Season changer in ETS

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Todor Alin

Season changer in ETS

#1 Post by Todor Alin » 22 Mar 2016 09:02

Intruction for Season changer.

It changes the day of the year in game according to day of the week. It adjust the summer_time corespoding to that date, and chenge loaded seson mod coresponding to that day.
At first day of the week will be at the begening of the year, with winter mod loaded , at middle of the week will be summer time, and at the end of week will be Chritmass time.

Before first usage:
- extract all files to Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder
- run the game and enable, in mod manager both <<season.scs>> and <<Data>> mods. <<Data>> must have highest priority , then folow the season.scs mod, and after, all others.

Copy the desired season mods(Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter) or all, over the fake mods in mod folder.
Note: fake mods are those present in this archive)

- remove the rem from the line at bottom of the Season_Changer.bat file coresponding to game version (32 or 64)
- create a shortcut to Seson_changer.bat file to desktop

After all this, all you have to do is to run from created shortcut and enjoy.

How it works.

Starting from verry good idea of xyzan, I take a step forward.
It compute the day of the year acording to day of the weeak (number of day in week) and the hour (from PC), becoause I don'w want to wait a whole year to complete the cicle...
Acording to computed day of the year, it sets the Summer_time and set with season to be loaded.
It simple rename that seson mod to the fake season.scs mod provided in the zip file, and, because this file was activated in Mod Manager, it will be used by game.
If you don't have a coresponding season mod, or don't want to used it, simple use one of tha fake mod(s) in the archive.
Data is the folder to be used as day of the year changing mod.
An issue that I cannot solve yet is that in game engine tha played time in days is computed with the day_in_year, so, if the played time is more then a month, the result is strange. Hope I'll solve this.

I updated the mod, due to an issue wich ocurs when one or more season mods are missing. Now, when occurs, its simple exit. So, to work, it's important to have all 4 seson mods !!!!

Download
Official forum and the place where you can find all my future mods, here
Todor Alin

Re: Season changer in ETS

#2 Post by Todor Alin » 21 Apr 2016 12:35

In the first post, it's an updated version of Season Changer. Hope will solve to extract somehow the saved game time to make a more realistic computed day....
Serb1205

#3 Post by Serb1205 » 21 May 2016 21:30

Hi. I'm Trying To Use The Season Changer For ETS2. I Extracted All Files To ETS2 Mod Folder And Activated In Game. I Put This "rem start /max /C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x64\eurotrucks2.exe" But Without The " As The Last Line In Season Changer.bat But It Tells Me 1 File Moved. How Can I Set It Up To That Location?
Todor Alin

#4 Post by Todor Alin » 22 May 2016 02:55

For X64 operating system the starting command should be <<start /max /d"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x64\" eurotrucks2.exe>>
Copy what is it betwen << and >>
In your post, /d switch (for workink directory) is missing and you included in the path the exe who need to pe separate from the path in order to work. And, you forgot to remove the comment (rem)
Serb1205

#5 Post by Serb1205 » 22 May 2016 08:21

Ahhhh Thankyou. Works Now :)
Todor Alin

#6 Post by Todor Alin » 31 May 2016 06:42

I found that for average users it's hard to edit the bat file. So, I changed tht location where it needs to be, to main executable folder. Now, the bat file automaticly detect the location of mod folder, so you don't need to modify tha bat file. Users who use an alternative mod folder path when starting game, MUST use an older versoin of season_changer !!!!!!

Instruction for Season changer.

It changes the day of the year in game according to day of the week. It adjust the summer_time corespoding to that date, and chenge loaded seson mod coresponding to that day.
At first day of the week will be at the begening of the year, with winter mod loaded , at middle of the week will be summer time, and at the end of week will be Chritmass time.

Before first usage:
- extract season.scs file from archive mod folder to game mod folder
- run the game and enable, in mod manager both <<season.scs>> and <<Data>> mods. <<Data>> must have highest priority , then folow the season.scs mod, and after, all others.
- Copy "Season_changer.bat" file from archive to executable starting folder (bin\win_x86 or bin\win_x64)
- Rename you season mods acording to those in archive. If some doesn't exist, use those from archive !!!

- create a shortcut to Seson_changer.bat file to desktop

After all this, all you have to do is to run from created shortcut and enjoy.

Note:
For those hwo need some extra parameters to start game, look bellow to see what nedd to be change in bat file:
start /max /d"%cd%" eurotrucks2.exe -mm_pool_size 600 -mm_max_tmp_buffers_size 75

Download
steven88

#7 Post by steven88 » 14 Jun 2017 11:41

hi,
is this mods still work with ETS2 V1.27X ? i have follow all step for install the mods but its not working for me T,T
vulchor

#8 Post by vulchor » 19 Jun 2017 22:08

I too would like to know if this still works, this looks like a very interesting mod I'd love to try out.
Bluscream

#9 Post by Bluscream » 22 Oct 2018 08:22

@Todor Alin It looks like your math to get the day of year is not correct anymore. I added some echos to get the variables:

Code: Select all

1 file(s) moved.
mytime: 10
dayofweek: 1
dayOfYear: 73
n: 10
season: 1
summer_time: 0
Press any key to continue . . .
        1 file(s) moved.
Finished setting season!
Press any key to continue . . .
So with that data you can try to calculate it via google for example (https://www.google.com/search?q=1+*+521 ... 17+%2F+100) which will result in the same day of year as your script.
But when i use something like https://www.epochconverter.com/daynumbers it shows me that the actual day of year is "Day 295" which makes more sense.

To give you some example outputs of what you use in the script:

C:\Users\blusc>time /t
10:21 AM

C:\Users\blusc>wmic path win32_localtime get dayofweek
DayOfWeek
Rene-Gad

#10 Post by Rene-Gad » 23 Oct 2018 08:23

Instead this mod i Use this one and work perfect

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1061306287