking family and have worked in the trucking industry all of my life. My new hobby at the moment is making ETS2 videos. I have only just started and I am really enjoying it and it gives me another fantastic reason to play Euro Truck Simulator 2. I like to play super realistically and I am joining today to hopefully meet like-minded people and to keep up to date with the latest game development and mods.
See you in the forums.
Eddie x :D
Stealth Daemon

#267 Post by Stealth Daemon » 20 Jun 2020 12:15

Hello everyone!😊

My Name is Paul, i´m 28 years old and i´m from Saxony/Germany. i currently work as an Industrial Mechanic at an Beverage company, but i actually like it more to work on Cars.
I´ve been playing ETS2 since 2014 and ATS since the very beginning, they have become one of my favourite Games and i also started using mods a while ago. 😊
Maybe some of you already know me from World of Trucks, i´ve been around there for some time and finally decided to register here on the Forums.

See y´all at the Forums!
-Paul aka Stealth Daemon
Who Dares Wins

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/428337 - my WoT profile
Timoderpcfernfahrer

#268 Post by Timoderpcfernfahrer » 17 Jul 2020 17:44

Hello I am Timo 38 from Lüneburg I am in a wheelchair after a truck accident, because of my accident I had to relearn everything. I still have problems with right-hand rubbing. I hope it is not a problem
I hope to see you
Schrotti

#269 Post by Schrotti » 31 Jul 2020 09:25

Hey,

My name is Philipp, I'm 19 years old and I live in Rhineland-Palatinate in Germany.

I work as a Truck Driver in long distance traffic and my current truck is a 2012 IVECO Stralis with Swap Body Chassis. :)

I've been playing ATS since 2017 and ETS 2 since its Release back in 2012. But in the last couple of months ATS became my favorite. I love the American Oldschool Trucks like the drove around back in the 80s and ATS can somehow bring them to me. :D
In my free time I mostly work on my project car, a Renault 19 from 1994. There's not anything special about this car, but it still is a important piece of my childhood for me. I also occupy myself with the history of the american Railroads, especially the former Santa Fe Railway and other Traffic related things like old american Trucks, the Route 66 or the Railways in the Mojave Desert and around Los Angeles. ( I know I'm obsessed with America like it was these days. :D)
ArifpSHARJAH

#270 Post by ArifpSHARJAH » 22 Oct 2020 15:11

Hello!

My Name is Arif, I'm 20, and I'm from Sharjah City, Emirate of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.

I'm a truck driver in Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator.

I've been playing ETS2 since March 2020 and ATS since July 2020. My current truck is Mercedes-Benz Actros 2009 and Scania T.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”