Wishlists Megathread

GT182

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4311 Post by GT182 » 14 Mar 2022 16:01

Grande jefe, use SiSl's interior mod. You should be able to add the CB radio to them.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Underscore_101_

#4312 Post by Underscore_101_ » 20 Mar 2022 18:05

What I'd love to see in ATS is European style curtain siders, I know they aren't that common in the US, but they are out there.
And with the Drop Deck trailers it would be even nicer.

But what I actually came online for is that, after looking at some of the Texas images from SCS, I wish they changed the colour of the pink cotton bales,..
... I know it's a realistic colour, but it's also a colour very near to the pink we see when there are errors in a mod.
flight50

#4313 Post by flight50 » 20 Mar 2022 20:26

I've seen like 2 curtain siders like like week. There are definitely out there. Either it or sliding targets makes bring new cargo even easier. The same loads a standard flatbed gets, the same for sliding tarp and curtain siders.
akima

#4314 Post by akima » 21 Mar 2022 09:22

Convoy feature request:

Currently players can do their own CB radio moderation by muting any players that are causing them problems by pressing the "Mute" button. My request is that a feature is added to let players do their own collision moderation by pressing a "Disable Collisions" button. This button would be next to the "Mute" button and would disable collisions between your truck/trailer and the selected player's truck/trailer.

Cheers
Seaking

#4315 Post by Seaking » 02 Apr 2022 15:56

What about an alarmclock functionality?

I just came to this as I finished delivery on a saturday afternoon an wanted to give my driver a "weekend off". Found a nice place, took all 3 resting session and ended up ssunday night at 10:30. Not what I intended to do. What about giving the player a choice of either one sleeping period or, if that ain't enough, a wake up at a self defined time like, say, Monday 07:00AM.
halbtollekreatur

#4316 Post by halbtollekreatur » 06 Apr 2022 08:15

Could you add the Fiat Ducato from ETS2 as Ram ProMaster to AI traffic? It's quite common in the US.
Spicer_6x4

#4317 Post by Spicer_6x4 » 08 Apr 2022 05:31

Please modify the behavior of the engine brake so it engages in neutral..... This can help with faster upshifting on hills just as it's done in real life.
lweb3

#4318 Post by lweb3 » 08 Apr 2022 14:32

@Seaking I like that idea for myself and AI drivers as a way to simulate a weekend off.
I've been keeping track of a long list of things I'd like to see implemented or changed.
1 - "pogo sticks" as I call them but I think SCS uses the term bumper poles for the 9900i. It would be nice to have them available for W9 and 389 as well, maybe even with a light on the end
2 - It would be nice to have an option for a roof fairing on the VNL 730
3 - I know it's been requested before but the ability to choose frame lengths independent of day cab/sleeper size
4 - Also been requested before but rear end ratios to be separate from transmission choice
5 - A 4x2 option on W900 and 389
6 - Hopper bottom tarp handle needs to be across the rear of the trailer. Dump trailers have the tarp handle on the side
7 - It would be nice to have a "night mode" when buying trucks or trailers to better see the lights you are buying
8 - Dry van trailer "standard" lights, would be nice to be changed to reflect what you see in the US with just single amber light at top front, turn/marker light bottom middle and red light at bottom rear of trailer as viewed from the side
9 - Wheelbase measurements are incorrect. They should be measured from center of front axle to center of rear 2 axles. If you select a 4x2 in the dealership and take note of measurement then select a 6x4, you can see that the measurement is to the center of the rear axle on the 6x4 instead of between the 2 axles.
Last four I know are nitpicky but they are on my list. If they change great and if not it doesn't affect gameplay at all
Trucker_71

#4319 Post by Trucker_71 » 08 Apr 2022 16:36

@lweb3
1. The term pogo stick is commonly used in reference to as pole that holds up the light and air lines behind the cab. What you 're talking about is the "chicken stick" you don't want to be cruising the truck stop equipped with those, other drivers will think of you as the noobie. For sure don't use the jake brake in a truck stop. :lol:
GT182

#4320 Post by GT182 » 08 Apr 2022 17:47

Yep, as George said. The pogo stick is the pole that the airlines and power cord hang from behind the trailer. Tho not all trucks have the pogo stick. A lot of trucks have glad hands attached to a brace behind the cab to attach them to when they're not hooked to the trailer.

As for the "chicken sticks" on the ends of the front bumper, they do come in handy. I drove for 3 companies that had them on all of their trucks. As many of trucks I saw back in the 70s, 80s and 90s did. I say it's an individual's preference. I've never heard of anyone making fun of them.

I'd still love to see sliding trailer axles in ATS.

At least one side door on some reefers. Tho not all reefer trailers have them. I had loads where I had to get up front to drop off frozen goods that were up front behind a partition. Only because it was frozen and had to be up front where it got the coldest air out of the reefer unit to keep it frozen, and the rest of the load only kept cold and could not be frozen.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”