Sound Fixes Pack v24.11 - ATS + ETS2 - 2024APR16 ⛽

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Drive Safely

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.01 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023JAN05

#2541 Post by Drive Safely » 06 Jan 2023 22:59

The International LT and the International LoneStar finally receives modded AI traffic sounds in the v23.01 mod update. :) 40% of the base game AI traffic sounds are now complete ( +2%)!

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v23.01 with the following changes:

Engine sounds added to the International LT and the International LoneStar trucks in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
- These sounds make use of a new mix of realistic tire noise at highway speeds!

Horn sound added to the 2013 Dacia Duster (1st generation, facelifted) in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Slight increase of sound size for the default reverse beeper sound.
Slight increase in sound volume for air brake sound when the service brake is lightly tapped.
Balanced sound volume for several phrases in the Sound Fixes Pack English Doug/Skye UK and US voice navigation variants.

Several quality of life improvements for the Sound Fixes Pack variant of the English Doug [Raspy] voice navigation option:
- New chime for the audible warning when going over the speed limit if using the Sound option.
- Reuse of words with best vocal clarity.
- Balanced sound volume of the phrase for when going over the speed limit if using the Voice option.
- Marginal enhancements to the speaker effect so it sounds even more like it's being emitted inside the truck.
- Sound file size optimized.

"Safe Mode" for Sound Fixes Pack on the Steam Workshop now updated with the new voice navigation changes from v23.00 - v23.01.

@nemanja694 - I tried it with a sound mod from Max2712 and didn't get any rattle or cutting of rain sounds.

@Ishlen - Sound Fixes Pack for ETS2 has the same general sound volume as the ATS counterpart but ATS currently has the bigger share of individual AI traffic engine sounds. We will feel more immersion in traffic sounds in ETS2 as the year progresses... just a big journey to get there.

A voice navigation with a speed warning chime only is feasible. I can add that for the v23.02 update! Thanks for the suggestion. :)
Ishlen

#2543 Post by Ishlen » 07 Jan 2023 20:23

Drive Safely wrote: 06 Jan 2023 22:59 40% of the base game AI traffic sounds are now complete ( +2%)!
40% already? maybe its me but i barely hear any of them. Or as i posted before, maybe the sound is not loud enough?
-MLP-

#2544 Post by -MLP- » 07 Jan 2023 20:41

You can turn it up in the settings.
Can it still be over 1 using the console or is not working since fmod?
Ishlen

#2545 Post by Ishlen » 08 Jan 2023 19:20

I have everything i could fine tuned up, the audio in the game settings, the int volume attenuation from the game data file, the sounds are just barely audible. Traffic sounds in these games are not loud enough, and thats the main problem to start with (and SCS never bothered to make em right).
Thats why modders like jazzycat and cip make sounds way LOUDER than the vanilla parameters.

Unfortunately traffic sounds in sound fixes pack are basically pointless if you cant hear em at all. Just an observation.
Grizzly

#2547 Post by Grizzly » 08 Jan 2023 21:58

Have you rolled down the window?
Drive Safely

Re: ⛽ Sound Fixes Pack v23.02 - ATS + ETS2 - 2023JAN09

#2548 Post by Drive Safely » 09 Jan 2023 10:59

The Tatra T-815-7 chassis is impressive for its swing axles and its off-road capability. While we currently aren't able to see those swing axles in action in the game, Euro Truck Simulator 2 players can now at least hear the realistic sounds of the Tatra T815-7 fire truck in AI traffic with the Sound Fixes Pack v23.02 update!

By user request, the gentle alert chime for when speeding is now also available to listen to without voice navigation. It can be enabled in the Audio Settings as pictured below.

[ external image ]

Without further ado, here is the update!

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v23.02 with the following changes:

Engine sounds added to the Tatra T815-7 fire trucks in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
- Its sound mix also includes its own air brake sounds!

Slight increase in engine sound volume for the Citroën 2CV in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Minor sound adjustments for the International LT and the International LoneStar trucks in AI traffic. [ATS edition]

New setting that allows the Sound Fixes Pack speed limit alert sound functionality without voice navigation.
- This option can be found in the "Language and voice" dropdown in the game's Audio Settings.

@Ishlen - Sound Fixes Pack has a longer distance range for its AI traffic sounds than the vanilla game. So you can hear the traffic from further away especially when in external camera / looking at viewpoints.

I would concede that I would like the traffic sound to be louder in some situations, but with trucks having different soundproofing settings, I don't want to create a situation where traffic jams or heavy traffic flow cause an unrealistically noisy environment when inside the truck cabin with windows closed. The first person view takes priority for the simulation of sound so I'd rather have the important sounds like police sirens to be able to heard clearly through the truck cabin than general traffic noise. But as Grizzly mentioned, rolling down the window will help with the audibility. :) I will however increase the sound volume where suitable for certain traffic vehicles.

Int volume attenuation in the game data file has no effect since the 1.37 game version by the way. Weird to see that it's still in the vanilla game_data file.

@-MLP- - Highest value is 100% in the Audio Settings. Sound Fixes Pack is tested with 50%. :)

Just adding on to this post with a big thank you to the community for the recognition of the Sound Fixes Pack lately. It means a lot! Many thanks to Spur Gaming, SACHIYH, and Toast for featuring the Sound Fixes Pack in the below videos!

-MLP-

#2549 Post by -MLP- » 09 Jan 2023 11:05

"Highest value is 100% in the Audio Settings. Sound Fixes Pack is tested with 50%. :)"

I know that 100% is maximum in the settings. I was asking if we can change it from the console with g_traffic_volume (or whatever the command is) set to 2, 3, 4 is still working with fmod. I know it was working with the older sound engine.

Also, thanks for the speed alert only sound pack, I'll definitely use it!
Drive Safely

#2550 Post by Drive Safely » 09 Jan 2023 11:13

@-MLP- @Ishlen - No problem! I have tested the s_traffic_volume console command just now and you can actually set it to be louder than 1 (1 being 100% slider setting), although I would advise to use it with caution because the mod is not designed with this loudness in mind

Return to “Sound”