Index Outside Array Boundaries

nicky9499

Index Outside Array Boundaries

#1 Post by nicky9499 » 11 Nov 2015 01:27

I am experiencing a CTD after updating to 1.21 caused by viewing of any Volvo FH. I do not have any Volvo truck mods and have even disabled Volvo part mods.

Code: Select all

00:02:35.890 : <ERROR> f:\build_bot\ssd_win_slave\final_build_ets2_121_windows_bin_steam_x64\build\prism\src\p3core\collections/arrays/arrays_base_impl.h(491): ??A?$array_t@V?$resource_tie_t@Vmaterial_u@prism@@@prism@@@prism@@QEAAAEAV?$resource_tie_t@Vmaterial_u@prism@@@1@_K@Z: Index outside array boundaries.
What's going on?
Last edited by Deemer on 11 Nov 2015 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced quote tags with code tags.
Max
SCS Software

Re: Index Outside Array Boundaries

#2 Post by Max » 11 Nov 2015 12:42

array of material resource links exploded (something somewhere touched non existing element).
unfortunately nothing more can be seen from this line alone.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
plykkegaard

#3 Post by plykkegaard » 11 Nov 2015 12:53

Remove mods from your folder
Worst case you need to start a new profile

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#4 Post by Flemming V » 11 Nov 2015 13:13

Before starting a new profile, you can always downgrade your game version to previous working version.
Then remember to re-activate the mods you used for previous version, load your last working savegame.
Then sell or remove mod parts from your truck(s) and save game.
Then you can upgrade game again and your new version should work with your current profile.
nicky9499

#5 Post by nicky9499 » 27 Nov 2015 14:56

Still having this problem after removing alot of mods; CTD when loading Volvo dealer or selecting new FH in truck list. Old Volvo loads fine. Noticed something new in the log today:

00:01:48.799 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file "/def/vehicle/truck/volvo.fh16/sound/interior_ats.sii" in the read_only mode
00:01:48.799 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file "/def/vehicle/truck/volvo.fh16/sound/exterior_ats.sii" in the read_only mode

00:02:06.294 : <ERROR> f:\build_bot\ssd_win_slave\final_build_ets2_121_windows_bin_steam_x64\build\prism\src\p3core\collections/arrays/arrays_base_impl.h(491): ??A?$array_t@V?$resource_tie_t@Vmaterial_u@prism@@@prism@@@prism@@QEAAAEAV?$resource_tie_t@Vmaterial_u@prism@@@1@_K@Z: Index outside array boundaries.

But all sound mods have been disabled?
Max
SCS Software

#6 Post by Max » 28 Nov 2015 00:11

this happen if the game has to create truck that wants sounds from removed mod.
typically, saved truck can contain sound accessories that does not exist anymore if mod is removed.
if the problem happen only in dealer, then dealer truck definion are modded and require something non-standard.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
nicky9499

#7 Post by nicky9499 » 28 Nov 2015 02:03

Thanks Max for providing more insight. It happens at dealer, when loading Volvo FH, and when selecting drive Volvo FH16 Classic.
Things is, I have never used Volvo sound mods before but even so, I thought when a mod is removed the game simply reverts to default? If such problem occur, how is one supposed to uninstall mods at all? Now troubleshooting is double the headache because not only does one has to try removing mods, but now re-adding mods too apparently? I've tried installing a Volvo sound mod to "override" that shit but it hasn't changed anything.
Max
SCS Software

#8 Post by Max » 28 Nov 2015 09:16

1/ from the log we can see, that some truck wants sound accessory with name "interior_ats.sii". this is definitely not standard file. you have (or had) mod that had that file mentioned or included. i do not know what mod that was. mod authors quite often change more things that the ones they say. it might be just another volvo mod, that included changed sound. or it could be volvo mod that should be run with some other mod together. or both and problem happened on collision between the mods (they overwrite their common files mutually).

2/ more important problem and immediate reason for the crash is the other message (resource tie array crash). there is some model that incorrectly work with material/texture indices. maybe the material/texture mod was removed or some other mod rewrote them or the model itself, but there happen situation the game cannot handle. you should localize this issue, because it is definitely more serious.

generaly, mods rewrite game data on inner file system. simple mod just alter some data - typicaly some number in data or model and texture improvements. their removal is safe.
if you change truck definition or similar game object, changed info could be stored in save. typically the truck require some part from the mod, and removal of such mod can cause problems with truck creation and rendering. we have quite robust recovery code for such cases but even such fallback could be modded (price of completely open game data).
furthermore, if there are two mods that want rewrite one file, collision occur. only one of the mod wins (the one with higher priority in mod manager). using or removal of one of such mods may cause complete havoc.
if you remove all mods (except map) there is quite high chance the game could handle it. or at least tell you where is the remaining problem - typical solution for such issue is to sell/dismiss problematic object.
nicky9499

#9 Post by nicky9499 » 28 Nov 2015 09:56

Max wrote:changed info could be stored in save
Ah, I haven't considered this before, it could be a possibility. I do understand the rest of the post too, thank you for the in-depth explanation. What I've done so far is try to overwrite the problem using original files, similar to the fix you advised here. Result: Volvo FH is fully working, Volvo Classic shows up but CTD when select to drive. Will just tinker around some more, looks like it's going to be a while before I can drive again. :(
Pythagoras

#10 Post by Pythagoras » 12 Nov 2018 19:44

Max wrote: 28 Nov 2015 00:11 this happen if the game has to create truck that wants sounds from removed mod.
typically, saved truck can contain sound accessories that does not exist anymore if mod is removed.
if the problem happen only in dealer, then dealer truck definion are modded and require something non-standard.

Return to “Help center - player to player”