Spring v5.5 [Upd: 07 Dec 2023]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
grimes

Re: Spring Graphics & Weather Mod v4.1 [Upd: 16 Apr 2021]

#271 Post by grimes » 16 Apr 2021 15:02

New version available for download.
BenganJ

#272 Post by BenganJ » 16 Apr 2021 15:48

@grimes

Damn, the seasons pass too fast nowadays! 😂😂😂
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@3.60GHz
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
[ external image ]
LAFAYET47

#273 Post by LAFAYET47 » 16 Apr 2021 16:00

Thanks for the new update @grimes. Is there any way you can make the day-night temperatures cicle drop a little bit less faster or could you please tell me how to do? (Those found in truck dashboards)

I feel like they start to decrease too early in the day, at around 1pm-2pm. In southern countries this is not very correct, specially on sunny days during the warm-hot season of the year. Maximum daily temps are around 3-5 pm on Spain and Portugal, until these hours temperatures should stay high (unless some ocasional cloudy/rainy weather comes in refreshing the weather) and only after these hours temps start to decrease, but slower than the mod represents. Minimum daily temperatures are usually reached on late night hours or even on early sunrise hours next day. On the mod, daily minimum daily temps are normally at 8-9 pm on evening that same day. Since sunsets are already this time of the year around that hour, its quite unlikely to reach minimum temps at this time of the day because sun is still there up in the horizon warming until quite late.

Sorry for the boring "rant", but I'm such a geography and climate geek that I couldn't resist to ask if something can be done to correct this :D
grimes

#274 Post by grimes » 16 Apr 2021 17:00

What you may be experiencing is temperature variations as you pass through different climate profiles on the map, for example the desert profile is 6C higher than the default profile. In each profile the warmest part of the day will always be around 3pm and the sunset temps will always be higher than nightime temps. But this may not always be the case if you pass through different climate profiles. If you want uniformity in temperatures just amend the climate.sii file in the def folder, for example change desert from +6 to 0.

Here's some images from just south of Madrid showing the different temps at different times.

12pm 18C
[ external image ]

3pm 20C
[ external image ]

5pm 18C
[ external image ]

9pm (sunset) 13C
[ external image ]

Midnight 9C
[ external image ]
Last edited by grimes on 16 Apr 2021 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
Watermark

#275 Post by Watermark » 16 Apr 2021 17:05

@grimes Thank you. Also, why are some people so interested in temperature, completely pointless in this game (among many other things)...
LAFAYET47

#276 Post by LAFAYET47 » 16 Apr 2021 17:24

Thank you @grimes, much appreciated. Must be my perception, but when I was driving in southern Spain (not Almeria/Granada, western Sevilla/Huelva/Cordoba) I had the feeling that temperatures started to drop a little bit early in the day...somewhat weird, specially when this part of Iberia is one of the hottest not only in Iberia but in entire Europe. I really need to double check this because I see its quite a random thing. Thanks for your feedback.

It must be pointless for you @Watermark, but not for others. Making such kind of comments are a complete nonsense. Some people really want a little bit more serious simulation you know? climate, seasons, weather, temperatures, etc is that important as many other factors in this game for me .If you really have anything to add or you are not interested at all in this stuff why don´t you keep away from this conversation? (or why do you use grimes mod then?) :roll:
Watermark

#277 Post by Watermark » 16 Apr 2021 17:31

@LAFAYET47 Dear fellow, there is not even a half decent physics in the game or weather simulation, basically temperature is just some numbers showing on the dashboard with no relevance for gameplay whatsoever. I'm using Grimes mods for it's esthetics because that what it is for, better or different textures... But yeah, 1001 pardons and excuses if I upset anyone's sensibilities... :)
bumbumek

#278 Post by bumbumek » 16 Apr 2021 18:20

What a nice surprise dear grimes :-) Thank you for another update! :-)
LAFAYET47

#279 Post by LAFAYET47 » 16 Apr 2021 18:33

:roll: You really don´t need to give me a lesson about how the game works, I know it quite well. Sure, they are just numbers with "no relevance for gameplay" .Still, I want to see this correct, do you get it? the mod does a extremely well job except in some minor cases as I have pointed out, and all this depends of the area where you are driving. There is something called inmersion . I know you don´t care about it, but do you understand that others could care?

I'm done with you, I don´t wanna keep arguing. Added to foe. I absolutely don´t understand why someone random would pop up in a conversation about something he/she could care less and expect everyone else have to think like he/she in that regard. Grimes answer was the correct one, constructive and engaging. Yours absolutely not. Bye.
W4X

#280 Post by W4X » 16 Apr 2021 18:37

Thanks Grimes!
[ external image ]
Do Not Disturb

Return to “Others”