SCS Blender Tools

rainproof

Re: SCS Blender Tools

#3111 Post by rainproof » 20 Jun 2022 14:37

Blender Tools 2.3 is now available for Blender 3xx
abasstreppas

#3112 Post by abasstreppas » 20 Jun 2022 22:45

Getting this error when trying to add a flavour to a shader. I've been running BT 2.93/2.2.1 for over a week without any problems at all. Then all of a sudden this happens on some rims I made last year. Tried to delete all materials, but then I couldn't select any shader above dif.spec and the flavour selection panel was no longer visible. Tried reinstall everything, but no... :roll:
Attachments
error.jpg
kast

#3113 Post by kast » 20 Jun 2022 23:26

you can try to load blend file with no UI loaded. I had similar issue at some point, but then the blender version was not supported and corrupted the blend files :P
abasstreppas

#3114 Post by abasstreppas » 20 Jun 2022 23:44

The problem actually happened after I used append from an file saved a year ago, probably Blender 2.82. Maybe something went wrong during the append. Anyway, I reopened the original (were all the steel rims are :| I would die if it was corrupt) and checked if I could use/change the flavour and it worked without problem. So I just saved that big file and did a new append from it and it seems to be ok now, phew.

Strangely when I have been working on the hubs I have done append from files back in 2016 without no problem :?
kkeeley

#3115 Post by kkeeley » 21 Jun 2022 01:37

Question about materials.

I'm working on a vehicle where I'd like to us the paintjob to make it easier to customize the colour of differnt parts of the vehicle.

I've created two different materials in blender one for the bodywork and the other to be used for other parts, both use the truckpaint shader but have different setting for the other values like Shininess etc, the main difference between the two is the shininess. In blender both the materials appear to be working, the material use for the bodywork is ment to be nice and shiny (value set to 250) which it is and the other is ment to appear more flat (value set to 20) which it does.

The problem I have is when I export the mod from blender and view it in the vehicle browser in ATS both materials look to have the same amount of shine and reflection as the one used for the bodywork. I have played around with all the settings on the second material and I haven't had any luck finding a combination that makes it look different to the bodywork version in game.

I have looked and I haven't found any other shader types that change the colours based on the selected paintjob in game. Is there any?

I will admit that I'm not very experenced with materials and texturing in general so I'm most likely doing something wrong.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
LoaderSaints

#3116 Post by LoaderSaints » 21 Jun 2022 08:56

@kkeeley You need to adjust the brightness of the alpha channel of the base texture on your truckpaint materials. Darker alpha channel makes the material less shiny in-game.
kkeeley

#3117 Post by kkeeley » 22 Jun 2022 01:31

@LoaderSaints Thanks for the tip, that was what it needed. Just need to play with the settings a bit more to fine tune them until I'm happy.

Next thing to understand/learn is vertex painting, so far i've just been filling the vertex paint with a default color set to a max of 0.5, I'll need to adjust all the objects at some point to get the best effect.

Any ideas if there is a way to reduce all the vertex paint vaules by say 10% without having to manually repaint the entire object.

Thanks again.
abasstreppas

#3118 Post by abasstreppas » 22 Jun 2022 13:49

abasstreppas wrote: 20 Jun 2022 23:44Maybe something went wrong during the append.
I just want to add a thing I've reflected on. The error mentioned problem with the fresnel and those rims I tried to append did have one of the materials values set to negative (-0,1). Maybe the earlier version of BT couldn't handle it properly and therefore I got a corrupt append. Re-saving the original file fixed that because of a more recent BT version. Just speculating... :geek:
abasstreppas

#3119 Post by abasstreppas » 24 Jun 2022 06:41

After Blender 2.79 I miss the tri/poly-count info you did see in the window bar. Been looking around in Blender (2.93) but haven't found anything. Anyone?
Dotec

#3120 Post by Dotec » 24 Jun 2022 06:53

Go to edit > preferences > interface > status bar
And select everything you want

[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion”