Sound Fixes Pack v24.10 - ATS + ETS2 - 2024APR12 ⛽

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
dannybritty

Re: Sound Fixes Pack v22.96 - ATS + ETS2 - 2022NOV10

#2521 Post by dannybritty » 11 Nov 2022 16:27

Hello again, is there anyway to remove the strange random key clicking sounds inside the cabin ? Sounds like I am playing with keys or my money if you know what I mean, it was not there in previous version. Sounds a bit strange tbh, especially with custom sound engine mods. Maybe deleting interior_noise.soundref would fix the problem but I don't know if it will break anything else.
Drive Safely

Re: Sound Fixes Pack v22.98 - ATS + ETS2 - 2022NOV15

#2522 Post by Drive Safely » 15 Nov 2022 20:28

The anticipated Texas DLC is here! I've updated the mod for ATS 1.46.2.

Just so you know, there will be one more content update for the mod in December then I will be taking a well deserved break from modding until New Years Day 2023.

The Winter sounds mod will also be getting updates in time for the winter season in December. As you have probably noticed, 1.46 brought additional ambient sounds.
The next update for the Winter sounds mod will take away at least some of the sounds for insects that aren't heard much during winter, as well as a few more bonus features. ;)

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v22.98 with the following changes:
November 15, 2022
v22.98

1 new trailer coupling sound added to the array of trailer coupling sounds.
Horn sounds added to the 2022 Toyota Tundra (3rd generation) in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Minor adjustments to various AI traffic car and bus sounds.
Compatibility updates for the ATS 1.46.2 game update. [ATS edition]
Nokia ringtone (hurry up music replacement) is now shortened.
Removed V6 and I4 engine sounds from the 2015 Ford Mustang in AI traffic due to the present 5.0L emblem. The V8 sound remains.
Reduced "blanketing" of some 1.46 ambient insect sounds so they cover a smaller distance radius. [ATS edition]
(Other sound zones with ambient insect sounds will also be modded in due time)

Compatibility updates for the next version of the Winter sounds mod.

===================================================================

November 11, 2022
v22.97

Compatibility updates for the next version of the Winter sounds mod.
Removed some interior key noises for sharp/sudden cabin movements.
Revised engine sounds for the 2016 Toyota Corolla's (facelifted E170 international version) in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
@pmsrt - Good call. While it is intended for the buses to be louder than the cars, I have toned down some of the bus sounds a tad for v22.98.

If it sounds too loud from the interior view I recommend trying out the previous soundproofing addon for ETS2 and ATS. Apologies for the late reply.

@dannybritty - This was taken care of in v22.97 - but yes interior_noise.soundref is the sound reference file for it. Sorry for the late reply!
Grizzly

#2523 Post by Grizzly » 15 Nov 2022 23:18

Thanks Drive!
nemanja694

#2524 Post by nemanja694 » 16 Nov 2022 19:53

Have you added noise when you do sharper turns ? If yes man they sound god awful, previous ones are better
kingbobyjr

#2525 Post by kingbobyjr » 17 Nov 2022 03:17

Is this compatible with the Zee Mods sound mods?
SirDannyL

#2526 Post by SirDannyL » 19 Nov 2022 20:49

I would also be interested in this, because I use several zeemods sounds. No collision? Among the zeemods sounds, there are sounds that can be heard in the cabin, do they not conflict with this mod?
Drive Safely

#2527 Post by Drive Safely » 20 Nov 2022 11:55

Little developments:

I've been listening and driving with an open window in 1.46 ATS and I can confirm I can hear insects while driving relatively fast. While the idea is nice for insect ambient zones, they should not be heard so close to the truck while on the road.

Gradually the Sound Fixes Pack is modding more of the ambient soundscape, and insects are next on the list. My next problem to solve is to get the insect sounds further away from the road so they don't overpower the truck sounds, as well as keeping them in an accurate zone.

I am making some good progress so far with the sound mix, but further testing and driving is required before I release this for v22.99 in December. But I wanted you to know I'm working on it. :)

@Grizzly - You're welcome. :)

@nemanja694 - I've tested it with the Interior sound slider both at maximum and 50%. It simulates the cab rattle and sounds accurate to me. It's much less likely to play if you take turns smoothly, avoid driving over bumps quickly on the road, or brake too suddenly.

@kingbobyjr - Yes!

@SirDannyL - Yes all should work well with it. If you mean the Interior Noise Mod (ETS), it hasn't been updated recently and I suspect it's missing a soundref file in order to be compatible, but the Interior Noise Mod (ATS) will work in ETS2 and is compatible.
SirDannyL

#2528 Post by SirDannyL » 20 Nov 2022 12:07

I was thinking American truck simulator... ok thanks for the answer!
nemanja694

#2529 Post by nemanja694 » 20 Nov 2022 18:36

I made addon to bring standard scs ones, don't like those squeaks
Drive Safely

Re: Sound Fixes Pack v22.99 - ATS + ETS2 - 2022DEC01

#2530 Post by Drive Safely » 02 Dec 2022 02:35

Lots to talk about here as the largest update for the Sound Fixes Pack this year has now been released!

I wish you all a Happy Christmas season!🎄Content updates for this mod will resume in January 2023. The Winter sounds mod will get an update this month though, so stay tuned for that. :)

Please note I will keep an eye if the mod needs any compatibility updates through December - it's just content updates that are on pause.

[ external image ]

The v22.99 update notably introduces custom default variations of air cutoff sounds for when the air compressor is unloaded by the governor, improvements to the implementation of the new 1.46 insect, bird, and traffic ambient sounds (which quite a few have made feedback about), and many other changes.

This year is also the second year in a row with 99 content updates and a highly frequent update schedule. It's really nice to see the progress made so far, especially on the goal for completing the modification of the base game AI traffic sounds.

At the end of 2020, we had 2% of the base game traffic sounds modded.
At the end of 2021, we had 10% of the base game traffic sounds modded.
At the end of 2022, we now have 38% of the base game traffic sounds modded.

The progress has went faster and faster each year. A lot of the remaining % of base game traffic cars are police cars, which I may be able to reuse sounds for from the civilian variants of those, so I imagine we will see an even bigger jump in 2023. :o

If you haven't noticed already, the reefer sound addons (part of the Sound Fixes Pack Collection) have been updated to 1.46. Special thanks to LucaYT for the video showcase and tutorial.

Without further ado, here is the mod update!

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v22.99 with the following changes:

7 additional default variations of air cutoff sounds for when the air compressor is unloaded by the governor.
It adds to the 3 air cutoff sounds already existing in the base game.

Improved foreground layer of daytime bird chirping ambient sound effects.
- Bird sound position moved away from the truck to prevent hearing it too often with windows closed.
- Chirp frequency peaks at 4 AM in the morning.
- House sparrow (a common wild bird) bird chirp sound effects now also included.

The 1.46 city ambient sound event of vehicles passing would feel strange when no traffic is around:
- So this has now been modified to a much more distant traffic sound.
- The former sound effects might get merged into the Sound Fixes Pack AI traffic sounds in 2023. We'll see!

Reduced "blanketing" of some 1.46 background ambient insect sounds so that they can be further from the player's truck. [ATS edition]
2 new cricket ambient sounds added for the foreground cricket ambient insect sounds.
Engine and horn sounds added to the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer (pre-facelift) in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Tire sound effect added for one of the tractors in AI traffic.
Revised sounds of the Cessna 172.
Horn sound added to the 1947 Chevrolet Advance-Design 3100 and the 1947 Chevrolet Advance-Design Loadmaster. [ATS edition]
Slight increase in sound volume for the horn sound effects of the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS (X167) in AI traffic.
Adjusted 3D sound position for the sounds of flags in the wind.
Applied sound of flag in wind to some flags without sound.

-- Optional addon changes --
Reefer trailer sound addons for ETS2 and ATS have been updated for 1.46!

@nemanja694 - That's cool!

Return to “Sound”