Wishlists Megathread

PBandJ

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4501 Post by PBandJ » 16 Apr 2023 11:39

I like the WoT speed limit myself. If I want different I run non-WoT jobs, but I usually jump back into WoT jobs as it is much more relaxing for me, gives me time to watch scenery, and other things without feeling really rushed. Players complain that it is too easy to make money, but yet want to speed up the WoT side by increasing the speed limit. I have traveled from the midwest down to Florida a lot here lately and have noticed by far the majority of trucks running 65 mph instead of the speed limit of 70 mph. I am sure it is a fuel conserve move on their parts or the companies. There are a few that do the 70 or more, but majority are not at least on I-75, I-71, I-77, I-64, and I-95 that I frequent a lot.....:)
Vinnie Terranova

#4502 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 16 Apr 2023 14:35

The problem with this 65 mph speed limit in WoT is that SCS is limiting options for players. With this speed limit people have no choice other than driving with this low speed limit. If SCS choose to get rid of this speed limit, people can still drive with this speed limit if they want, but if other people don't want to drive with this pseed limit, that would also be possible.
PBandJ

#4503 Post by PBandJ » 17 Apr 2023 01:07

To look at the way you are looking at it, they also have the option if they don't want to drive the 65 mph limit, then they can do non-WoT jobs. That is one of the differences, just like having actual hours, not game hours to do the job. It just gives some variety to the game I think. Every style of job does not have to be exactly the same, kind of eliminates the need to have the different contract styles of jobs if they were all the same.
Vinnie Terranova

#4504 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 17 Apr 2023 05:40

But there is an important difference between WoT-jobs and non-WoT-jobs: events. In order to do events I'm required to do WoT-jobs; I have no other choice. So, in order to do events I'm forced to stick with this ridiculous speed limit.

Can somebody, anybody give me one single good reason why WoT-jobs have this speed limit of just 65 mph?
GT182

#4505 Post by GT182 » 18 Apr 2023 01:36

Yes, I can. It's because SCS wants it that way. It's like many things in ATS that need fixing and haven't been done yet or might never be done.
I don't play WoT so it doesn't really bother me.

My biggest wish for now is SCS fixes the 5th wheel. There is no way a trailer should hook up to a truck with the 5th wheel flat as it is now. It needs to drop to it's natural incline, so the trailer rides up it and then locks in place. To me it's like playing ATS with no electrical cord or air hoses from the truck to the trailer. If fact I saw a truck mod recently where the 5th wheel sat as it is supposed to with no trailer attached. If a truck mod maker can do it, why can't SCS?
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Vinnie Terranova

#4506 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 18 Apr 2023 07:03

GT182 wrote: 18 Apr 2023 01:36Yes, I can. It's because SCS wants it that way.
That's not really an answer. Because why wants SCS it that way?
flight50

#4507 Post by flight50 » 18 Apr 2023 12:19

GT182 is actually right though. SCS set it up that way. No one esle did, they did. Why? None of us can answer that and I've never seen a dev answer to it. So the only explanation....SCS wants it that way. They have their reasons though.

My guess is to keep timing consistent considering it's a server game mode. I don't like it either but I do like the real time aspect of it.
Ivanko1

#4508 Post by Ivanko1 » 18 Apr 2023 16:42

Steampunk Paint Jobs are Great! But how about "Woody Station" style? It is pure American Style, I Love It!)
Like this 1985 Chevrolet Caprice
Like this 1985 Chevrolet Caprice
P.s. What is hearing about another Pure American Thing - Route 66? I see only Signs. It will be DLC? Or we will see it as highway only with Illinois DLC?
Last edited by Ivanko1 on 18 Apr 2023 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
GT182

#4509 Post by GT182 » 18 Apr 2023 16:44

Exactly as 50 said. It's all on SCS. Tho real time shouldn't have a thing to do with it. As I said before, they finally got air lines and an electrical cord add for the trailers. I bugged them for that and they finally did it, and not as a mod. And it hasn't affected real time. As SCS named ATS. It's an American Truck Simulation, more so than a game.

Simulation means ATS is supposed to mimick real life. And as time goes on it is doing just that, but at SCS' pace. All we can do is keep asking for more realism. ;)
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
GT182

#4510 Post by GT182 » 18 Apr 2023 16:53

Route 66 was an iconic highway across the US from Chicago, I believe, to the California. With the coming of Interstate highways much of it disappeared with many towns and cities being bypassed. And as such they lost businesses and money. What sections are left are only marked by Rt 66 signage.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”