[Announcement] 01.06.2021 : New FORUM RULES announced! Please familiarize with them.

ATS 1.3+ RJL Scania T 1.8.2 & R 1.5.2 Port Released V2

WarthogCC

Re: ATS 1.3+ RJL Scania T 1.8.2 & R 1.5.2 Port Released V2

#171 Post by WarthogCC » 25 Mar 2017 08:37

That's okay. No offense to ptr1ck's work (he does great stuff) but I like the RJL Scania package more. So I kept the MAN and Mercedes portovers from ptr1ck but got rid of his Scanias.

Besides I found a problem that just arose which gave me another reason to remove it so I can use the RJL models. Not sure yet which mod is conflicting with it. But the ptr1ck Scanias started showing missing mirror textures, so they showed up red.

Solutech

#172 Post by Solutech » 25 Mar 2017 09:16

The red indicates a missing texture . Its very likely a missing automat file . Scs have tidied them up again this patch most likely .
Author of ReMoled series of mods,V8K Blaine ReWork and general helpful chap .

xXCARL1992Xx

#173 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 17 Apr 2017 09:17

will this mod be updated and by chance the 4 series added as well ?

if there is a 4 Series for ATS that is good i would consider buying ATS2 so i have a bit of an alternativ to play to ETS2
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

MINSA20

#174 Post by MINSA20 » 25 Aug 2017 18:36

Wow, this is a really nice port of the Scania T and Scania R! Great job :D
Frontiersman: My advice is get lost. lol. If you want to learn roads, get lost on them. If you want to learn a program, get lost in it.

syscrh

Latest RJL Scania T (4-series) port

#175 Post by syscrh » 08 Oct 2017 20:13

I've successfully ported the latest version of RJL's Scania (incl. 4-series) Torpedo to ATS! And it wasn't all that difficult, but as I had no experience, it took me the whole afternoon ...

I've shared screenshots on reddit.

I don't share a binary, but a basic tutorial on how to do this yourself, so you don't need to wait for anyone to port the next version and I won't get into any trouble for sharing copyrighted content, etc..

This port is not error or bug-free, but you'll get an upgradeable, driveable (without crashes) and fairly good looking truck. Maybe I have time to improve it next weekend, maybe I don't. Anyways, there's nothing stopping you from fixing all the little things yourself (and sharing the improvements with the community!!).

You need: Extracted base.scs and def.scs from Euro Truck Simulator 2, Scania T and Scania 4-series mod from RJL. Furthermore I've added the cabin accessories DLC (which I took from the Mack Super-Liner) by using the Cabin accessories DLC add-on from RJL and removing "dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_toys"" from the manifest.sii. A good read of this great tutorial.

First of all, you extract the Scania T and the 4-series to some directory, so that you can work with the files.

We start with the Scania T (5- and 6-series):

Code: Select all

# Go to /def/vehicle/truck_dealer/
- rename scania/ to volvo/
- edit scania.t.sii: "@@brand_scania@@" to "@@brand_volvo@@" and "scania/scania_t.sii" to "volvo/scania_1.sii"
- rename "scania.t.sii" to "volvo.scaniat.sii"
- rename volvo/scania_t.sii to volvo/scania_1.sii
# Copy the /def/camera/ folder from some other RJL Scania ATS ports
# Remove the line "interior_camera_oculus: camera.interior.scania.rcab.2009.oculus" from /def/vehicle/truck/scania.t/data.sii
# Copy from some other RJL ATS ports the following files into /def/vehicle/truck/: common_sound_ext_data.sui, common_sound_ext.sui, common_sound_int_data.sui, and common_sound_int.sui
# Copy from extracted ETS2-base or ETS2-def:
/vehicle/truck/scania_rcab_2009/
/vehicle/truck/upgrade/doorstep/scania_rcab_2009/
/vehicle/truck/upgrade/doorhandle/scania_rcab_2009/
/vehicle/truck/upgrade/share/
/vehicle/truck/upgrade/mirror/scania_rcab_2009/
/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/
/sound/truck/scania/
/sound/truck/noises/
/sound/truck/int/
/sound/truck/daf_eu6/
/sound/truck/ext/
/vehicle/truck/upgrade/badges/scania_rcab_2009/
/material/ui/accessory/cab_scania*
/material/ui/accessory/chassis_scania_*
/material/ui/accessory/light_square*
/material/ui/accessory/b_grill*
/material/ui/accessory/exhaust*
/ui/dashboard/scania_rcab_2009.sii
After this is finished you can repack the files into a zip archive and name it something like Vehicle_Scania T_RJL.scs.
Tip: Instead of copying the files from some already finished RJL Scania port, you can also copy the files from the extracted ETS2-base / ETS2-def archive and modify them.

Secondly we port over the 4-series addon:

# Go to /def/vehicle/truck_dealer/
- rename scania/ to volvo/
- edit scania.t4.sii: "@@brand_scania@@" to "@@brand_volvo@@" and "scania/scania_t_4s.sii" to "volvo/scania_2.sii"
- rename "scania.t4.sii" to "volvo.scaniat4.sii"
- rename volvo/scania_t_4s.sii to volvo/scania_2.sii
# Remove the line "interior_camera_oculus: camera.interior.scania.rcab.2009.oculus" from /def/vehicle/truck/scania.t4/data.sii
After you've successfully modified the files and folders, also repack this folder structure into a zip-archive and give it some useful name like Vehicle_Scania T 4-series_RJL.scs.

Congratulations, you've successfully ported the truck from ETS 2 over to ATS and you can now buy it at any Volvo dealer (e. g. in San Francisco)!

My recommended mod order:

Other_Cabin Accessories [from Mack Super-Liner]
Vehicle_Scania_Cabin Accessories DLC compatibility_RJL
Vehicle_Scania T 4-series_RJL
Vehicle_Scania T_RJL

syscrh

Re: Latest RJL Scania T (4-series) port

#176 Post by syscrh » 09 Oct 2017 17:13

One quick addition: You can use the Tandem modification for the Scania 4-, 5- and 6-series from MrCapital without any modifications (except for the 4-series). As a trailer you can use any tandem trailer port for ATS.

Pictures of the Scania 4-series as a tandem within North America.

defcon delts

#177 Post by defcon delts » 10 Oct 2017 02:28

Hey I tried this, but game crashed as soon as I started the truck engine, I have no knowledge in ats mod coding maybe got something wrong somewhere, wish authors would port their mods to ats and ets2, cause I love trucks with tons of modifications. And there are beautiful truck mods for est2.
Is there any chance this mod will be updated by soultech ?

syscrh

#178 Post by syscrh » 10 Oct 2017 05:53

Hey,

are you sure that you followed my instructions correctly? Because these are exactly the steps I did to port it over. I noted down every single operation, I've done to get it to work (and I've now driven over 7000 km with it and I didn't have a single crash with the 4-series Tandem).

Have you looked at your game.log? What does it say (if you want, you can post the output)? Sounds a bit like you might be missing sound files from ETS.

I forgot to say, that ATS and ETS 2 versions should match (e. g. 1.28) and that you should download the correct version of the truck from RJL for your game version. Personally I only tested this with 1.28!

xXCARL1992Xx

#179 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 10 Oct 2017 14:43

it is pretty easy to get ETS2 Trucks mods to ATS

i have just worked with the dev console to eliminate the errors and looked into other ETS2 to ATS truck posrts
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

syscrh

#180 Post by syscrh » 10 Oct 2017 16:09

It definitely is! But you have to gain the knowledge first on how to work with the files, how the folders are structured and how the game works. ;) But if you have that, most well-done mods (and RJL's mods are very well done (in my opinion)!!) seem to be easy to port.

I wouldn't even bother porting some chaotic mod, which is based on the 20th fork of some other mod (like some car mods are) ... But it would definitely be nice, if there'd be more people porting trucks over from ETS 2, since native ATS development is quite rare. That's unfortunate, as ATS is quite a nice game and there are so many Americans on the continent, so that there should be at least some having time to improve the map and truck mods ...

The only downside is, that you have to work through all of this every time there's a new version of the mod or the game released. Furthermore trailer mods seem to require much more effort to port, since the freight names in ETS 2 in ATS differ (this was a very bad idea from SCS in my opinion ... otherwise you could simply use trailer mods on both games without modification) and you have to adjust the file for each freight individually ... That's going to be my next project btw.: Make a port of the tandem trailers by MrCapital for all freights, so that I'm able to get around better with my tandem and don't have to search at every company if a tandem trailer is available for this specific freight ...

To all of the people who might want to say that a Scania doesn't fit into North America: The 4-series is now over 20 years old and you should at least be able to import it into Canada (and that's where my base is), as Canada seems to only require certification for a vehicle if it is younger than 15 years. As the 4-series is already older than that. you shouldn't need to modify it when importing. The same can be said for other vehicles, like the Volkswagen T4.
I agree that a tandem might not fit into America, but it probably would be possible to drive one there, as you should be able to haul standard trailers with a dolly.

Return to “Trucks”