Wishlists Megathread

flight50

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4401 Post by flight50 » 31 Aug 2022 15:41

1. Many said the same. I actually wish we could control the opacity ourselves. I also wish the convoy map overlay was the same for single player
2. I said the same thing, lol. Firza has a great livery.
3. Real life, all 3 of my vehicles continously when placed in position. One of my blinks 3 times if I tap it. Not sure why we should have to hold it though.
Rentler

#4402 Post by Rentler » 04 Sep 2022 07:49

I'll just be adding my two cents of support for LTL, multiple drop-offs and/or pickups. It's probably not a simple overhaul of the current system but with some work it seems doable. I don't mind if, especially at first, the feature is limited in certain ways that it aligns with the way the game currently functions. These limitations might include:
  • The locations cannot be customized and must be visited in the given order.
  • All pickups must occur before drop-offs.
  • Limited types of cargo.
  • Limited number of pickup, drop-off, or total stops.
  • Delivery expectation is only given for the complete trip.
  • No mixing of different cargo in a single trailer.
If implemented, it would vastly open up the number of ways for people to play. You could have people delivering general goods over a city, or delivering from a city centre to counties across a state, or across the U.S. while dropping by smaller towns on the way. I know this feature has been requested time and time again for years, but I want to re-iterate how much this would be a refreshing change to the gameplay.
nater6540

#4403 Post by nater6540 » 04 Sep 2022 15:38

Rentler wrote: 04 Sep 2022 07:49 I'll just be adding my two cents of support for LTL, multiple drop-offs and/or pickups. It's probably not a simple overhaul of the current system but with some work it seems doable. I don't mind if, especially at first, the feature is limited in certain ways that it aligns with the way the game currently functions. These limitations might include:
  • The locations cannot be customized and must be visited in the given order.
  • All pickups must occur before drop-offs.
  • Limited types of cargo.
  • Limited number of pickup, drop-off, or total stops.
  • Delivery expectation is only given for the complete trip.
  • No mixing of different cargo in a single trailer.
If implemented, it would vastly open up the number of ways for people to play. You could have people delivering general goods over a city, or delivering from a city centre to counties across a state, or across the U.S. while dropping by smaller towns on the way. I know this feature has been requested time and time again for years, but I want to re-iterate how much this would be a refreshing change to the gameplay.
LTL carriers sometimes also carry hazmat, and some (Estes Express Lines being the first one that comes to mind) even specialize in intermodal container shipping as well.
Vinnie Terranova

#4404 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 10 Sep 2022 06:14

I just came across a nice YT video about the differences between American Truck Simulator and Snowrunner. Although the comparison is not perfect (for instance it only shows truck customization in Snowrunner, while in ATS trucks also can be customized), the video show some interesting opportunities for ATS.
Optional Features

#4405 Post by Optional Features » 10 Sep 2022 07:14

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 10 Sep 2022 06:14 I just came across a nice YT video about the differences between American Truck Simulator and Snowrunner. Although the comparison is not perfect (for instance it only shows truck customization in Snowrunner, while in ATS trucks also can be customized), the video show some interesting opportunities for ATS.
Yeah, if Snowrunner came out with slightly better physics at speed and larger maps, they would be one heck of a competitor. Currently, they lead in a lot of areas, vehicle physics being a primary one. Nice to see the 57X get a cab suspension for example.
flight50

#4406 Post by flight50 » 10 Sep 2022 12:05

@Vinnie Terranova Nice. There are definite pros and cons to both. Snowrunner does have that dirt filter looking great. That's about the only thing I see ATS getting anytime soon but will it look as good. The saturation in color is different for both games for sure. Damage and physics clearly go to Snowrunner though. ATS more than likely will never match that. Just 2 different markets but the 57x doesn't belong in an off roading game. But if they wanted to pay for those perks they were allowed to do, more power to them. Snowrunner trucks cost a premium too so more funding goes into it what they can do I bet.

Considering they have fewer truck brands and only one game title, not many manufacturers to get approval from. They have like 3. SCS has 14. If anyone say no, its a wrap. If all manufacturers say yes to damage in ETS2 but no for ATS, more than likely its no for all 14. That's not how a game company would want to operate if they run 2 flagship titles representing all major brands.
Ivanko1

#4407 Post by Ivanko1 » 12 Sep 2022 09:34

Please, make ABCDE ratings for Economy, Rain and Noise for tires like in ETS2. And correct wearing for tires, because wear much faster then it ETS2, 1.5+ times faster. When I drive 2000km in ETS2 they wear 3-4%, in ATS it will be 5-6% wear.
Moon Racer

#4408 Post by Moon Racer » 15 Sep 2022 18:18

Dear developers, add to the game the ability to independently switch to passive mode or block the player "without damage", anti-kamikaze mode.
There are players in convoys who intentionally break your truck and spoil the cargo by crashing into you. I am asking you to enter the passive convoy mode into the game. For example, in the GTA 5 network game there is a passive mode.
In GTA 5 online, you can switch to the passive game mode if other session players chase you and prevent you from playing the session calmly.
I want it to be in any settings, even in convoy modes with damage enabled between players.
Two modes of passive mode.
1. If someone prevents you from driving the cargo calmly, then you can close it from yourself, you will not receive damage from this player, the kamikaze player will pass through you, the damage will not be counted to you. The "Anti-Kamikaze" icon will appear for you above the blocked player of this session. A ghostly icon appears above your truck for the player you have blocked. Thus, the kamikaze player will see that you are in passive mode, and interest in you as a victim will disappear.
2. After connecting to the convoy mode session, you can enable the "no damage" function from everyone. Enable passive mode from all players of this session. You will not receive damage from the players of this session. In both variants, the collision-free mode is enabled for you, you do not receive damage from players, and you also cannot cause damage to other players. A ghost icon will appear above your truck. Thus, other players know that you are in passive mode, and interest in you as a victim disappears.
The session administrator cannot disable this feature at will, forcibly for the player in passive mode.
This feature is automatically disabled when the player exits the session.
Truckrules

#4409 Post by Truckrules » 05 Oct 2022 00:21

Paint jobs for step deck sliding tarp trailers please, the just feel so bland
GT182

#4410 Post by GT182 » 05 Oct 2022 23:16

I'd like to see rest spots at all companies in ATS. Rest spots at Service areas on Interstate highways that are on the left as you pull in. Reason be that a heavy load trailer can't get in a parking spot out back near the motel. Out near the sign across from the fuel island is the best place for them. You see AI rigs parked there, why not these oversized trailers? Or any other truck trailer combo we drive.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”