Realistic Brutal Graphics And Weather V9.6 - Updated [8-Mar-2024]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
KingOfTheRoad77

Re: Realistic Brutal Graphics And Weather V7.8 - Updated [13-May-2022]

#1351 Post by KingOfTheRoad77 » 07 Jun 2022 09:42

Omisake wrote: 06 Jun 2022 20:21 What I used to do was get Grimes' Early Autumn or Late Autumn mod, as well as Realistic Brutal Weather and load RBW above Grimes' stuff. That way I would have the vegetation from Grimes but the weather and skyboxes and stuff from RBW.
Just wondering since a long time whether to download RBW as I've running already more than 50 or 60 different mods.

=> How significant is the difference of weather and skyboxes from RBW compared to the one's of Grimes season mods?
I think Grimes already is a large improvement over vanilla - is RBW worth it over Grimes, too? Or are there only marginal, subjective nuances?
Omisake

#1352 Post by Omisake » 07 Jun 2022 19:35

@KingOfTheRoad77 There’s a noticeable difference I would say. One of my favourite things about RBW is the variety and number of skyboxes. There’s around 30 or so skyboxes for each time (and 16 I think for nighttime if I remember correctly). And then for rain, it has like 13 or so different skyboxes for that, and different intensities of rain too, like some are full blown thunderstorm, while others are just a few drops falling. Personally, I would definitely recommend it, at least to try it out. I really liked it.
Somewhere in Europe in my Scania R...
MZYXZF

#1353 Post by MZYXZF » 07 Jun 2022 23:18

Thank you for your sharing
KingOfTheRoad77

#1354 Post by KingOfTheRoad77 » 08 Jun 2022 06:38

@Omisake
Thanks for your answer.
So I'll start the download now ;)

EDIT:
Holy Moly: 3 GB :O :shock:
Hope, it doesn't affect performance too much in VR... :| :?:

EDIT 2:
Not a major issue, but mod version of archive says "7.8", unpacked SCS-file says "7.7". Should be the correct version from 13th of May anyway, but at first view, it looks a bit confusing ;)
Omisake

#1355 Post by Omisake » 08 Jun 2022 08:13

@KingOfTheRoad77 Happy to help man, hope you like it! I've never played the game in VR so I can't speak for that but it didn't affect performance for me at all. I'm almost positive that's just because Kass didn't change the name for it in the newest version, although it does say v7.8 in the manifest and will show that in game as well. I just checked mine as well and it's also like that, so shouldn't be an issue!
Somewhere in Europe in my Scania R...
tszzch01

#1356 Post by tszzch01 » 08 Jun 2022 08:47

Thank you for your sharing
KingOfTheRoad77

#1357 Post by KingOfTheRoad77 » 08 Jun 2022 17:24

Hmm... I drove for an hour now with RBW: On the one hand, it's really a great mod with very good looking skies I do like a lot.
On the other hand, clouded nights are very very dark (at least in VR) and therefore not very realistic. Second, RBW easily tends to create light to strong mist every couple of minutes, and even at high noon with sunshine, wooden hills only 500m to 1km in front of my truck get dark and untextured when having such misty atmosphere.

As said, RBW is a very good mod - but I think it still needs a bit of fine-tuning in some aspects imho.
I will continue driving with it for a couple of hours more and see whether I can get used to it - sometimes, it's also a question of habituation and acclimatisation :) (Nevertheless, a little brighter clouded nights would be useful, at least in VR ;))

EDIT, 06/09/22:
I did a delivery from Klagenfurth to Firenze and noticed that although I had a very grey and dark clouded sky for a very long time, there was still almost quite bright sunshine and sharp edged shadows everywhere - just as if it was an almost blue sunny day without major clouds.
I noticed that already with Vanilla as well as with Grimes season mods sometimes, so the main culprit might be the game's engine - but with the very well done, high detailed and contrast coloured skymaps of RBW, this becomes even more obvious (to me). I don't know if there's anything that can be done about this.
And, once again perhaps due to VR especially, rain drops are too bright, long and whitish lines for my taste, even more when having only light rain. Should be a bit more subtle, less visible, I think.
Kloever

#1358 Post by Kloever » 10 Jun 2022 11:39

KingOfTheRoad77 wrote: 08 Jun 2022 17:24 Hmm... I drove for an hour now with RBW: On the one hand, it's really a great mod with very good looking skies I do like a lot.
On the other hand, clouded nights are very very dark (at least in VR) and therefore not very realistic. Second, RBW easily tends to create light to strong mist every couple of minutes, and even at high noon with sunshine, wooden hills only 500m to 1km in front of my truck get dark and untextured when having such misty atmosphere.

As said, RBW is a very good mod - but I think it still needs a bit of fine-tuning in some aspects imho.
I will continue driving with it for a couple of hours more and see whether I can get used to it - sometimes, it's also a question of habituation and acclimatisation :) (Nevertheless, a little brighter clouded nights would be useful, at least in VR ;))

EDIT, 06/09/22:
I did a delivery from Klagenfurth to Firenze and noticed that although I had a very grey and dark clouded sky for a very long time, there was still almost quite bright sunshine and sharp edged shadows everywhere - just as if it was an almost blue sunny day without major clouds.
I noticed that already with Vanilla as well as with Grimes season mods sometimes, so the main culprit might be the game's engine - but with the very well done, high detailed and contrast coloured skymaps of RBW, this becomes even more obvious (to me). I don't know if there's anything that can be done about this.
And, once again perhaps due to VR especially, rain drops are too bright, long and whitish lines for my taste, even more when having only light rain. Should be a bit more subtle, less visible, I think.
I'm driving without VR atm and i have the same. Last delivery to france was not doable. To much mist, couldn't see a single thing.
RoyalAhjushi88

#1359 Post by RoyalAhjushi88 » 13 Jun 2022 02:40

Thanks a Lot of Your Realty MOD, this is an update right ??
what about if i just use this mod with 385mb size ??

#sorry for bad English
sbrandish30

#1360 Post by sbrandish30 » 13 Jun 2022 14:39

you should add snow to this mod in a future update for ATS and ETS2 mate would be good

Return to “Others”