Sound Fixes Pack v24.11 - ATS + ETS2 - 2024APR16 ⛽

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
-MLP-

Re: Sound Fixes Pack v22.99 - ATS + ETS2 - 2022DEC01

#2531 Post by -MLP- » 02 Dec 2022 11:55

Happy holidays! Thank you for this awesome mod!
twins

#2532 Post by twins » 02 Dec 2022 12:10

Thank you for your continued updates to this great mod. Wishing you and yours a peaceful Christmas.
Drive Safely

#2533 Post by Drive Safely » 10 Dec 2022 00:53

⛄ Grimes has released his Frosty Winter mod for 1.46 for both Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator now!

To go along with that, my optional Winter sounds mod (part of the Sound Fixes Pack Collection) has been updated to version 3 to complement it.

Version 3 brings some exclusive features when used along with the Sound Fixes Pack to better simulate the winter experience.

[ external image ]

Changelog:

Exclusive features when used along with the Sound Fixes Pack:

- Less insect and bird ambient sounds due to the snowy winter season.
- Sound of air conditioning system on the Tesla Model S in AI traffic when the player camera is near the hood of the car. [ATS only]
- Limited spawn of non-winter-oriented base game AI traffic vehicles such as open top vehicles and ice cream vans.

Download links:

Steam Workshop ETS2: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1268798385
Steam Workshop ATS: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1973049382

TruckyMods ETS2: https://truckymods.io/euro-truck-simula ... ounds-ets2
TruckyMods ATS: https://truckymods.io/american-truck-si ... sounds-ats

ShareMods ETS2: https://sharemods.com/3xjnhm88r821/Wint ... s.scs.html
ShareMods ATS: https://sharemods.com/7t1vmkozf3aa/Wint ... S.scs.html

Before anyone asks, I was initially considering letting the open top vehicles still spawn in traffic, but the game doesn't appear to have driver models with the suitable winter wear for the season like beanies or gloves.
I felt it would be too cold for them!

@-MLP- - Thanks!! :)

@twins - Thanks for your wishes :)
Ishlen

#2534 Post by Ishlen » 12 Dec 2022 15:35

Sadly this mod is causing conflicts with Cip's real traffic sounds. Even placing the mod above yours, traffic sounds are mostly broken. So, unfortunately until its fixed no more sound fixes pack for me

EDIT: Ok, so i was wrong. I discussed with Cip and even without sound fixes pack, vehicle sounds are still breaking and cuting-off. We dont have a clue whats happening. Im doing tests with sound fixes pack but its difficult cuz the amount of sounds done for traffic is very limited so its going to take a while. But i hope nothing changed in 1.46 about fmod.
nemanja694

#2535 Post by nemanja694 » 27 Dec 2022 20:47

You need to fix rain sounds, it is cutting when using truck sound mods and also there is just some strange sound like something rattles just before sound starts to loop
Drive Safely

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.00 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023JAN01

#2536 Post by Drive Safely » 02 Jan 2023 02:27

The Sound Fixes Pack has made it to 2023! I'm back from my modding hiatus. It was nice to have a break and come back rejuvenated for a new year.

Obviously some things have happened since the v22.99 mod update, namely the wonderful Christmas Reflections event which I've been enjoying, and the change allowing dedicated servers.
If there's any mod implications I need to know about for dedicated servers, please let me know... because I am not an expert on the topic.

For the first mod update of 2023, I have put my focus on enhancing the Sound Fixes Pack English voice navigation variants. Although it's for an optional aspect of the game, it is still good to improve sounds when there is room for improvement.
The standout favorite change for me is the new speed signal chime. It's now a more gentler sound than the default 'three little pings'. The sound banks are now more storage optimized too, much less than the 1000+ kilobytes you would get in the base game options. :)

Due to time constraints, I still have the Doug Raspy option left to update. It'll be updated soon.

It's been awesome to receive an award on the Steam Workshop almost every week in the past year. Many thanks to the community for the continued support!

I hope 2023 will see some progress on seasons and reefer sounds from SCS Software. I already have plans set to retire the Winter sounds mod and Reefer sound addons if these features become part of the base game.
I have retired optional addons before (e.g. police siren sound when police cars were added to the game's traffic, open truck window sound when openable windows arrived) so who knows what the future will hold. But for now, you can use the existing mods in the Sound Fixes Pack Collection. ;)

Furthermore, I want to give a special thanks to TheAlive55 for the mention of the Winter sounds mod in this winter mod setup video!

Also special thanks to Vutomy for featuring the Sound Fixes Pack in this fun video!

And special thanks to Neranjana for including the Sound Fixes Pack in this Best Steam Workshop Mods video!

Without further ado, here is the mod update!

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v23.00 with the following changes:

Engine sounds added to the 2013 Dacia Duster (1st generation, facelifted) in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Increased sound volume of railroad crossing bells. [ATS edition]

Several quality of life improvements to the Sound Fixes Pack variants of the English Doug/Skye UK and US voice navigation options:
- New chime for the audible warning when going over the speed limit if using the Sound option.
- Reuse of words with best vocal clarity.
- Balanced sound volume of the phrase for when going over the speed limit if using the Voice option.
- Marginal enhancements to the speaker effect so it sounds even more like it's being emitted inside the truck.
- All 4 modded voice navigation options now have less file size combined than what would fit in one equivalent voice navigation option.

-- Optional addon news --
Winter sounds mod has been updated to version 3 - great for use with Frosty winter and the Sound Fixes Pack.

@Ishlen - Nothing would have changed in FMOD in 1.46... but there were changes to AI traffic spawning. Sound Fixes Pack takes the game engine into consideration for its sounds. If there are sounds cutting off in Cip's mod, I would guess a possibility is that traffic is despawning nearby, because despawning will cut off the sound too. As Cip's traffic sounds are louder generally this issue would be more noticeable, while Sound Fixes Pack determines the loudness of each vehicle individually based on real life. Cars like the Lamborghini Huracán and the buses like the MCI MC-12 in the Sound Fixes Pack are more loud, for example, but I still don't think you'd notice the sound cut off with Cip's sound mod disabled unless the player camera is out of the driveable map or if you're in a crowded multiplayer Convoy.

@nemanja694 - Which truck sound mods?
nemanja694

#2537 Post by nemanja694 » 02 Jan 2023 09:35

With new Max's sounds, it only brakes yours, others like realistic rain, realistic rain by kass sounds don't cut
Ishlen

#2538 Post by Ishlen » 02 Jan 2023 19:35

nemanja694 wrote: 02 Jan 2023 09:35 With new Max's sounds, it only brakes yours, others like realistic rain, realistic rain by kass sounds don't cut
I was talking about traffic, it has nothing to do with other sound sources.

In any case, i just removed cip's traffic mod because im not the only one experiencing those cuts, must be something coming from the mod itself, althou cip says everything is fine (im not so sure...).
Im also using jazzycat's motorcycle pack and your mod and i dont experience any cut coming from those. So case closed :p

I think this is the last time i gave it a chance to cip's mod. Tried in the past and for one reason or another i ended up uninstalling it.

Glad that you are including sounds for vanilla traffic so at least we have the perfect replacement...
Ishlen

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.01 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023JAN05

#2540 Post by Ishlen » 06 Jan 2023 19:31

@Drive Safely Would be great if you could raise the volume of the traffic sounds in ETS2. Can barely hear em. For me traffic sounds are probably the main immersive push when i drive.
Also it would be to difficult to add a voice navigation that includes only the speed warning? so we can use it without the actual voice navigation...

Return to “Sound”