Introduce Yourself

amsterDAN

Re: Introduce Yourself

#241 Post by amsterDAN » 27 Nov 2018 00:19

Hey everybody, the name's Dan and I'm 33 years old, currently living in Idaho in the United States (which I hope to see in ATS someday soon!) and begrudgingly working as a waiter, though I am also a darn good audio engineer and house painter. I have a beautiful wife, a goofy one-year old daughter, another daughter on the way, and one of the stupidest dogs you've ever seen in your life. I'm a dual citizen of the USA and The Netherlands, and was born in California, then moved to Holland in my teens for high school and college. For whatever weird reason, I then spent much of the next decade in Alaska. I've also lived in Oregon, Washington, and Louisiana in the US, and briefly in Oslo, Norway, and Tours, France. I move a lot, more often than not to my chagrin.

I only just bought ETS2 earlier this week, though I definitely logged a couple hundred hours in the original Euro Truck some time ago. Reading the above, you probably know why I like ETS2 and ATS: I get to drive trucks around all the places I ordinarily drive cars around!

On the day before Steam's autumn sale I played the demo of ETS2, which thoroughly convinced me in a matter of moments. On the first day, I bought the game and swore I would not allow myself to buy more than one piece of DLC, being a bit tight-budgeted and all. Day two I bought Scandinavia. Hardly slept that night. Day three, I said to hell with it and bought the whole map booster bundle. And now a few days later I have all the cargo DLC too, as well as the Dutch paint job pack, and my wallet is simply burning a hole in my back pocket about all this Baltic business! Well played, SCS, you evil geniuses.

Other games I enjoy playing are Crusader Kings 2 (maybe I'm just addicted to DLC), Out of the Park Baseball, and Fire Pro Wrestling World. I also like to write, read, watch documentaries, play guitar and drums, and skateboard. I am a lifelong, absolutely diehard fan of the Oakland A's.

I look forward to participating in this community, you seem like a pleasant bunch. Plus it's always nice to find a game where I can still be one of the younger guys in the community! :P
Soilingcomic

#242 Post by Soilingcomic » 27 Nov 2018 07:08

That was an awesome introduction! Welcome! 8-)
dolanus

#243 Post by dolanus » 10 Dec 2018 21:29

I'm George, 25, from the Philippines. I played Bus Driver and ETS 1, but currently playing ETS 2 and ATS. I came here to the forum because I follow the truck mods (like XBS's trucks) and I want to make my own mods (e.g. making an Isuzu 810 for ETS 2, someday).

My like of trucks (and trucksims) came from my uncle (he drove trucks in Saudi Arabia and told stories about his life there, e.g. cooking an egg in the Saudi heat or whatnot) and seeing trucks when I went to the provinces (e.g. Isuzus or Fusos).

Currently I am watching this TV series called Auf Achse (even if I don't speak or understand a lot of German), and I write fanfiction based situations found on both Auf Achse and ETS 2 (the characters/universe aren't ETS 2/Auf Achse though).

My first SCS game was Bus Driver (2007-2010), followed by ETS 1 (2008-10). I tried other trucking games (e.g. Hard Truck 2: King of the Road or the Big Mutha Truckers in GBA Emulator), but I like ETS-series more.
I stopped playing ETS 1 (I forgot why), but I decided to play ETS 2 back in 2015 (because it helps me relax in general + my sister recommended me that game).

What made me like trucksims?
1. They help you relax and concentrate. Also related, I want to be in a truck.
2. You drive and go to places you might never go to (even if it is fictionalized versions of areas). Related to that, I like exploring while "working".
3. You get to find out trucks you previously never heard of (e.g. XBS's Volvo F8x, SISU and the upcoming DAF F241, MADster's ROMAN, F12-series).
4. Also, they're open-world based.

Trucks I like: Old-looking trucks that are 3-axled, 6x4 or 6x6 + sleeper/s, usually from Europe (MAN F8, Volvo F12, Mercedes NG, RABA S.26), USSR/Russia/Belarus/Ukraine (e.g. KAMAZ 5410, MAZ 6422 or the Ural 44202-0511) and/or Japan (Isuzu 810 or the Fuso The Great).

Other games I have on the PC: GTA:SA, 3 and GTA: Advance; Neverwinter Nights, Ridge Racer(emu), FF7: Crisis Core (emu), Generals: RoTR.
Greg78

#244 Post by Greg78 » 16 Jan 2019 16:41

Hello truckers! I'm Greg, 39 years old (fresh 39...so far from my 40 :p ), from France!
I've discovered ETS2 when it was lauchend, but hadn't played till July 2018...(was a console player, so, no ETS on console...) and...decided to buy a good PC to play the game that made me discover "sim" games...FS...So, after starting playing FS on PC...tried ETS2 demo..and wooow, loved it !!

When i was a kid, 2 brothers of good friends drove their trucks...A Scania 113m and a Volvo F12 Globetrotter (mk2)...and, in my town there was a truck company "100% scania"...so I've seen a lot of 3 series, streamline, 4 series and so...A big fan of Volvo and Scania from the 90's and after !! (a little less fan of other brands...)

When i see the mods some of you modders give us for free here, waow!! Great job!!

Good trucking to all of you guys (and girls !!)
French virtual trucker - Great fan of Scania, and also fan of 90's/2000 "classic"trucks
Finaly enjoying ATS as much as ETS2

Starting from "zero" again in 1.49...
MBH

#245 Post by MBH » 14 Jun 2019 10:37

Hey im New here my name's Matt Phillips im 20 and im from the south of England I've been playing scs sim games for a long while. I've loved cars and trucks all my life .mostly any road vehicle
I love ialso love horses and work with them and own 2 i know strange combo
I play pc and Xbox and love to do virtual car/truck photography
Crockett

#246 Post by Crockett » 16 Jun 2019 03:45

Well hello there!
I am Dave, I am 49 years old from Darwen in Lancashire. Some of you may remember me from my nodding days when I was a mapper and model creator. I used to have my own forum and I have decided to see if I can create a new map for ets2...maybe an updated version of my "shindig" map. Oh well, see you around...Take care.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you!
I say what I mean and I mean what I say!
Sparks

#247 Post by Sparks » 28 Jun 2019 05:30

Hi guys. My name is David. I live in New York. I just joined the forum. I will be glad to new acquaintances.
killerxy

#248 Post by killerxy » 30 Jun 2019 07:05

Welcome to all new arrivals :D
TMM10

#249 Post by TMM10 » 01 Jul 2019 00:24

Hello, i am UNKNOWN! and i live in UNKNOWN!, Florida. I am between the age of 10-45 years old EXACT AGE IS UNKNOWN! I am currently on a vacation in Knoxville.
dondouglas

#250 Post by dondouglas » 05 Sep 2019 19:41

Hello ! I´m Douglas, from Brazil. Playing ETS2 by one year and a great fan of the SCS work ! Congrats SCS team !

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”