Wishlists Megathread

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4241 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 14 Jul 2022 16:06

SCS doesnt do any VR updates, it is done by 1 developer in his free time because he himself uses VR to play the game and SCS just graciously gave him a way to distribute it for other people that have interesst in it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Rocket455Man

#4242 Post by Rocket455Man » 14 Jul 2022 16:46

Finnish speaking navigator
Real Full Trailer Combination Driver
stmalk

#4243 Post by stmalk » 14 Jul 2022 18:00

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 14 Jul 2022 16:06 SCS doesnt do any VR updates, it is done by 1 developer in his free time because he himself uses VR to play the game and SCS just graciously gave him a way to distribute it for other people that have interesst in it
Wow, just wow. It makes sense now. I guess it's just hopeless at that point since they have zero interest in making it work.
Some newbie driver

#4244 Post by Some newbie driver » 16 Jul 2022 09:25

It not they have zero interest. It's a question that the game has TONS of other things that have A LOT more priority than the VR version. Plain and simple. It's pointless to focus lots of resources in the VR version when the base game engine lacks so many things and has the old architecture it still has. There's where SCS has been focusing most efforts the 3 past years because those changes are an improvement for everybody.

Regards
Susu986

#4245 Post by Susu986 » 29 Jul 2022 07:39

Just to chime in on VR. More-and-more simmers are using VR. I think it would be great, if the VR version would be integrated into the main build. You'd still have to use flags like -oculus and -openvr, but other than not having to have a separate Beta would be great. Right now VR players don't have access to Betas and older rollback versions. And VR support being in Beta... I don't know, I'm using VR mode since 2 years now, and it works flawlessly. Sure, the game doesn't have to be advertised as such, but it would be a nice quality-of-life upgrade for us. I'm not asking to do a major re-write, just to merge the versions. Maybe see how much % of people are running the VR Beta, I'm sure our numbers are growing. TramSim is a one-man show, yet it supported VR from day one - these headsets are a godsend for simmers, and they are proliferating in the simmer community.

My other request would be visible OwnCompany trucks - heck, the main reason I'd have them, to see them on the roads. Many people are dismissing this as 'too computatiinally intesive'. This is far from the case. Approximate truck positions are simulated already accross the whole map already. And let's say if an OwnCompany truck enters into a 1km radius area around the player, they'd pop-in into 'advanced positional simulation' mode (possibly with a maximum limit of 20 trucks in the area, first-come-first-served basis). The simulated trucks would follow the normal flow of traffic (behave like any traffic vehicle, but follow a routing to the destination) and would have their crash model turned off: while they'd react to traffic, neither the player, nor traffic could hit them, they'd go right through them, as to not to stop AI deliveries. (most ETS players are not there to mess around anyway). Once reaching city limits, or being stopped by traffic for more than 1 minute, they re-enter 'approx positional simulation' mode, and they'd disappear from the 3D world. They could however react to your light horn if coming in the opposite lane, and closer then 200 meters. Imagine that! I'm not a software engineer (just a 3D modeller), but I think this is a plausible way to implement this, and would make many players happy.
harishw8r

#4246 Post by harishw8r » 01 Aug 2022 08:01

Please make the reefers usable for dry cargo as well.
sirvito

#4247 Post by sirvito » 06 Aug 2022 13:29

A small one but nice to have. IMO in-game settings don't explain as much as they should. Some option names are vague and don't explain themselves fully - it would be useful to have tooltips with more explanation that show up when you hover over them, e.g. antialiasing -> don't expect it to work. More seriously though, some force feedback settings might require further explanation like they did in one of their blog posts. Why not put it in the game then?

In the same way it would be nice to know the value of a slider. Look at steering wheel animation range setting - it already has it. It would be nice to see it for other options too. Or even more - make it a textbox where you can enter the value yourself. This would help people to copy settings from others - they could see the exact values instead of trying to match the slider position more or less (or use config files directly).

EDIT: lol, I just realized it got suggested in that blog post as well
Sovereign 89

#4248 Post by Sovereign 89 » 08 Aug 2022 14:44

A small thing that would surely help to us that are listening our own music in saving value SDD/HD space is making available for copying just shortcuts to songs in music folders, instead of whole mp3s.
GTA San Andreas, GTA IV and GTA V have such option, so there's no reason both ETS2 and ATS couldn't have the same. It eats up too much space, and would be far easier if I could just paste shortcuts to files from my main music folder.
[ external image ] [ external image ]

WB Croatia speculation map
Vinnie Terranova

#4249 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 08 Aug 2022 15:04

^ I like this idea... Because the music folder is on the same partition as the mod folder, and both folders can take a lot of hard drive space, I like the idea of having shortcuts to my music folder. This will free up a lot of space on the partition with the mod folder.
xXCARL1992Xx

#4250 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 08 Aug 2022 15:55

the game supports this since forever, or at least since i know about it, just shortcut the Windows Musik folder (or wherever you have it) into the game music folder
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”