Wishlists Megathread

dsf.fernando

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4261 Post by dsf.fernando » 05 Sep 2022 01:30

New landmarks in Lisbon: Padrão dos Descobrimentos, Jerónimos Monastery and Belém Tower (all three can be seen from the 25 de Abril bridge, since they are near the coast for now only the Padrão is present in any form, having a cube on its place)
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Aziz

#4262 Post by Aziz » 05 Sep 2022 08:08

I was driving at night and wondering... What's that?
[ external image ]

Oh yes, I was in Germany, and you know what I remember the most from my IRL night travels across the country? Blinking red lights on top of wind turbines. Nearly mesmerizing.
Sadly, it appears like it isn't the case in the game
[ external image ].

It's a simple addition but would make driving much much more.. well, what's the word... Familiar? And pleasant.
GT182

#4263 Post by GT182 » 07 Sep 2022 15:49

I wish someone would do a mod that gets rid of Urgent Deliveries. They are very rare in real life, and with the coming of electronic logbooks are not usually dispatched. It seems there are more and more of them now than ever before.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Vinnie Terranova

#4264 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 08 Sep 2022 06:53

@GT182 I don't know if that's possible, because I think Urgent Deliveries and all other jobs are randomly generated. What you could try is editing your profile with a tool called "TS Saveeditor Tool": edit the skills by removing the six XP points from Just-In-Time Delivery. Hopefully you don't get any Urgent Deliveries anymore. I've not tested it, but it's the only possible solution I can think of.
Some newbie driver

#4265 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 Sep 2022 09:30

Without the skill points taken, the jobs aren't shown to the player. But then the amount of jobs generated is lower also. Happens the same with the ADR, valuable cargo or fragile cargo related skills.

Urgent deliveries exist IRL, lots of them. What they don't have is such an extremely tight schedule because it would make no sense at all. There's so many random events and situations that could happen without any control from the dispatcher or driver that would make no sense to try to achieve such tight schedules on a regular basis IRL.

But the game doesn't have such kind of nuisances, so the tight schedule of those urgent jobs makes more sense from the point of view of a game giving you a harder challenge. It has nothing to do with that could happen IRL. If the game would give me a realistic time schedule for an urgent delivery; then it would be a job easier to achieve even than a regular job on the game.

Would SCS add more variety of events in the road that could cause delays, a more realistic approach to being fined for example, or random police controls even if we don't do anything bad, time tables on ferries or whatever else; then they would had to adapt the timings for those jobs accordingly.

Regards
Bandit & The Snowman

#4266 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 08 Sep 2022 13:13

@GT182 you can make such a mod. Have a look at def/economy_data.sii and search for late_delivery_max_overtime (3 lines for the 3 urgency categories). Just change the values to your liking.
krmarci

#4267 Post by krmarci » 09 Sep 2022 14:38

I would like to have an achievement called "The Blue Danube": cross the Danube River at all of its crossings (requiring Going East!, West Balkans and Road to the Black Sea).

Crossings currently in-game (as well as those missing):
  • Germany
    • A7 east of Ulm - missing
    • A8 east of Ulm - missing
    • Munich-Stuttgart minor road - missing
    • A9 near Ingolstadt, south of the gas station
    • A3 west of Regensburg - missing
    • A3 east of Regensburg - missing
    • A3 west of Deggendorf - missing
    • A3 east of Deggendorf
    • A3 west of Passau - missing
  • Austria
    • A7 in Linz
    • Minor road east of Linz
    • A23 in Vienna
      • More crossings in Vienna if we count the side branches of the Danube
    • Vienna-Bratislava minor road - missing
  • Slovakia
    • D2 west of Bratislava
    • D1 east of Bratislava
  • Hungary
    • M0 north of Budapest
    • M0 south of Budapest
    • Pécs-Szeged minor road
  • Croatia - TBD
  • Serbia - TBD
  • Romania
    • Calafat-Vidin border bridge
    • Giurgiu-Ruse border bridge
    • A2 west of Cernavoda
    • Braila-Smardan river ferry
GT182

#4268 Post by GT182 » 10 Sep 2022 02:07

Bandit, I can't do diddily to make a mod. Honestly, I've no idea how. I can't even see an opened .scs mod file with Notepad show in readable English.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Bandit & The Snowman

#4269 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 10 Sep 2022 09:37

Okay then tell me what time reserve for each urgency category you want and I'll put it together for you, it's really just three lines max to change. :)
Only thing is if you have other mods that change anything about economy. Then that would have to be coordinated somehow.
VirtualTruckTravels

#4270 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 10 Sep 2022 17:16

@krmarci I am always up for new achievements, great idea :-)

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”