Wishlists Megathread

S3XT9

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4521 Post by S3XT9 » 01 May 2023 18:29

I'd like to see them remove the speed limit on the World of Trucks or at least increase it.

But, I also think they should institute a Commercial Drivers License program to the careers. If you get busted for speeding, not having your headlights on or running traffic lights, you'd still have to pay a fine. But you'd also lose points from your license. Of course each violation would have a different point value. Headlights could be one point while running a stop light might be 3 points. As a real CDL here has total point value of 18 points. Once you lose all your points, your CDL gets revoked and the truck impounded to the nearest service garage where you can get it back again.

In the US the points start going back on after a 2 year period. But in game maybe they would refresh at the beginning of each trip. There's no reason to make it to strict in game. It still has to be fun.
My Map Speculation
https://ibb.co/hgznxD8
Bandit & The Snowman

#4522 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 05 May 2023 22:56

Animate antennae etc. using Discrete Elastic Rods computations. This can make them react to whatever gets through chassis suspension, as well as to [head]wind, should it ever come.
Maybe start with pre-defined animations if the real computations are too taxing.
GT182

Re: Missing truck stop

#4523 Post by GT182 » 13 May 2023 13:16

HammerlaneHippie wrote: 22 Apr 2023 03:00 The Tuscon Truck Terminal, (TTT), on Interstate 10 is one of the most famous truck stops in America. All there currently is in game is a small repair shop and a Volvo dealership. The TTT is a full service truck stop.
I too have asked for the Triple T truckstop. Always stopped there on my way up to Phoenix. IIRC they even give truckers a free birthday meal. The AF bone yard is almost behind it and would be a great Delivery and Load location for the "sim" too. Especially for Jazzycat's military cargo mod.

But I guess SCS doesn't want to check Google maps to find them. Or make room for them on the map.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
TruckingWolfUSA

Re: Missing truck stop

#4524 Post by TruckingWolfUSA » 14 May 2023 00:50

GT182 wrote: 13 May 2023 13:16
HammerlaneHippie wrote: 22 Apr 2023 03:00 The Tuscon Truck Terminal, (TTT), on Interstate 10 is one of the most famous truck stops in America. All there currently is in game is a small repair shop and a Volvo dealership. The TTT is a full service truck stop.
I too have asked for the Triple T truckstop. Always stopped there on my way up to Phoenix. IIRC they even give truckers a free birthday meal. The AF bone yard is almost behind it and would be a great Delivery and Load location for the "sim" too. Especially for Jazzycat's military cargo mod.

But I guess SCS doesn't want to check Google maps to find them. Or make room for them on the map.
It’s likely top on the list when they rebuild AZ in a few years, just gotta wait for them to get through CA and NV first because those are in much worse shape.
flight50

#4525 Post by flight50 » 14 May 2023 01:17

If this is the Triple T truck stop mentioned, https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tripl ... dhgz?hl=en, it might not be active with the much larger Pilot across the street. It could be a scenic truck stop though. But its base map. I agree with TruckingWolfUSA. We have to wait until SCS gets there but I doubt they miss it. I don't think its a matter of SCS not wanting to looking for it, its a matter of they are not rebuilding that area right now. They have done a pretty good job with truck stops since they were introduced.

The only other truck stop I see is further East off exit 273 with is a Pilot Express. I don't think they miss the TTT location in Tucson. We'll need a truck stop on I-10 after the bulk of the city limit. The next location is Benson, Az 47 miles out. But at 1:20 scale, it won't be much. They could easily skip Benson though and just go for the truck stop in San Simon. Its only 125 miles from Tucson to San Simon which is very feasible.
GT182

#4526 Post by GT182 » 14 May 2023 15:27

The Triple T was the only truckstop when I was out there back in the 80s. Pilot no, and from what I've seen of them over the years, they're just a quick stop with vendors. At least the one over in NJ is like that. Maybe good for fuel but no place I'd eat at.

F50: "San Simon. Its only 125 miles from Tucson to San Simon which is very feasible." No, that isn't a feasible option at all when you're running out of fuel heading east. ;)
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
flight50

#4527 Post by flight50 » 14 May 2023 15:46

The Pilot across from Triple T definitely has a place to eat. There's more space in Tucson than NJ probably. I can see Pilot and Triple T coming with the rebuild but I see the Pilot as the functional one because its established as an ATS brand in the game already. The Triple T could be a random name or no name at all. But I can see both Tucson and San Simon getting truck stops.
mmoore24

#4528 Post by mmoore24 » 17 May 2023 04:39

I was playing today and I realized I would really like to see Automatic Headlights as an option. I can't imagine it would be horribly hard to implement a switch in the options that enables your truck to turn the headlights on automatically at sunset.
IaeAaEia

#4529 Post by IaeAaEia » 19 May 2023 14:19

Three suggestions:

CAMERA: Allow us to also change the focal length of camera 2. The focal length that gives a more "close to real life perspective" is that one that produces a field of view angle of about 45 degrees. This is possible to adjust for the cabin, but not for camera two. Of course, if changing the focal length becomes possible, changing the camera distance is also important to compensate for the lost field of view. This would increase the sense of realism, just as it's possible inside the cabin. As is, there's always this impression of things being filmed through the lens of a camera (like GoPro, with a wide angle lens), making the whole thing look a little toy-ish, instead of through the eye.

HEAD MOVEMENT: In real life, not only does our head can shift in any direction due to the movement of the cabin, but we also feel gravitational forces. If the latter doesn't exist, the head movement adds no realism, since the head movement comes with no gravitational force and it can just make our brain process an unknown situation, an unreal situation. There is the function to restrict the head movement, but it seems it doesn't fully lock the head even at maximum locking setting. I would like to just ask you guys to make it possible to fully lock the head to the cabin movement at maximum setting.

LOWLIGHTS: The human sight has incredible dynamic range and great adaptation. Pitch black lowlights in shadowed areas (like the dashboard) and at night are a problem because sometimes we play the game with some light on, and that makes the eye try to adapt to the whole ambient, not only what you are seeing on the screen, making the lowlights in the screen look cartoonish or flat (no lowlight depthness, if there is little lowlight range). In real life, what you seen on the screen is actually where you are, surrounding you, and when you move your eye to the dashboard there is some slight adaptation that allows you to see all the shades of things that are dark. In the game, if you are driving during the day, it autoadjusts the light to make the exterior well exposed, but the dashboard looks pitch black. So, it doesn't matter if you look at the dashboard, it will look super dark (unless you point the camera there, which is hard to be doing constantly). Ok, the game also adjusts the light, but it adjusts the light based on what is being shown on the screen, but your eye is moving around even when we don't see the need to move the camera. In this regard, the earlier versions of the game was doing better by not letting dark areas look so dark when bright areas are in the frame. At night, the pitch black on the streets and buildings and even the environment around also looks unreal to me. I wish that, other than a brightness control, there was some kind of control for the lowlights.

I would like that these suggestions were also sent to the ETS2 team. I don't want to post the same thing in its Whishlist Megathread in order not to risk having problems. I repeated something on Steam forum with the intent to help (I had found a solution and shared in several threads because I wanted as many players to see it as possible) and they banned me, and no coming back even after explaining and promising not to do it again.

Thank you.
GinXeng

#4530 Post by GinXeng » 21 May 2023 09:29

@IaeAaEia Usually ETS2 and ATS share the same features, so if one gets it the other usually gets it too as its practically the same game.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”