Wishlists Megathread

paulieGTR

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3731 Post by paulieGTR » 31 Jul 2020 06:25

First and foremost...Turning off "game elements" is fantastic.

However, when i get to the yard, it would be great if the loading and unloading bays(letters or numbers) were illuminated in some way.
So instead of the floating white and green icons on the ground...
it would be the letter or number above the bay that was illuminated, white or green depending whether you were picking up or dropping off.

This is my one and only wish, maybe same for petrol pumps.

Pls SCS, make it so.
I'm sure many, many people would love this.
win10anni l MVIF rog l 4770k l evga titanX SC l 16gb tridX l haf932.m1000.1kw l 3x27" asus l SSD's all over.
T500 l HB 7spd-R stagg'd gate l GTomegaPro l HB BBox l BMW318ti Dash l ProGauge l BU0836x l tir5+tc pro l EDT.Pro w/less l porsche924 seat

plykkegaard

#3732 Post by plykkegaard » 31 Jul 2020 07:48

paulieGTR wrote:
31 Jul 2020 06:25
.. it would be great if the loading and unloading bays(letters or numbers) were illuminated
Nothing sofisticated, I just want the location from the dialog at the gate isn't the most realistic?
Sorry, out of office

Harald-RS

#3733 Post by Harald-RS » 31 Jul 2020 12:00

Euro Tuck Simulator 2 Custom License Plates

for Trailers in own Company
for Trucks in own Company
Greetings,
Harald
Member of ACTROS 5 CREW
---
Sorry for my bad english, i from germany.
---
I will not distribute a modified mods without permission from the original creator / author!

paulieGTR

#3734 Post by paulieGTR » 31 Jul 2020 22:02

plykkegaard wrote:
31 Jul 2020 07:48
Nothing sofisticated, I just want the location from the dialog at the gate isn't the most realistic?
Yeah, but that means having/forcing people to have the gps/job/info on screen to see it.
Plus when you go to yard to make your drop, there is no stopping at the gate - you go straight in and drop off/deliver without any user interaction.
Maybe if a bay number or letter was to appear on the job screen once you accept the job - good compromise.??
However that still leaves us with dropoffs/deliveries.

This is why i thought of having the bay numbers/letters slightly illuminated for loading andor unloading, since they are already in the game and wouldn't need to be added, only modified.
Of 'cos, you still need to stop at the gate to pick/take a job - but adding the info once job is accepted would be fine with me.

Like you said, it wouldn't have to be anything complicated.
Last edited by supersobes on 31 Jul 2020 22:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed pyramid quote [Forum rule 2.12]
win10anni l MVIF rog l 4770k l evga titanX SC l 16gb tridX l haf932.m1000.1kw l 3x27" asus l SSD's all over.
T500 l HB 7spd-R stagg'd gate l GTomegaPro l HB BBox l BMW318ti Dash l ProGauge l BU0836x l tir5+tc pro l EDT.Pro w/less l porsche924 seat

Some newbie driver

#3735 Post by Some newbie driver » 01 Aug 2020 18:11

As it seems that last months some developer has been tasked to improve traffic trailers diversity, It would be nice to finally have company skins for the inloader and, at least, different paint colors for the tipper.

harishw8r

#3736 Post by harishw8r » 02 Aug 2020 11:14

Just like wipers and retarder brake, lights should also be operable in both directions. Would be glad if this comes as a feature in future updates.
Paint everything black! :idea:

Some newbie driver

#3737 Post by Some newbie driver » 02 Aug 2020 11:43

When driving either we don't use the lights or we use the short beams (is that how are they called? don't remember). The position lights aren't intended to drive at all (in fact, is forbid to drive just with them on lots of countries). They are there for the sake of realism, nothing more.

So, while driving we aren't changing between position lights and short beams; we are changing between short beams on (two keystrokes) or off (one keystroke). I think there's no need to have keys to move forth and back on the lights cycle because we didn't do that (we did it between short and long beams, that already have their own 2 extra control keys).

Regards

plykkegaard

#3738 Post by plykkegaard » 02 Aug 2020 11:59

The position light is used for parking in unlit places where alerting other road users might be needed
Other than the position light you have daytime running lights, low beam, high beam and fog lights
On elder cars DRL and low beam is usually the same
Sorry, out of office

Some newbie driver

#3739 Post by Some newbie driver » 02 Aug 2020 12:11

I know for what are used position lights, in real life, because in the game had no real use (beyond we decide to "role play" them). And even if we did that role play, we still don't need that change.

What I mean is that while we drive, position lights are not in the cycle of lights we need to use. We need to move from low beams on to off and vice versa (that if we didn't decide to let them on all the time). Now we have 1 key bind and we have to do 2 keystrokes to go on and 1 keystroke to go off. @harishw8r suggestion would mean we will require 2 different key binds and 2 keystrokes on each one to do the same operation we do now. There's no need for that, not at all.

And DRL and fog lights doesn't enter in that cycle. Fog lights have their own switches and DRL are turned on with the engine (for the vehicles that have real ones; as you said, on others they use low beams and done).

If the position lights would had some use while driving I will understand that suggestions because we will require to move back and forth between position and low beams lights. But that's not the case. The only reason for that suggestion is that we try to mentally translate the same we did IRL vehicles to the game (IRL light switches move back and forth, not in a cycle). But that's all, in the game it has no useful application.

Regards

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”