Wishlists Megathread

Bedavd

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4491 Post by Bedavd » 21 Feb 2023 04:25

I put this in the general discussion thread a few days ago, but I'll copy/paste the idea here since this is the topic it should be in anyways:

One thing that might be cool regarding used trucks as well as the general maintenance of our fleet, would be the game tracking the miles put on the 5 mains parts and requiring preventative maintenance and even total replacements depending on their Average Useful Life.

For instance, we already have wear on tires. There could be similar use wear on the other parts (transmission, engine, cabin, chassis), with servicing done every 10k-20k miles depending on the part. If you don’t service the part, then it’ll be more likely to fail just like when you’re in a collision. Then as total miles are racked up, service will be more expensive/maintenance will only reduce damage to a certain base %. At some point it will be more cost effective to spend a large sum to completely replace a part (mount a new engine), or sell the truck all together. I know the average life of a semi is like 750k miles or more. Depending on playability, this could be moved around.

Cabin wear could go to things like lights/signals burning out and we’d get fined for it. Or the window not rolling down properly. Chassis wear could have the air suspension malfunction or even completely fail at really high wear.

A message could pop up saying “It’s time to maintenance [part], do so at a repair shop or return to your garage and preform it for a reduced price. Failure to maintain your truck risks greater damage to worn parts.

Used trucks would be at a randomized point for all these parts so buying new would still have a major advantage, especially at large scale.

The game already tracks the damage on these parts separately. It would just be adding in the equations for mileage and wear and such. No small task but at least it’s already there. It would also have us spending more on upkeep for our large fleets and make money a bit more of a resource as you grow.

I’m not sure how this would work bumping into the licensing agreements, so this may all be moot. Also I’m sure someone has suggested this before. I’m not caught up on the wishlist threads but I don’t recall seeing this before. Just some thoughts I’ve had about implementing some new gameplay using current systems.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
TexasWhirlwind

#4492 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 25 Feb 2023 14:56

How about a sleeping spot at some of the bigger companies..

Also

Need accessories for the game trucks. Need to add:

single or double exhaust on side of trucks with sleepers

CB radio for cabin of truck, after all we have the CB antennas on them

Need the clutch pedal for the trucks

Need the floor shifters for the truck. Because not all truck are automatics, Whats the use of having a addon shifter kit for your steering wheel if automatic is all you can getting

Need some different interiors instead of the gray, or brown and gray w/wood, need a variety of colored interiors

Need to chose between carpet or vinyl floor
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
AJH194

#4493 Post by AJH194 » 03 Mar 2023 09:25

I've got a few but this is all i can think of at the moment.

Exhaust gases/smoke, I know a few games like Mafia 2 and BeamNG Drive have this.
Mud and dirt with the ability to get it washed off at a truck wash or your garage.
Radial and motion blur
Fuel level on reefer
Potholes and rough roads
Freeze338

#4494 Post by Freeze338 » 04 Mar 2023 07:12

If any developers read that section, for the love of God change speed limit for World of Trucks depending on states or at least make it 70-75mph. As a person who prefer World of Trucks contracts, I just don't want to drive in Texas. I'm hauling a reefer or a dry van yet I look like driving heavy haul with 60-65mph. Everything on the traffic just passes me nearby. And I'm not a driver who likes going fast or something. I follow 5 mph slower on speed limits mostly if it's higher than 70mph.

This game is not Euro Truck Simulator. Not everywhere has the 90kpmh max speed limit.
Vinnie Terranova

#4495 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 04 Mar 2023 10:38

Yeah, this 65 mph speed limit is ridiculous. It's also the one and only reason I rarely use WoT.
flight50

#4496 Post by flight50 » 04 Mar 2023 11:53

Yeah I tend to take more WoT jobs myself the past year or so. I typically set my CC to 60-65 though so doesn't always matter what the max speed is. But I do get caught wayyy to often when I need to overtake an AI vehicle. If I am maxed out at 65mph already and the speed limit for (x) road is actually 75mph, I'm down 10 mph that I can use to overtake. Whether I run of out lanes to over take, whether I am approaching a no pass zone......we can use the extra mph when we are not even hitting the max for a particular road.
harishw8r

#4497 Post by harishw8r » 07 Mar 2023 03:35

[Applicable to both games]

Adding the city intros as a viewpoint in the respective cities would be better. Existing city viewpoints can be merged with the city intros. This would let existing players appreciate the excellent work put behind them.

Alternatively, the custom intros can appear every time the player physically buys a garage.
Zuz

#4498 Post by Zuz » 31 Mar 2023 12:45

I would like to see the traffic brake AFTER they exit the Freeway, not before. Or at least brake less than they are now.

Sometimes, I'm quite a distance from the vehicle in front (Just about see them) and I'm right behind them when they exit.
I_Made_A_Doodie

#4499 Post by I_Made_A_Doodie » 07 Apr 2023 20:54

I'd just like to see DLSS and/or FSR added to the game. Should help the shadows.
ROSZCO

#4500 Post by ROSZCO » 15 Apr 2023 23:25

i was in ETS2 and saw that all Gas/Petrol/fuel for eg and also the cattle trailer can be fully painted instead of just chrome or a stripes pack as in ATS. why cant this be implemented into ATS also? i would love to be able to paint any Gas/Fuel/Petrol and more so the cattle trailer i would love to be able to paint as you can in ETS2. please add this option. For eg a complete black cattle trailer. Thanks.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”