Drive Safely's ETS2 journeys

BK Vissers

Re: Drive Safely's ETS2 journeys

#411 Post by BK Vissers » 18 Jul 2017 13:09

Terrific shots!

You're right about the sound. I had the same issue with the Kraz255. It really spoiled the enjoyment of driving it over time.
obelihnio

#413 Post by obelihnio » 18 Jul 2017 17:45

Fantastic stories and truck reviews! 8-)
Hakan

#414 Post by Hakan » 23 Aug 2017 13:18

agree with Joe !
Drive Safely

#415 Post by Drive Safely » 16 Sep 2017 11:30

The DAF is back! The first truck I bought in the game. One of my hired drivers was driving this in the game, but it was time we swapped trucks so I can try out this new engine sound from Vasily. I've also repainted the exterior and changed the roof headlights to circular ones.
[ external image ]

Tight roundabout
[ external image ]

Liking this engine sound. It captures the revving vacuum sound of a Paccar engine perfectly! :)
[ external image ]

Crazy to think this narrow road ISN'T a one way road
[ external image ]

:!: :!: :o Need to stick to the right
[ external image ]

Hauling a MAN TGA for this delivery!
[ external image ]

Witnessed a car getting rear ended
[ external image ]

Beautiful lights at night - a warm atmosphere
[ external image ]

And a beautiful coastline drive at day!
[ external image ]

Another successful delivery by the DAF!
[ external image ]

This Scania wants to race in the rain. Just let me overtake mate! :D
[ external image ]

I always run out of air pressure when trying to park here
[ external image ]

Epic bridge!
[ external image ]

The mighty DAF ready for another adventure
[ external image ]

Alone on a small ferry. When the doors opened it was like I saw the light at the end of the tunnel.
[ external image ]

Another delivery done!
[ external image ]

On the highway I was passed by not one, but TWO Honda CB600 motorbikes. :o And they were going the same way as me at the exit! 8-) Double the motorbike engine sound to listen to! 8-)
[ external image ]

Unfortunately the two motorbikes split at an intersection. No more double the goodness. The one going straight floored it... I can't keep up with that biker.
[ external image ]

:shock: What a coincidence! I was able to catch up to that motorbike... only because of a harvester in front holding up the traffic! 8-) 8-)
[ external image ]

Airplane!
[ external image ]

End of a great day of work with this elegant truck. It was nice being back in my first truck again. But it's now time to get back on trying out new trucks.
[ external image ]

Now I try out the BMC Pro 827. This truck model is not high quality work, but at least this mod lets us at least drive a BMC! :) The dashboard barely works. Speedometer is not always accurate. Fuel gauge needle in wrong place. Dashboard lights not working as expected.
[ external image ]

Shadows and windshield glass are also not done correctly in this truck. So the mod definitely needs some TLC. It does flood the console with lots of errors - the mod itself takes a lot of parts from other mods to make it work.
[ external image ]

Despite all that, the truck does have some nice air brake sounds. The truck is very quiet like a Tesla. It seems like it has a mixture of its own sounds and the stock Mercedes engine sounds. It doesn't seem to have loud sounds for high RPMs which does take the realism away. But it does have a unique horn.
[ external image ]

It's not a bad truck performance wise. The truck hauls pretty well.
[ external image ]

What is this I'm passing? WWII memorial? Can't really tell from here
[ external image ]

This truck looks really cheap. Look at that plastic. I'm not sleeping in the back there.
[ external image ]

Driving in the heavy rain
[ external image ]

You can barely make out a misty skyline through all the raindrops on the window
[ external image ]

This truck is doing pretty well on fuel consumption despite hauling a heavy load (see next picture). At 30.4 L per 100 KM on average.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I wouldn't want to be on that overpass. What a queue! :shock:
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Think this was at Sundsvall - beautiful city!
[ external image ]

That's all for now :)
[ external image ]
Hakan

#416 Post by Hakan » 16 Sep 2017 11:35

Very good story and trucks, and travel! love your pics, good to see again :)
Drive Safely

#417 Post by Drive Safely » 16 Sep 2017 11:41

@Hakan - Thanks! I was playing ATS only for a while. Great to be back here with ETS2 with heaps of awesome mods! :D
Andrei_03

#418 Post by Andrei_03 » 17 Sep 2017 06:36

Damn, i was really missing your thread, thanks a lot for bringing it alive back again. :)
obelihnio

#419 Post by obelihnio » 17 Sep 2017 14:30

Ooh, beautiful shots.
Drive Safely

#420 Post by Drive Safely » 23 Sep 2017 02:12

@Joe the gamer - Glad you like it! :)

@obelihnio - Thanks! :)

Driving the BMC Pro during a starry night
[ external image ]

Beautiful day out
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Yep, that's an insane queue of traffic on the left :shock:
[ external image ]

Parked up for a break
[ external image ]

Taking the ferry
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

A new delivery
[ external image ]

Always love that Malmo skyline. Big buildings are cool :)
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

That's it for the BMC Pro. Despite it being a lower quality mod, I did enjoy driving this truck. It has quite the charm!
[ external image ]

Now I've traded it in for a MAN TGA by Madster. This is going to be awesome. Got Vasily's engine sound mod for it too!
[ external image ]

This truck's interior and exterior is amazing! Beautiful quality. Definitely a recommended truck mod. :) First I'll deliver a yacht with this truck to Italy.
I've got to be careful for bridges with low clearance.
[ external image ]

Wow, so many trucks at this truck stop! I'll park here next to the DAF trucks. :)
[ external image ]

:!: :!: Saw a low bridge in Germany... emergency braked just in time! There is no way I can clear that.
[ external image ]

I had to reverse my way out on the highway shoulder and take a detour. Then I found another low bridge and had to turn back AGAIN. :x
This is getting frustrating. Where am I supposed to go?
[ external image ]

I managed to reroute. I'll need to go further east to Poland then work my way back to Italy.
Because this is an urgent delivery, I have no choice but to speed or end up with no money.
I have to arrive at the destination by 11 PM, but my ETA says I'll get there 9 hours later. I'll have to pull a miracle to make up the time.
This is really risky since Poland tends to slow you down, but I should be alright on its highways.
[ external image ]

:evil: Over 120 km/h! Come on MAN TGA! We can't be late! :evil:
[ external image ]

Some nice scenery there... wait why is my truck being slow? FLOOR IT!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: The ETA (estimated time of arrival) keeps fluctuating like polls for an election while I drive as fast as I possibly can!
[ external image ]

That jackknifed truck is really being helpful holding up the traffic... NOT! Get out of the road! :evil: :evil: I've got an urgent delivery!
[ external image ]

Oh for crying out loud...
[ external image ]

This is really getting tiring having to keep the accelerator pressed for so long. I wouldn't wish massive detours due to low bridges on anyone.
[ external image ]

Finally made it to Italy, with two hours to spare! If I hadn't raced my way there I would've lost a lot of money by being miserably late.
Fuel efficiency was pretty amazing for this truck despite having to accelerate for so long - still in its 40-50 L per 100 KM range on average.
[ external image ]

That was a tiring delivery. High cargo and low bridges are so annoying. Now to deliver these Scania's which shouldn't have a problem with bridges.
[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”