Improving the music/radio player

Drive Safely

Re: Improving the music/radio player

#21 Post by Drive Safely » 21 Jul 2016 04:14

+1 on automatically muting the radio when you turn your engine off. It would save a few clicks or key presses. :)
Centrino2

#22 Post by Centrino2 » 21 Jul 2016 04:20

Not sure about trucks or newer trucks, but in newer cars the radio does not shut off when you shut the engine off, but instead when you open the door (or until some amount of time passes).
ohaha

#23 Post by ohaha » 21 Jul 2016 07:14

usually it stops when removing the key, but some have special wiring which allows them to continue playing, if you press the power button (they have a timer which shuts them down, in 15 mins, to save battery, though).
I had a Blaupunkt Calgary just like that. To bad one of the channels got fried, I really miss this in my RL car.
Retired, but still loving it.
Leen

#24 Post by Leen » 21 Jul 2016 07:32

I like to have a music folder option in the menu of the radio so I can choose which kind of music I want to play, artists folders or music folder like rock/country and so on.
I want also a shuffle button and a mute button or a volume option like Ford cars have, when the car speed up the volume go even up with little steps.
Drive Safely

#25 Post by Drive Safely » 21 Jul 2016 08:54

@Leen - OMG Leen. You trying to encourage driving fast? Just kidding :lol: :lol:
Axel Slingerland

#26 Post by Axel Slingerland » 21 Jul 2016 18:26

juizzysquirt wrote:You misunderstood, of course I meant that the radio should remember just last station that was played when turning power on, OR if I was listening to CD (or mp3 in this case) resume playing from where it was. Between gaming sessions (write settings into autosave).
I didn't misunderstand you at all. I quoted what you said and commented on it directly. This is one of the things about writing on forums that some people forget. The post stays the same, unless someone changes it...
juizzysquirt wrote:The radio should also remember volume, last station or song being played between gaming sessions. Basically act like real car stereo. ;)
A car stereo's radio will remember the station you were listening to, but the song (which you specifically said you wanted it to remember in the post I quoted) plays on even when you turn your radio off. And if you were listening to a CD, you would of course be doing what I suggested anyway, because the game's music player only plays .mp3 files, not CD's.

I also fully realize that when you're driving your car and you stop and turn the engine off, the radio typically plays for a few seconds and then stops. But that is IRL. When I listen to music while I am playing the game, I don't want it to do that. You see, as a life long musician, I have this thing about interrupting the music, and specially guitar solos. My old Pappy always told me, "It is written. Never interrupt a guitar solo." [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
R0adrunner

#27 Post by R0adrunner » 21 Jul 2016 20:39

+1 for not interrupting a guitar solo - or any other solo for that matter and please save your superfunny bassplayer jokes for another occasion :mrgreen:
I've never done that before, so I'm sure I can do it (Långstrump, Pippi)
Hard Times in Scandinavia a.k.a. HTiS (story and pics)
Movin' on - my ATS adventures
My WoT page
Axel Slingerland

#28 Post by Axel Slingerland » 21 Jul 2016 21:17

I ain't got no bass player jokes. All I know is drummer jokes.
[ external image ]

juizzysquirt

#29 Post by juizzysquirt » 21 Jul 2016 22:11

By "song" I meant mp3-file, sorry for misleading.

English isn't my native language, so I'm sorry if I sound incoherent sometimes. :)
Axel Slingerland

#30 Post by Axel Slingerland » 21 Jul 2016 23:51

Don't worry about it... English is my native language and I was born incoherent. [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”