Sound Fixes Pack v24.11 - ATS + ETS2 - 2024APR16 ⛽

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Drive Safely

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.32 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023APR28

#2601 Post by Drive Safely » 04 May 2023 12:09

The Sound Fixes Pack needs more time for the mod update v23.33.

I noted one of the MAN TGX 2014 trucks in AI traffic has a D38 and a 440 hp badge at the same time, which according to my research is not possible since D38 weren't made for that horsepower.

I ended up deciding to develop a different sound set for that one despite the D38 badge being present. So there will be two different engine sound sets for the MAN TGX Euro 6 in AI traffic.

Sometime after the Coronation Weekend the AI traffic sounds for the MAN TGX 2014 (Euro 6) will be ready. MAN TGX 2020 sounds may also be included so that I can have it ready to go if the truck gets added to AI traffic. ;)
Drive Safely

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.33 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023MAY09

#2602 Post by Drive Safely » 10 May 2023 04:45

54% of the base game AI traffic sounds are now complete ( +1%)!

Now that the 7z archive for the mod via the ShareMods link has surpassed 100 MB, I will start including the megabyte size for the ShareMods download link in the original post.
There is no formal definition for a lightweight mod, but one thing for sure is that the mod packs a lot of value and features for its size. :) I'm satisfied that most computers that meet the minimum requirements for ETS2 and ATS still have enough space for this mod today.

Without further ado, here is the mod update!

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v23.33 with the following changes:

1 new trailer coupling sound variant added to the array.
1 new variant of the sound effect after lifting the trailer leg up has been added to the array.
1 new suspension / tire bump sound effect added to the array.
Engine and horn sounds added to the 2014 MAN TGX 18.440 and the 2014 MAN TGX 26.640 in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Engine and horn sounds added to the 2003 Chevrolet Express in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Reduced idle sound volume for the 2008 GMC Sierra in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Drive Safely

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.34 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023MAY15

#2603 Post by Drive Safely » 15 May 2023 11:00

Small mod update today due to ongoing technical difficulties, so I haven't had much time as expected for sound modding. But let's keep making progress.

I also want to give thanks to Toast for featuring the Sound Fixes Pack in this video! Very appreciated. 8-)

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v23.34 with the following changes:

Engine sounds added to the 2011 Ford F-650 in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Improved tire noise for the 2017 Neoplan Tourliner (2nd generation) in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]

Dropped support for the 1.46 game version on the Steam Workshop in preparation for 1.48.
Drive Safely

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.35 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023MAY16

#2604 Post by Drive Safely » 17 May 2023 01:00

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v23.35 with the following changes:

Compatibility update for ETS2 1.47.2. [ETS2 edition]
More horn sounds added to the 2009 and 2014 MAN TGX trucks in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
1 new trailer coupling sound variant added to the array.
Preparations for sound set for the 2020 MAN (TG3) TGX AI traffic sound. [ETS2 edition]

-- Optional addon news --
Previous soundproofing for ETS2 has also been updated on the Steam Workshop and TruckyMods for the MAN TGX 2020.
Drive Safely

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.36 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023MAY21

#2605 Post by Drive Safely » 21 May 2023 12:16

Now that the popular Freightliner Cascadia is sound modded in AI traffic, 55% of the base game AI traffic sounds are now complete ( +1%)! :)

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v23.36 with the following changes:

Engine and horn sounds added to the 2019 Freightliner Cascadia in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Applied engine sounds to other variants of the 2011 Ford F-650 in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Patch for missing AI traffic sound included for the Pierce Arrow XT fire trucks in ProMods Canada v1.2.3. [ATS edition]
Additional acceleration sound effect for the 2009 MAN TGX truck in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Drive Safely

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.37 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023MAY26

#2606 Post by Drive Safely » 26 May 2023 23:38

56% of the base game AI traffic sounds are now complete ( +1%)! :)

Removal of Driver Alert Support feature

I've given it some thought - I think it's a good time for the rudimentary Driver Alert Support feature that activates on grass terrain, which is more like an Easter egg or hidden feature, to be removed in v23.38, the mod version after this one.
With the Emergency Braking System added to the game, which can easily be configured in the gameplay settings and will continue to be fine-tuned, and the recent addition of blind spot auditory alerts (see 2018 Volvo VNL) that can be on a per truck basis, the game has advanced to the point where the modern trucks can have enough alerts.

The "Disable Driver Alert Support" addon on the Steam Workshop will soon be in a phase-out mode, but will remain on the Steam Workshop until the next open beta. This is to give time for people using older versions of the Sound Fixes Pack and people on an older game version.
There will be instructions in the addon description to get a local copy of the addon in case you still need it for an older mod or game version. Then it will be eventually deleted from the Steam Workshop. I'm not a fan of having many addons to maintain.

This move should pave the way for a different feature though. More on that in the next mod update if successful. 8-)

Without further ado, here is the mod update!

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v23.37 with the following changes:

Engine sounds added to the TAM 260 T in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Fully reworked engine sounds for the 1959 Cadillac Sedan de Ville in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Engine and horn sounds added to the 2016 Ford Transit ambulance seen in Colorado in AI traffic. [ATS edition]

Previous soundproofing for ATS updated for the 2018 Volvo VNL. (Steam Workshop, TruckyMods, ShareMods)
nemanja694

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.37 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023MAY26

#2607 Post by nemanja694 » 27 May 2023 08:58

RIP to the one of the oldest features of this mod
Drive Safely

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.38 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023MAY31

#2608 Post by Drive Safely » 31 May 2023 12:08

A poll for fun

I've added a poll because it's quiet on this side of the forum. I'm interested to hear how you normally enjoy the game. Please feel free to tick all the options that apply to you! The poll will end in a week.

Because I'm often sound modding I rarely get much of a chance to listen to music while playing the game, but when I do it's supreme when there's a moment when so many good songs are on the radio in a sequence.

Shoutout to the community-run radio stations, Simulator Radio and TruckersFM, for continuing to serve great vibes all these years! :)

Update for ownable trailer reefer sound workaround

Some of you have got the news already, but yes you can hear the reefer sound while the truck is not moving when using the ownable trailer workaround in Sound Fixes Pack v23.38!

For maximum compatibility, other road and tire noise sound mods must be disabled to get the reefer sound when the truck is not moving. The process for the ownable trailer workaround is basically the same.

I don't think there is more I can do within the game limitations with the reefer sound without overcomplicating things, but it's great to be able to make this possible for everyone with owned reefer trailers.

I hope this will inspire reefer sounds to be available in the base game!

A very special thanks to A. P. 101 Gaming for this video demonstrating how to use the ownable trailer workaround to activate and deactivate the reefer sound:

Municipal Police Traffic Pack is error free now

I'm happy to say the 1.47 dangling pointer errors caused by using both the Municipal Police Traffic Pack for ATS and the Sound Fixes Pack together are eliminated now.

I worked out an alternate solution by adding some redundancy to allow the unused traffic object definition that's being pointed by Municipal Police Traffic Pack to be read.
This should keep the Municipal Police Traffic Pack going for 1.47 even while the maker of that mod is on break. Thanks again to @Utgard for telling me about the error.

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v23.38 with the following changes:

The ownable trailer workaround for enabling reefer trailer sounds now ALSO works when the truck is not moving.
Now you can park up with an owned reefer trailer, modded or vanilla, and listen to the sounds! :)

The steps for the ownable trailer workaround are as follows:

1. Go into the Audio settings.
2. In the voice navigation menu, select "~ Function - Force enable reefer sound".
3. Click the Preview button.
4. Select a different voice navigation option OR uncheck the voice navigation.
5. If you want to turn off the reefer sound, detaching the trailer will work in most cases. Otherwise restart the game.

----

In favor of the Emergency Brake System PLUS additional reefer sound support,
the alert sound effect for driving on the grass at high speed has been removed.

Minor sound balancing for some base game AI traffic cars. [ATS edition]
Definition file redundancy has been added for error free gameplay with the Municipal Police Traffic Pack. [ATS edition]

"Disable Driver Alert Support" addon is no longer necessary for Sound Fixes Pack v23.38 and later.

BONUS NOTE: If you've read this far congratulations! I suspect some will try to mix the ownable trailer workaround with the Freight Market SCS reefer trailers modded by the reefer sound addon. While the owned reefer trailer workaround is intended for owned trailers only, you can actually use it for reefer trailers in the Freight Market, Quick Jobs, and External Contracts to get the reefer sound when stopped at a traffic light for example. But I advise to activate the workaround after the reefer startup sound effect (after trailer is attached) has played and only if you know what you're doing, otherwise there is a chance of doubling the reefer sound loop.
Desperado

#2609 Post by Desperado » 31 May 2023 21:44

thanks so much for your time for this "must have" mod!!!
Always drive safely and appropriately - in simulation as well as in real life ;)
furie

#2610 Post by furie » 02 Jun 2023 05:34

@Drive Safely hello. Can you please tell, how can i remove some wind noises on the highway?
You can hear that noises on this videos:
https://youtu.be/8v0HFrYsLxc at 00:22 and 00:48
https://youtu.be/YhpLMy6nQ-8 at 00:02
Thanks.

Return to “Sound”