Sound Fixes Pack v24.10 - ATS + ETS2 - 2024APR12 ⛽

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
-MLP-

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.02 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023JAN09

#2551 Post by -MLP- » 09 Jan 2023 11:36

Thanks for confirming it. For me even 100 is more than enough, but I play with both windows down. :D
Good to know that can be even louder if one needs it.
Ishlen

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.02 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023JAN09

#2552 Post by Ishlen » 09 Jan 2023 17:07

Thanks for the speed alert, thanks for adding a feature that should be in the game by default lol. Finally i can use it again!!

About the traffic sounds, i dont want to increase it further. I see no point. Because the volume should be adjusted in the fmod files, as i said, the problem is that the base vanilla traffic sounds are barely audible from the beginning.
It has been always a "problem". Anyways, its not something game breaking, just we will have to adjust to have a little less immersion than usual. For me, at least.

Also, there is a limit. It wont mattter how much you increase further the volume, the game will just ignore it. I already tried it.
Drive Safely

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.03 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023JAN11

#2553 Post by Drive Safely » 12 Jan 2023 06:01

We got a multi-seasonal update today!! v23.03 brings an enhanced lawn mower sound. It undoubtably works in making the game feel more lived in. And now the Winter sounds mod will mute it for realism's sake. :lol:

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v23.03 with the following changes:

Lawn mower sound improved:
- New detailed sound effect for the sound loop.
- Realistic distance attenuation - now you can hear it subtly further in the distance when someone is mowing the lawn.

Horn sound added to the International LoneStar trucks in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Horn sounds added to the International LT trucks in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
1 new horn sound effect added to the array for the 2021 DAF XG in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Slight increase in idle engine sound volume and change of tire noise for the 2021 DAF XG in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Changed tire noise for the Mack RD, International LoneStar, and International LT trucks in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Compatibility update for Winter sounds version 4.

-- Optional addon news --
Winter sounds version 4 now can mute the lawn mower sound effect (Sound Fixes Pack required to be enabled for this feature).
Winter sounds version 4 has muted another discovered forest bird ambient sound (Sound Fixes Pack required to be enabled for this feature).

Winter sounds changelog:

Version 4:

- Muted lawn mowing sound (Sound Fixes Pack required for this feature).
- Muted another forest bird ambient sound that was discovered (Sound Fixes Pack required for this feature).

Winter sounds download links:

Steam Workshop ETS2: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1268798385
Steam Workshop ATS: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1973049382

TruckyMods ETS2: https://truckymods.io/euro-truck-simula ... ounds-ets2
TruckyMods ATS: https://truckymods.io/american-truck-si ... sounds-ats

ShareMods ETS2: https://sharemods.com/6wcg3nnolhp4/Wint ... 2.scs.html
ShareMods ATS: https://sharemods.com/ul7fra3pkzer/Wint ... S.scs.html
Drive Safely

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.03 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023JAN11

#2554 Post by Drive Safely » 15 Jan 2023 05:25

I've updated the mod to v23.04 on the Steam Workshop, but I need some help deciding whether to keep a feature because I don't use a shifter, steering wheel, and pedal setup, so I'll let you decide the final verdict.

v23.04 aims to improve the experience of the default gear grinding sounds.

If you do float gears, please vote in the poll above with your experience of Sound Fixes Pack v23.04 on the Steam Workshop, as I am unable to test the "floating gears" aspect with a keyboard and mouse.
Do note that other truck mods and sound mods can change the gear grinding sounds for your truck, so it would be advisable to check on a profile without other mods if you don't notice a difference.

Here is the full changelog of v23.04:

Default grinding sound when engine speed and road speed are only slightly misaligned should now be less apparent.
- This feature is exclusive to users with manual gear shifters only (not applicable to keyboard and mouse).

Rework of default gear grinding sounds.
- Replaced 3 default gear grind / damaged gear sound effects.
- Added 3 new variations of default gear grind / damaged gear sound effects.
- Damaged gearbox sounds are now an interior sound to allow for a clearer sound in the cabin, with the tradeoff of no exterior sound.

Changed and added a few sound effects for the default air brake sound replacements, now totalling at 17 variations.
1 new additional variation of the default air cutoff sound for when the air compressor is unloaded by the governor.
Horn sounds added to the civilian 2013 Ford Taurus in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Engine and horn sounds added to the 2013 Ford Taurus police cars in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Slight increase in sound volume of some of the default air brake sound replacement sound effects.
Slight decrease in sound distance range of the lawn mower sound.
Drive Safely

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.05 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023JAN17

#2555 Post by Drive Safely » 18 Jan 2023 03:37

There's still a few days left to vote in the poll! Thanks to all who voted earlier. From the results at the moment though, it seems good enough to release. :)

42% of the base game AI traffic sounds are now complete ( +2%)!

[ external image ]

Pack updated with v23.05 with the following changes:
January 17, 2023
v23.05

Engine and horn sounds added to the civilian 2016 Ford Explorer Limited in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Engine sounds added to the Ford (Explorer) Utility Police Interceptors in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Revised the engine sound of the 2003 Ford Crown Victoria in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Minor sound adjustments for the International LoneStar and International LT trucks in AI traffic. [ATS edition]

Tweaks to the Sound Fixes Pack variant of the English Skye UK voice navigation option:
- Improved speaker effect for the last 'exit' word in the roundabout phrase.
- 'Go straight' phrase changed to 'Continue straight on'.

Recommended audio settings information in the text file and the Steam Workshop discussions topic updated.
"Safe Mode" for Sound Fixes Pack on the Steam Workshop now updated with the Skye UK voice navigation tweaks from v23.05.

===================================================================

January 14, 2023
v23.04

Default grinding sound when engine speed and road speed are only slightly misaligned should now be less apparent.
- This feature is exclusive to users with manual gear shifters only (not applicable to keyboard and mouse).

Rework of default gear grinding sounds.
- Replaced 3 default gear grind / damaged gear sound effects.
- Added 3 new variations of default gear grind / damaged gear sound effects.
- Damaged gearbox sounds are now an interior sound to allow for a clearer sound in the cabin, with the tradeoff of no exterior sound.

Changed and added a few sound effects for the default air brake sound replacements, now totalling at 17 variations.
1 new additional variation of the default air cutoff sound for when the air compressor is unloaded by the governor.
Horn sounds added to the civilian 2013 Ford Taurus in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Engine and horn sounds added to the 2013 Ford Taurus police cars in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Slight increase in sound volume of some of the default air brake sound replacement sound effects.
Slight decrease in sound distance range of the lawn mower sound.
Grizzly

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.05 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023JAN17

#2556 Post by Grizzly » 19 Jan 2023 11:29

I like where you're going with the gear grinding sounds, although maybe the sound when you do a really bad change could be louder. Though my engine is pretty loud so that might be drowning it out a bit.
SilverVisage2000

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.06 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023JAN23

#2557 Post by SilverVisage2000 » 23 Jan 2023 11:40

Does the latest sound fixes pack work in ets2 1.45 version as well? I am not using 1.46 because it's crashing constantly.
Drive Safely

#2558 Post by Drive Safely » 23 Jan 2023 21:12

AI traffic sound news
It's been a strong start to the year with steady progress being made for the AI traffic sounds. Later this year we can expect the majority of base game traffic sounds to be modded which will be fantastic for the game. :)

Optional addon news

Menu Music Remixes has been reworked! It is now titled 'Menu Music Remixes & Nostalgic Soundtracks' and has had the following changes:

- New soundtracks (including original themes from 18 Wheels of Steel & German Truck Simulator).
- Fixed the issue where the music would stop after customizing your truck for a long time.
- Added an extended version of the former truck upgrade music from pre-2014 ETS2.
- Updated mod title, description and images.
- Reduced file size.

You can download it on the Steam Workshop for ETS2, Steam Workshop for ATS, or ShareMods. Also for your information, Menu Music Remixes & Nostalgic Soundtracks is the exact same mod for both games.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Poll results

Thanks to everyone who voted in the poll regarding the mod's replacement for the default gear grinding sounds and if it sounds better for when almost perfectly floating gears. Despite the low sample size in the poll, it seems to have gone down well. :)

[ external image ]

Special mention

I want to give a special mention and thanks to Milan for featuring the reefer sound addon in this video!

Without further ado, here is the mod update!

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v23.06 with the following changes:

Engine and horn sounds added to the 2005 Ford Mondeo in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Engine sounds swapped to an Ecoboost engine sound for the civilian 2016 Ford Explorer Limited in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Improved tire noise for the Kenworth T800 trucks in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Some air brake sound effects introduced in v23.04 have now been added to the array for AI traffic trucks.
Recommended audio settings information updated in the text file and the Steam Workshop discussions topic.

@Grizzly - Thanks! Well it's good that the gear grinding sound is not tied to the engine sound slider setting. :)

@SilverVisage2000 - Not the latest. v22.68 is the 1.45 compatible version for Euro Truck Simulator 2. It's still supported for a little while on the Steam Workshop but you can get it on TruckyMods as well when that version falls out of support :)
nemanja694

#2559 Post by nemanja694 » 23 Jan 2023 23:00

I seen in gps voice settings there is reefer option, so my question with addon and that voice selected will I have always reefer sound or only when truck is stopped like before ?
Drive Safely

#2560 Post by Drive Safely » 24 Jan 2023 21:43

@nemanja694 - Yes unless you deselect the reefer option in the Voice Navigation settings. It's a workaround meant for owned trailers to let the sound play as you move

Return to “Sound”