right now it’s my main hobby
Zotac

Re: Introduce Yourself

#272 Post by Zotac » 01 Mar 2021 12:59

Hi my name is Zotac from Brazil..cheers
JolliciousJosh

#273 Post by JolliciousJosh » 01 May 2021 16:44

Hi, guys! I'm gonna introduce myself to all of you.
My name is Josh, 25 years of age, rising from Cebu City (in the Philippines).

My hobby expertises are drawing land transport vehicles traditionally (e.g. cars, SUVs, crossovers, vans, mini and regular buses and trucks), moblie photography (currently limited in outdoors) and at the same time, virtual trucking (since at the start of November, 2020).
Virtual trucking is now my habit nowadays after I watched a couple of ETS2 POVs in YouTube (way back before sometime in 2Q of 2018), to learn how I maneuver the trailer when loading and unloading the cargo, the use of retarders and other stuff, and finally, I learn the reversing of trailer before the end of 2020.

My trucks used in ETS2 (in my different profiles, all in 4x2 chassis configuration):
Profile A: Scania 450S and 520S, Volvo FH4 460 E6, MB Actros MP4 1845, Renault T Evolution (in Comfort 430 and High 440), DAF XF 106 410 and Iveco Stralis (Hi-Way) 420. (all in default SCS trucks)
Profile B: Scania R 4-Series 260 (truck mod by LoaderSaints downloaded from Steam Workshop, MB Actros MP4 (in 1827, as I used Galimim's Drivetrain Revision and 1845 for the default SCS truck), and I got a new Renault Range T Evo High 440.

Cheers, everyone, and:
Happy virtual trucking!
szayel89

#274 Post by szayel89 » 15 Dec 2021 02:42

Hello everyone. I introduce myself to everyone. My name is Ernesto, I am from Peru and I live in the capital Lima. I am a virtual truck driver since 2012, when ETS2 was released. I am an archaeologist by profession. I like to travel and get to know new customs and people. On the other hand, I am dedicated to running, it is a sport that I have been practicing for about 2 years and it has helped me a lot to manage stress.

Greetings to all 😃👋
Virtual trucker since the launch of ETS 2.🇵🇪

My WoT profile
Digital X

#275 Post by Digital X » 17 Dec 2021 02:42

Hello! I'm 31 from the UK. Started gaming a Commodore 16 in my early years. Have not worked in about 10 years due to being ill, so my times is occupied by games now :)
vincent123456789016

#276 Post by vincent123456789016 » 26 Dec 2021 18:42

I am a 18 year old dutch guy who loves truck sim with a load of mods (i have a ets2 save with more then 130 mods), at the time of writing this i have 1491 hours in ets2 and 100 in ats (which i only really started playing a few months ago and have allready bricked a save).

You might see me around the mod sections for both games while looking for yet even more mods
A Dutch trucksim player that is always looking for more mods to break his game with :lol:.
Languages I speak:
Dutch
English
Sevandres

#277 Post by Sevandres » 16 Jan 2022 17:56

Hey folks! My name is Sevandres, or Sev, for short. I'm a young man born in March of 1995 who lives in the North-East corner of the U.S. of A. I am, and have always been, highly passionate about trucking. I started playing Trucking Sims when I was very young, starting with 18 Wheels of Steel: Across America. As SCS continued to release their games, I continued to beg my Dad to buy me their latest release. During my childhood, I was able to collect Across America, PttM, Convoy, Haulin', and American Long Haul, all on CD, and I still have them to this day. This was all thanks to my Dad caving in to the persistence of a kid barely into puberty. :lol: Unbeknownst to him, he would be sowing the seeds of what my future was to be. As you can imagine, this resulted in me developing a child-hood dream of Trucking as a career.

A career which I would start in the summer of 2016, and one I am still involved in to this day! Right now I am now a tri-axle dump truck driver for an excavation company local to my location. I spent my first three years of my career driving and hauling freight across the lower 48 before opting to get off the road to save my youth and enjoy more time at home near friends and family. I still enjoy playing American Truck Simulator in my off time, with over 800 hours logged into ATS on Steam alone. While I do miss being an over the road driver, traveling the country and what not, American Truck Sim gives me a unique way to travel the country and relive that part of my life within the comfort of my own home. With each state DLC that releases, I've always found I really enjoy revisiting points that I have driven to in the real world and see just how accurate SCS was able to represent them in the game, and every time, I am thoroughly impressed! That alone makes American Truck Simulator special to me.

Those who have met and know me have asked often how I can stand to play a trucking sim on top of being a trucker in real life. Well, as the old saying goes, if you love what you do, you will never have to work a day in your life! :D

Outside of trucking, my other hobbies include Singing, Biking (Motorcycle), Twisty Puzzles, and DnD. Some other games that I enjoy outside of ATS are Elite Dangerous, World of Warcraft, World of Warships, and a plethora of indie puzzle games here and there. Suffice it to say, I am a young man who likes to keeps busy!
Last edited by Sevandres on 16 Aug 2023 00:45, edited 1 time in total.
Who's Sev, you might ask? Find out here!
Ch_R0me

#278 Post by Ch_R0me » 02 Feb 2022 21:58

Greetings everybody.

My name is Jakub, 29-years old from Lębork, Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland.

I'm with Asperger Syndrome (or high functioning autism, if you want).

I'm trucking since I was a kid, playing 18 Wheels of Steel, and recently I've bought ETS2 (year ago), and then, recently, ATS. I've wanted to drive around with company of the friends, from one other game about spaceships. :lol:
Personal Truck Wishlist:

ETS2: Ford F-Max or SISU Polar or M-B Actros 5 (2019);
ATS: KW W990 or Intl' HX 520/620 or WS 4900.
Humusk1

#279 Post by Humusk1 » 11 Feb 2022 12:41

I'm Gabriel, I'm from Oregon, USA. My brother introduced me to ETS2 and I love it. I'm glad to see that there is a vibrant community and hope to find answers.
David Paterson

#280 Post by David Paterson » 07 Apr 2022 00:42

G'day from Australia. I'm 52 years old and I've been mad about trucks and race cars my whole life. My Dad drove semi trailers on line haul and loved it, his Dad drove Road Trains in the Northern Territory in the 1950s. I'm the fourth generation of my family to work in transport, but I drive a desk. Dad reckons I'm the smart one. :)

My first love is Touring Car racing and I've restored two AE86 Toyota genuine Group A Touring cars, both cars have raced in the Bathurst 1000 & ATCC. I've never driven a truck professionally, but four years ago I bought a 2001 Isuzu FRR 500 4x2 pantech to carry the cars to the race track. Australia is a very big place and the major cities and race tracks are far apart. I do up to 6,000 miles/10,000 km annually, just going to the races.

I've played car racing sims since Geoff Crammond's Micro Prose GP in the early '90s, but I am very new to truck sims. At the 2021 Brisbane Truck Show, there was a stand set-up where people could try ETS2; I was instantly hooked and downloaded it as soon as I got home. Curiously, I find truck sims far more addictive than car racing sims, I don't know why that is...

I love the community here and the willingness of experienced guys to help us newbies. I tried to stay vanilla, because I'm not very technical, but mods are addictive; just one taste and you want more. I especially like classic/old truck, real company/trailer skin and realistic sound mods.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”