Wishlists Megathread

BeastyBill88

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4421 Post by BeastyBill88 » 28 Oct 2022 23:15

Sorry if this has already been posted about but I would love to see the quick job truck icons updated to also show a preview of both the truck and trailer you're going to be using for the job instead of just showing the truck, would be nice to also see more quick job variety in terms of tuning parts when more become available. Would be good to see the truck/trailer icons for the ETS2 quick jobs as well.
GT182

#4422 Post by GT182 » 03 Nov 2022 00:03

Buickgnx88, welcome to the forums. The maps are a mess from what I see, whether it's a mod or not. Zoom in and you can't see garage locations along with other icons. Someone needs to fix that. Maybe they have been already but seeing I've not updated ATS in while so they might have been fixed already in 1.46 when that is released.

I've come up a couple of others needed that I found in the last few days of running Canada and Alaska.
A highway is needed from Valdez, AK to Whitehorse, BC; because of the next fix needed. There is no icon on the Valdez ferry's deck to return to Everett, WA. I lost 2 great loads that paid very well because of that. Also, a ferry would be useful from Prince Rupert, BC to Valdez, AK. The ones doing the Alaska and Canadian mods might have to work together to get these in-game as a mod. It doesn't make sense to run hundreds of miles out of the way. We wouldn't do it in real life trucking.

And the biggest thing is picking a load and it runs you way out of your way to deliver it. I changed the routing to what I wanted, and the original routing stayed as when I picked the load. Mileage and deliver hours more than doubled. As the GPS routing picked couldn't be changed when new routing I picked was marked out. It used to be you could change routing as you wanted and that was it. The GPS original was gone. I've tried Best and Shortest, but they are now seem the same no matter what.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Trucker_71

#4423 Post by Trucker_71 » 03 Nov 2022 00:25

You can click the mouse to create way points to your destinations.
andresesc

#4424 Post by andresesc » 05 Nov 2022 16:34

Hello, I have a quality of life suggestion I don't know if this it has been suggested already, but it would be cool if you could see the normal map in the job offer place that way you can quickly see if you have been to that destination or if you have already done the route that suggests, instead of seeing the offer the route and then opening the map then returning to the job offer list.
Anyways have a great day/night everyone who sees this post and I'm sorry for my bad English.
:D
nater6540

#4425 Post by nater6540 » 06 Nov 2022 01:08

More styles of intermodal containers in the base game, such as high-cubes (about an extra foot taller than regular containers), flat-racks, and both standard and high-cube open-topped containers? It's a shame that reefer containers would be a pain to implement due to having to design a new trailer to accommodate it or otherwise slightly modify the existing container carrier. :(
Optional Features

#4426 Post by Optional Features » 06 Nov 2022 01:29

nater6540 wrote: 06 Nov 2022 01:08 More styles of intermodal containers in the base game, such as high-cubes (about an extra foot taller than regular containers), flat-racks, and both standard and high-cube open-topped containers? It's a shame that reefer containers would be a pain to implement due to having to design a new trailer to accommodate it or otherwise slightly modify the existing container carrier. :(
I believe the default game has a reefer container: it just doesn't show up for unknown reasons.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1832251301

@GT182 I would like to see a sense of scarcity represented in the dealers. Currently, everything is instant gratification. If the dealer doesn't have what we want on the lot, we should be able to shop around or order from the factory.

But buying a completely spec'd out truck and having it appear out of thin air outside the dealership is quite weird. Why are there trucks parked outside if we can't buy any of them?
Isaiah53six

#4427 Post by Isaiah53six » 08 Nov 2022 02:06

To add more realism it would be neat to be able to flash headlights as AI trucks are passing which IRL signals their trailer is clear of your truck. And If done too soon (before their passed) they could hit you. When done correctly, the AI trucker would flash their lights (includes marker lights) to say "thank you". Would be entirely optional of course.
Bandit & The Snowman

#4428 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 08 Nov 2022 07:40

Yeah, would be good if they reacted to our flashing — but they also should signal us once we’ve passed them!
Isaiah53six

#4429 Post by Isaiah53six » 08 Nov 2022 18:51

Bandit & The Snowman wrote: 08 Nov 2022 07:40 Yeah, would be good if they reacted to our flashing — but they also should signal us once we’ve passed them!
:D very good idea. I had forgot about that too.
byberkay

RIVAL COMPANIES

#4430 Post by byberkay » 10 Nov 2022 19:31

It would nice to see rival companies in game for to increase persistence;

On game menu we would see other companies & drivers income and other details.

Does anyone remember ''King Of The Road'' game? It was using the same game mechanic I mentioned. We were able to check stats of other companies and come across other npc truck drivers on the road...

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”