abasstreppas wheelpack 3.0 [Old pack has got updated pmg-files for 1.37]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Ultihunt

Re: abasstreppas wheelpack 3.0 [Old pack has got updated pmg-files for 1.37]

#1491 Post by Ultihunt » 05 May 2021 09:00

Hi
How is it possible to use different Trucks with painted Wheels from different Skin's. For example I use a red looking skin for the RJL and a blue skin for Scania S. On both trucks the rims are red.

Greetings
abasstreppas

#1492 Post by abasstreppas » 05 May 2021 11:51

@Ultihunt I use a separate "mod" with only the colored textures inside. That way you just activate/deactivate the mod you want to use for the moment.

It's a little bit complicated, I know, but in the new version (whenever it's released) there will be 3 different looks for rims and hubs. This makes it a lot easier for the user ;)
Polarlicht

#1493 Post by Polarlicht » 05 May 2021 16:51

You mean like 3 different custom painted (and text) versions?
Walter_Wolf

#1495 Post by Walter_Wolf » 06 May 2021 19:57

Maybe fix this mod i have in my console red stuff like suspicius wheels...
abasstreppas

#1496 Post by abasstreppas » 06 May 2021 23:29

The main reason I have been silent here and on the trailer wheel thread is that I want the new lighting system to stabilise itself. It's much better after the last update, but still a bit too over-exposed/over-bright. In this pic the rims looks ok at 20.00 in the evening in Spain. It's another thing in full sunlight. Rims tend to look matte as the shininess disappears. I will wait until next update to see if the devs could tweak it a bit more before I do any changes myself. The mod includes too many parts to have to redo everything more than one time. ;)

[ external image ]
Scaniadriver1

#1497 Post by Scaniadriver1 » 07 May 2021 04:23

That's what I call a teaser, abasstreppasstyle🤘thanks for the info. Great things need time ;)
mackintosh

#1498 Post by mackintosh » 07 May 2021 10:56

Honestly mate, I don't think they're going to stop tweaking lighting for quite a while yet. Certainly not within the next couple of updates. Every patch seemingly changes something here and there. It's your call, but I feel you're just going to be chasing your tail every time.
Polarlicht

#1499 Post by Polarlicht » 07 May 2021 16:26

So it kinda depends on SCS now? ... Well RIP, we'll never gonna see the update now :lol: :lol:

There will always be a tweak or fix. This will never end. Things get delayed and delayed over and over again for a texture which is not 100% and never will because it's just a game?! Waste of time on my opinion.
It has to look as good as possible of course. But there is one point where you can't go further anymore. You said you stop around 87% which is 100% for most people. I think you are already on 99%...
Even when it looks better after the next update, it can look different again the next update after that. Again, this will never end.
I'd say go for it (ofc i do :D ... no srsly!), because for what should you wait? You can always add things and parts, or tweak little things most users don't see or care.
Then there is the factor free time, which is a different thing and doesn't apply to what i said.
This goes for every mod btw.

Cheers
rockwell

#1500 Post by rockwell » 08 May 2021 20:43

[ external image ]

@abasstreppas

the antisplash channel and xfa2 energy model in the tire is really nice. Will this tire be shared soon?

Return to “Others”