SCS Blender Tools

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: SCS Blender Tools

#3171 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 20 Jul 2022 16:40

env_factor is obsolete now, it doesnt work anymore so ofc it wont be in the shader_preset anymore for truckpaint shader
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
room217au

#3172 Post by room217au » 21 Jul 2022 14:12

@tobrago The shader_presets file is included with scs_tools_addon. Just look inside the archive. Or you can look in Blender's addons folder. I guess it's extracted there. Use that path.
xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 20 Jul 2022 15:52 what new shader_preset.txt? there is non needed, BT was updated not long ago and ofc it included new stuff when there is need for it, the old aux attributes on the Peterbilt are obsolet attributes that are not needed anymore
Three isn't any new presets file. The file's creation date remains the same even in latest BT. I asked because the current PB 389 shows the warnings, when it didn't last version of game.
The old aux attributes, in this case, are in materials for shadow, fake shadow, glass, and truckpaint.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
tobrago

#3173 Post by tobrago » 21 Jul 2022 16:31

@room217au Yes, I know where shader_presets.txt is. But you can see it is 12 months old on this link.
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
xXCARL1992Xx

#3174 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 21 Jul 2022 16:36

room217au wrote: 21 Jul 2022 14:12
Three isn't any new presets file. The file's creation date remains the same even in latest BT. I asked because the current PB 389 shows the warnings, when it didn't last version of game.
The old aux attributes, in this case, are in materials for shadow, fake shadow, glass, and truckpaint.
like i said, because env_factor is obsolete and was removed from the newest blender tools and the models still have the entries in their files
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
room217au

#3175 Post by room217au » 22 Jul 2022 00:01

I think it's weird that an attribute deemed obsolete by the developers, is not removed from the model's files, yet is removed from a 3rd party app. Crazy.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
xXCARL1992Xx

#3176 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 22 Jul 2022 09:13

there is nothing weird about it, with 1.40 it was made obsolete and the tools for them (they are not 3rd party) were updated, they wont start to go through every model just to check and remove it, when the model will be loaded again because of some changes they will remove the obsolete attribute (it is just a material change)

there are even some models that use the flip color attribute i think that was in BT once but then removed because it didnt work right iirc
[ external image ]
Chief86

#3177 Post by Chief86 » 27 Jul 2022 14:20

all of a sudden im getting this error on export.

Code: Select all

ERROR SUMMARY:
		   ================
		   > Unexpected 'TypeError' accured during batch export:
		     Traceback (most recent call last):
		       File "C:\Users\as936\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\io_scs_tools\operators\bases\export.py", line 184, in execute_export
		         result = _export.batch_export(self, init_obj_list, name_suffix=ef_name_suffix, menu_filepath=menu_filepath)
		       File "C:\Users\as936\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\io_scs_tools\exp\__init__.py", line 95, in batch_export
		         export_success = pix.export(filepath, name_suffix, root_object, game_object_list)
		       File "C:\Users\as936\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\io_scs_tools\exp\pix.py", line 196, in export
		         export_success = _pit.export(*(in_args + trans_structs_args))
		       File "C:\Users\as936\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\io_scs_tools\exp\pit.py", line 572, in export
		         attribute_section.props.append((attr_prop, ["i", tuple(value)]))
		     TypeError: 'int' object is not iterable

================
Warryor3D

#3178 Post by Warryor3D » 29 Jul 2022 04:45

Hello. @Chief86

You must verify each of the added models and review their material one by one since now blender with the new update of the tools does not indicate exactly what material is misconfigured for that you must carry out an inspection of each of the models added to your edition and verify that each material corresponds to the configuration that the SCS tools provide. If the error persists with .TOBJ files, it would be preferable to transfer all the .DDS to a .TGA file and delete the previous ones, leaving only the new .TGA, since when assigning a new .TOBJ file is created, so far I have not had problems performing those steps . I hope to be helpful.
Outlaw Transport

#3179 Post by Outlaw Transport » 01 Aug 2022 12:39

Now that wheel_anim is obsolete, is the wheel animation now entirely automated through the steering_w locator? Or is there something else you need to do? I have the wheel showing correctly but it's not moving at all.
Warryor3D

#3180 Post by Warryor3D » 02 Aug 2022 00:51

Hi @Outlaw Transport

I consider that if the wheel node should be in the animation, everything as before, the only thing that changes is removing the wheel line from the animation file.
Take for example a truck SCS BASE in the latest version and you will notice that only the line of the file is disabled or deleted.

Return to “General discussion”