Sound Fixes Pack v24.11 - ATS + ETS2 - 2024APR16 ⛽

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Drive Safely

Re: Sound Fixes Pack v22.71 - ATS + ETS2 - 2022OCT08

#2501 Post by Drive Safely » 10 Oct 2022 05:49

30% of the base game AI traffic sounds are now complete ( +1%)!

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v22.71 with the following changes:
October 8, 2022
v22.71

Engine sounds added to the Sterling Acterra in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Engine and horn sounds added to the 2016 Isuzu NPR in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Compatibility updates for the ATS 1.46 open beta. [ATS edition]

===================================================================

October 7, 2022
v22.70

Brought back feature:
- cabin and key noises when suddenly stopping, steering dramatically, or driving over bumps/curbs.
- sound plays in the interior view and the sound effect volume is controlled by the interior sound slider.
- some key sound samples courtesy of Balamut.
@KrysEmlyn - Thank you! I realized after publishing that the Isuzu NPR is branded as a Chevrolet Low Cab Forward in America and is included in ATS. That's great because I can reuse the sound there.

I've got it working in my development for the upcoming version, to be made available shortly. :) I'll also soon work on harvester sounds - good idea.
KrysEmlyn

Re: Sound Fixes Pack v22.71 - ATS + ETS2 - 2022OCT08

#2502 Post by KrysEmlyn » 12 Oct 2022 00:21

Thank you for the harvester sounds with the recent update.
I've patched my local files accordingly. ;)
Drive Safely

Re: Sound Fixes Pack v22.75 - ATS + ETS2 - 2022OCT14

#2503 Post by Drive Safely » 14 Oct 2022 11:19

What a busy week it's been! While the 1.46 open beta is ongoing, it's a great opportunity for me to prepare new sound features on the 1.46 edition of the mod before 1.46 officially releases.

AI traffic

32% of the base game AI traffic sounds are now complete ( +2%)!
Some of the more recent sound additions involve AI traffic vehicles added in 1.46. The pickup truck that has been teased for a long time now appears, and it has been given its distinctive sounds in the mod. ;)

Interior cabin noises

Some of you may have noticed already with the new mod update that there's new interior cabin and key noises. This is to try to simulate sound effects heard in a truck cabin like the rattle noise for a bit more immersion.

I've added a poll to gauge your opinion on this. Please vote to let me know. :) The poll closes in 7 days.

1.46 SCS ambient sound changes

I've noticed some nice sound effects from SCS Software in ambient sounds in the 1.46 open beta. The nature sounds at a timber harvest site were especially nice to listen to.

It may be a long way away until I get time to work more on ambient sound mixes, but it's good to know that the default sounds are getting improved to a point that I may not need to mod much of it anyway.

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v22.75 with the following changes:
October 13, 2022
v22.75

V8 engine and horn sounds added to the 1971 Ford F-100 in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
5 new interior cabin rattle noises added for when suddenly stopping, steering dramatically, or driving over bumps/curbs.

October 12, 2022
v22.74

1 new interior cabin noise added for when suddenly stopping, steering dramatically, or driving over bumps/curbs.
3 new air brake sounds added to the default air brake sound array and for the AI traffic truck sound array.

October 10, 2022
v22.73

Engine sounds added to the combine harvester in AI traffic.

October 10, 2022
v22.72

Engine and horn sounds added to the 2016 Chevrolet Low Cab Forward in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Brought back a key swing sound effect when driving over bumps/curbs.
@KrysEmlyn - You're welcome - we can look forward to hearing the combine harvester now :)
LitoS72

#2504 Post by LitoS72 » 15 Oct 2022 09:00

Hello. Great mod. Im suscribed from steam workshop.
One dude. Individual sound trucks mods load above o under this mod?
Thank you.
Drive Safely

#2505 Post by Drive Safely » 15 Oct 2022 23:48

@LitoS72 - Thank you! :)

They can be above or under the mod because they generally won't conflict. My preference is to place them under the mod
-MLP-

#2506 Post by -MLP- » 16 Oct 2022 17:12

Hi!

I've been using this mod for awhile and I just realized that by enabling this mod the rain sensors in International 9900i won't work anymore.
Is this made with a text file? I want to re-enable the rain sensors but I don't know what file to edit.
I use 1.46 beta.
Drive Safely

#2507 Post by Drive Safely » 17 Oct 2022 00:04

@-MLP- - On the 1.46 beta, the rain sensors are working for me in the International 9900i (it is also my main truck). The wipers correctly stop wiping automatically when the rain has stopped, and the wiper speed changes automatically based on the rain conditions.

As SCS Software mentioned on the blog:
This feature is active when you set the wipers of your vehicle to the first position.
It is not exactly easy to tell in the International 9900i if the wiper is in the first position, so perhaps you had it in a different position unintentionally, such as the off position?
-MLP-

#2508 Post by -MLP- » 17 Oct 2022 12:23

That's the thing. I made a new profile to check what mod causes this and it only happens with your mod. I don't know why.

Then I removed the mod from my main profile and the sensor is working there too.

Yes, the sensor is checked in settings and I only press P once to activate the first phase of wipers.

If you say that your mod is not causing this, then I'm lost, because I don't know what else could be when you mod is the only one active on a brand new profile.

There are no problems with it on other trucks.

Anyway, thank you for the mod and for the reply!
FilMit

#2509 Post by FilMit » 17 Oct 2022 19:14

@Drive Safely
Without your mods, the game is no longer possible for me personally.
You, Drive Safely, and Kriechbaum just have to work for SCS, full-time.
Drive Safely

Re: Sound Fixes Pack v22.77.1 - ATS + ETS2 - 2022OCT19

#2510 Post by Drive Safely » 19 Oct 2022 11:50

Hey all - happy 10 years of ETS2!

The v22.77.1 pack is ready - although for your information, the ETS2 edition will have the version number v22.77 as it doesn't require an extra compatibility update. Here is some news:

Rear engine positioning for AI traffic

If you remember the back of the bus having a louder engine sound than the front, you have been in a bus with the engine at the back!

I'm glad to say we have support now to simulate this in game for the buses modded with custom sounds in AI traffic. I tried to get this working in a previous FMOD or game version, but the compatibility was not there yet back then.
Tip to avoid version mismatches in Convoy

If you're using the Steam Workshop version of the mod in Convoy and one or more players are getting a version mismatch error with the Sound Fixes Pack, I found that you can get the updated mod content applied instantly by verifying the integrity of the game files for the game.

At least it's worked every time for me.

[ external image ]

The normal scenario however will be that you get the mod content automatically, but this tip is still useful to know just in case of a mismatch.
Changes to original post

I noticed the image host sometimes had a slow connection to render the images on the forum topic, so I'm reducing the reliance on images to allow the entire original post to load faster for a better experience.

I've also formatted the headings so they can be read easier with both the SCS and the prosilver forum theme.
Without further ado, here is the mod update!

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v22.77.1 with the following changes:
October 18, 2022
v22.77.1

Compatibility updates for the ATS 1.46 open beta. [ATS edition]

October 18, 2022
v22.77

Rear positioned engine sounds added to the first generation Temsa TS 35 coach bus in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
3D positioned engine sounds to the rear of the coach bus for the Temsa Opalin coach bus in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]

October 15, 2022
v22.76

3D positioned engine sounds to the rear of the bus for the MCI MC-12 bus in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Applied engine and horn sounds to the Belgium police variant of the 2009 Audi A6 (C6 generation) in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Compatibility updates for the ETS2 1.46 open beta. [ETS2 edition]
@-MLP- - Hi,

If you look in the mod contents you won't find anything I've touched for the International specifically, so that's why I can only suspect some user error, or perhaps the DLC International® 9900i is not fully correct on your PC - maybe try verifying the integrity of the game files?

@FilMit - Thank you. Sounds are so important for sure :)

Return to “Sound”