Sound Fixes Pack v24.07 - ATS + ETS2 - 2024MAR21 ⛽

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Milan1NL

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.27 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023APR05

#2591 Post by Milan1NL » 05 Apr 2023 22:41

Ty!
***My English is not very good with spelling or something like that***
[ external image ]
ETS2 gamer since the first day when it comes out!
My Screenshot topic | My World Of Trucks
[ external image ]
Drive Safely

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.28 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023APR08

#2592 Post by Drive Safely » 09 Apr 2023 04:25

Whoa, we're halfway there!

[ external image ]

That's right! Globally 50% ( +1%)! of the base game AI traffic is now modded by the Sound Fixes Pack with individual engine sounds. It's so great to finally achieve this pivotal milestone just under 3 years after the introduction of FMOD, considering there's more sounds involved.
And the best part? Achieving the remaining 50% won't take that many years. ;)

By now surely some of you have noticed some unique engine sounds and horn sounds from the AI traffic at least once. I know the forum community here is more quiet than it used to be, but for those lurking I'm happy if you're enjoying the sounds. :)

I think in a few weeks time the pendulum will swing back to Euro Truck Simulator 2 for AI traffic sounds, as American Truck Simulator clearly has the bigger share of AI traffic sounds.

I know there is an appetite for the remaining trucks and European locomotives to have modded sounds. It's my goal to complete the rest. There are a small number of sound sets I'd like to eventually go back and rework too, because I'm not just aspiring to make it simply 'better than the vanilla game', but also 'an immersive AI traffic sound'.

And without further ado, here is the mod update! Enjoy. :)

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v23.28 with the following changes:

Engine and horn sounds added to the 2015 Chevrolet City Express in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Engine sounds applied to the 2017 Ford F-350 glass transporter variant in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Reworked engine sounds for the DAF XG+ 2021 in AI traffic, with some usage of the new recorded sounds in 1.47. [ETS2 edition]
Added distant airplane sounds to the airplanes flying with contrails behind. [ETS2 edition]
Drive Safely

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.29 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023APR13

#2593 Post by Drive Safely » 13 Apr 2023 10:12

It's really cool to see the Sound Fixes Pack featured in Milan's mod compilation video! :) That 50% base game AI traffic sound completion is really being felt now, because there's quite a nice selection of the mod's AI traffic sounds featured there at 6:21 in the video!

Also a big thank you to AlphaProject for featuring the Sound Fixes Pack in his Top 10 Best Mods for ETS2 video! Nice showcase of the sounds at 6:35 in the video. :)

With the v23.29 update of the mod and with the game update 1.47 released, the mod is now at 51% ( +1%) completion of the base game AI traffic sounds. :D

Players who need to stay on 1.46 for a while longer should use v23.18 of the mod.

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v23.29 with the following changes:

Engine and horn sounds added to the 2015 Cadillac ATS (Alpha Touring Sedan) in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Horn sounds added to the 2023 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Engine and horn sounds added to the 2014 Iveco Daily in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Drive Safely

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.30 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023APR18

#2594 Post by Drive Safely » 19 Apr 2023 05:04

The Sound Fixes Pack reached a milestone recently on the Euro Truck Simulator 2 Steam Workshop! It is an honor to see the mod reach triple digits for the Gotta Have It Steam Award. :shock: Many thanks!

[ external image ]

A special thanks also to Vutomy for featuring the Sound Fixes Pack in this video!

Some of you asked about the status of the 1.47 compatibility for the reefer sound and winter sound addons. They are both working.

You can get the reefer sound download links here: viewtopic.php?t=299112

Winter sounds will get a formal update later on but you can carry on using version 4.

Without further ado, here is the mod update! It even includes a bug fix for American Truck Simulator. Salt Lake City gets to have one of their police cars back. :)

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v23.30 with the following changes:

Fixed bug from the vanilla game where the Chevrolet Impala police car for Salt Lake City did not spawn. Sounds included. [ATS edition]
Engine and horn sounds added to the 2003 Volkswagen Golf Mk5 (Rabbit / Typ 1K) in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Engine sounds added to the Freightliner Sprinter Forest River Solera motorhome in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Enhanced the locomotive engine sound for the MotivePower MPXpress MP36PH-3C. [ATS edition]
Updated horn sound for when close to the FrontRunner train in Utah. [ATS edition]
FrontRunner train in Utah will now no longer be required to use the horn at railroad crossings ('quiet zone' on its route). [ATS edition]
Minor improvement to the spatialization for the reworked default reverse beeper sound.
Minor sound balancing for a few AI traffic engine sounds. [ATS edition]
Removed some more noticeably repetitive distant ambient traffic sound loops (default sound effect). [ATS edition]
Removed the Special Transport DLC sound implementations that are non-operational in 1.47 but did work in 1.46. [ATS edition]
Utgard

#2595 Post by Utgard » 22 Apr 2023 06:32

Hi @Drive Safely, first of all, thank you for making and updating this mod.
Oddly enough, there's a conflict with the gabenz88's Municipal Police Traffic Pack - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... ext=police
Each mod used alone is fine, it's the combination together on 1.47(I did the clean profile).
Is there something you can do on your end? Is this something I should tell gabenz88 about?

00:00:12.707 : <ERROR> [unit] File '</steamapps/workshop/content/270880/2111420509/police.zip | >/def/country/california/traffic.gabenz.noscs.sii':
00:00:12.707 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1f5.880a.bdc0' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.chevy_imp_p') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:00:12.707 : <ERROR> [unit] File '</steamapps/workshop/content/270880/2111420509/police.zip | >/def/country/california/traffic.gabenz.noscs.sii':
00:00:12.707 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.chevy_imp_p' looks like dangling pointer.
00:00:12.709 : <ERROR> [unit] File '<steamapps/workshop/content/270880/2111420509/police.zip | >/def/country/nevada/traffic.gabenz.noscs.sii':
00:00:12.710 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1f5.8809.f1c0' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.chevy_imp_p') in the attribute named 'object'.

Cheers!
Drive Safely

#2596 Post by Drive Safely » 22 Apr 2023 08:28

Hi @Utgard - thank you for your comment and bringing the issue to my attention. I see, it's one of those problems where fixing a bug causes another bug. :o

That error would have only appeared a few days ago with the Sound Fixes Pack v23.30 mod update.
The reason is that the Sound Fixes Pack now includes a bug fix for the Chevrolet Impala police car for Salt Lake City so that it can spawn, because in the vanilla game it doesn't spawn at all for Salt Lake City in Utah.
This is done in the same file where the Sound Fixes Pack adds sounds to the car.

You don't get that error with only the Municipal Traffic Pack loaded because in the vanilla game the Chevrolet Impala police car is bugged and does not appear in AI traffic, and thus its absence does not produce an error.
But of course the dangling pointer issue happens with the combination of the two mods, because the Sound Fixes Pack only uses one unit name for the Chevrolet Impala police car, whereas the vanilla game uses two.

The one that is unused by the Sound Fixes Pack has the same Salt Lake City livery as the used one, but appeared to be intended as a generic livery. But I only need the one unit name that is actually referenced by the vanilla game, so that's why I can only use one.

Now, as the Municipal Traffic Pack REMOVES all the original police cars made by SCS and brings its own replacements, I'm assuming /def/country/california/traffic.gabenz.noscs.sii in the Municipal Traffic Pack is setting the spawn to zero for that car.
This is redundant because def/vehicle/ai/chevy_imp_p.sui already has its spawn ratio set to zero by default and is set to appear only in Salt Lake City. The mod should not need to set it to zero by country/state, because that would be tedious when another state DLC comes out.

So I think the fix is to remove the lines for the SCS Chevrolet Impala in those def/country/ folders. This will have to be Municipal Traffic Pack's responsibility, because the Sound Fixes Pack is a sound mod and there's nothing I can do with sounds in the country definition folders...

I don't think @gabenz88 is active in the forum these days, but I trust you can relay the information?
Utgard

#2597 Post by Utgard » 22 Apr 2023 12:11

Hi @Drive Safely thank you for the quick response and the clarification.
And I can confirm that removing "chevy_imp_p" from the def/country/* fixed the issue in question.

I was going to add this as a comment on Steam, but you already did it, so thanks again!

Cheers!
The Dude

#2598 Post by The Dude » 22 Apr 2023 14:30

Thank you for fixing that issue and your reply on the Steam forum to my paste.
"Gamers Are Not Beta Testers"
Drive Safely

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.31 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023APR23

#2599 Post by Drive Safely » 23 Apr 2023 08:53

52% of the base game AI traffic sounds are now complete ( +1%)!

Special thanks to Vutomy for featuring the Sound Fixes Pack as a must have mod for Euro Truck Simulator 2!

Without further ado, here is the mod update!

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v23.31 with the following changes:

Engine and horn sounds added to the 2013 Buick Enclave (1st generation, refreshed) in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Engine and horn sounds added to the 1998 SEAT Toledo Mk2 (Typ 1M) in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Drive Safely

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.32 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023APR28

#2600 Post by Drive Safely » 29 Apr 2023 05:55

Giving some appreciation for the Euro 5 MAN TGX in this mod update. ;) 53% of the base game AI traffic sounds are now complete ( +1%)!

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v23.32 with the following changes:

Engine (Euro 5) and horn sounds added to the 2009 MAN TGX in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Reworked 5.0L V8 engine sounds for the 2015 Ford Mustang GT in AI traffic.
Horn sounds added to the Freightliner Sprinter Forest River Solera motorhome in AI traffic. [ATS edition]

Return to “Sound”