Wishlists Megathread

flight50

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4451 Post by flight50 » 31 Dec 2022 18:30

Have you adjusted the new interior camera that SCS implemented? It was created to simulate rocking. I can't remember exactly which setting controls this but I'm not in the game right now to state which it is.

But if you are using the speed SCS post for curves, that's where the mistake is. That's not a mandatory speed. You take the corner based on how you know your truck responds and banking of the road has factor too. Not all roads have banking. Only time I flip a truck is on sharp corners with vans when I know I'm going to fast and rushing a job. That's typically 65+. I've never flipped a truck going 60mph or less that I can recall though. But I also don't use the 389 either. It could be setup a little different than the W900 that I do use.
Holzauge

#4452 Post by Holzauge » 01 Jan 2023 11:22

This is a wish, which probably most of the players won't need. Would be great thing for me to have though! (and it goes for ETS2 as well)

I have a lot of profiles in both games. A few of them I use regularly, some from time to time, some very rarely or for special occasions. What I need is the profile manager recognizing subfolders and of course the ability to access them, so I can organize this "mess" a bit. It's not an absolute necessity, but a "nice to have"...

Thanks for considering! :D
VDMA
cowhand214

#4453 Post by cowhand214 » 02 Jan 2023 06:17

I really enjoy the Christmas events every year and I appreciate the work that goes into them. That said, I do have one request for your consideration. It would be great if there were more trailer types to haul gifts in the event. I'm not suggesting specialty trailers or anything (though I remember there were really cool flatbeds a couple years) but just that the trailer lengths vary or you can have gifts in doubles, triples, etc. It would add some variety to doing 15+ jobs of the same cargo.

I understand building custom skins for each option might be a lot of work. Failing that, it would be great in ATS if the gift trailers were 53'. That's the more common trailer length for OTR work in the US and it bugs me a little that the gift trailers are a shorter variety.

Anyway, again, I really enjoy the holiday events but just thought I'd toss this out there since you've given us this forum to do so. Thanks for the work, I'm looking forward to seeing what you bring us in 2023!
My World of Trucks profile

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends..."
Lillen

#4454 Post by Lillen » 04 Jan 2023 20:48

I know I have said it before but I would see a comeback of features from the earlier SCS Truck games like sleep everywhere so you can use all parking spots in the game even if they are not reported as sleep places, Police that actually pursuit you when you breaking the law and take your money when you have stopped. And of course, an alternativ to turn those features off for the players that don't want them.
krizzy090

#4455 Post by krizzy090 » 05 Jan 2023 16:17

i have a suggestion / idea related to the points shop for ets2 and ats on steam
and i think my idea would be nice to have

i mean who dose not want some animated backgrounds for steam from there favorite game

viewtopic.php?t=316641

it is related to the game so i thought why not post here as well to let ppl know about the idea
nater6540

#4456 Post by nater6540 » 05 Jan 2023 21:21

cowhand214 wrote: 02 Jan 2023 06:17 I really enjoy the Christmas events every year and I appreciate the work that goes into them. That said, I do have one request for your consideration. It would be great if there were more trailer types to haul gifts in the event. I'm not suggesting specialty trailers or anything (though I remember there were really cool flatbeds a couple years) but just that the trailer lengths vary or you can have gifts in doubles, triples, etc. It would add some variety to doing 15+ jobs of the same cargo.

I understand building custom skins for each option might be a lot of work. Failing that, it would be great in ATS if the gift trailers were 53'. That's the more common trailer length for OTR work in the US and it bugs me a little that the gift trailers are a shorter variety.

Anyway, again, I really enjoy the holiday events but just thought I'd toss this out there since you've given us this forum to do so. Thanks for the work, I'm looking forward to seeing what you bring us in 2023!
What about other Christmas-themed cargo, like food-grade tankers loaded with eggnog or something?
cowhand214

#4457 Post by cowhand214 » 05 Jan 2023 22:44

nater6540 wrote: 05 Jan 2023 21:21 What about other Christmas-themed cargo, like food-grade tankers loaded with eggnog or something?
You should have seen my eyes light up with the notion of that much eggnog! I love eggnog and I'm just realizing I somehow didn't get to have any this year. Humbug!

They certainly could get creative with it though of course that takes time and effort away from other things. But eggnog, Christmas cookies or Christmas trees or car haulers but the cars have big bows on them to match those weird commercials we have here in the US where people apparently make large financial commitments such as purchasing a new car without consulting their spouse, etc. There might be lots of options!

GT182

#4458 Post by GT182 » 06 Jan 2023 18:05

The bows would blow off the cars while being transported. Don't ask me how I know. LOL
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
cowhand214

#4459 Post by cowhand214 » 10 Jan 2023 01:22

GT182 wrote: 06 Jan 2023 18:05 The bows would blow off the cars while being transported. Don't ask me how I know. LOL
Haha, oh man that sounds like it would be a mess! I mean, you know, in theory. If it ever happened to anyone anyway.

hragsdale

#4460 Post by hragsdale » 12 Jan 2023 01:08

An awesome addon to the sounds of this game would be realistic engine fan sounds. It would be nice if the sound would ramp up on acceleration and slow down on deceleration as if it were a clutch fan connected to the engines crankshaft. The fan could also not run until the trucks temp gets up and stop when it gets low. Maybe the fan could also slightly remove some hp from the engine to act as if it were dragging on the engine. Somebody else has also posted about this so I thought I would put it on here. If you've gotten this far, thanks for reading :D

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”