Improving the music/radio player

Jarrad

Re: Improving the music/radio player

#31 Post by Jarrad » 22 Jul 2016 10:52

Is it possible to set a path to your iTunes/Existing music folder instead of requiring a whole new folder?
jarvik79

#32 Post by jarvik79 » 22 Jul 2016 10:54

Yes.
R0adrunner

#33 Post by R0adrunner » 24 Jul 2016 16:45

A thing about the radio that i haven't seen mentioned here; if you don't have the radio switched on and touch the next/previous channel, it'll turn on your radio without leaving the cabin/game. I'm not sure about the logic how it picks which channel to play though - first or last in the live_streams.sii i suppose? Last time i tried it In ETS2, it picked up the first channel in my list, but in ATS it'll start playing from the end of the list.
I've never done that before, so I'm sure I can do it (Långstrump, Pippi)
Hard Times in Scandinavia a.k.a. HTiS (story and pics)
Movin' on - my ATS adventures
My WoT page
Jaikstheuggle

#34 Post by Jaikstheuggle » 28 Jul 2016 22:23

Roadrunner, when you mark your radiostations with the star symbol in front of the radiostationslist it will cycle through those specifically , that way you can make the favourite channels a smaller list to cycle through.
nIGhT-SoN

#35 Post by nIGhT-SoN » 05 Aug 2016 17:46

SiSL wrote:I would really like an AAC stream playable one. Most High Quality radios now only AAC, hard to find MP3 streams of infamous radios.
There is a trick you can listen to those stations but only if they also stream on their website. You use Developer - Network from Firefox, then hit play and sort by traffic. :mrgreen:
Managed to add a bunch of stations this way.

On topic, what I would love the most would be the integration with the dashboard GPS/radio cd player.
minermanNL

#36 Post by minermanNL » 03 Feb 2021 11:35

has this been released as a mod?
Asp1re

#37 Post by Asp1re » 04 Feb 2021 17:13

I posted countless threads on this subject and got no response or the response was that the feature is not that important... like there are other things more important for the devs to work on. I think this way of thinking is wrong because a big part of the driving experience is listening to your favorite radio/podcast in-game and not in a browser outside the game. The feature is in the game so the devs did put it in there for a reason... interestingly a lot of radio stations that are working on an old ETS2 version (before the audio update) now they are not streaming anymore with the new updated audio. My friend who owns a local radio station in our city is a big fan of ETS2 and we tried everything to get it to work after the audio update and we couldn't. He even tried to change/downgrade his stream online... he is streaming in mp3 and it doesn't work on the newer ETS2 version.
HighFlyer

#38 Post by HighFlyer » 29 Sep 2022 20:50

SiSL wrote: 11 Jul 2016 11:54 I would really like an AAC stream playable one. Most High Quality radios now only AAC, hard to find MP3 streams of infamous radios.
I'll keep posting until we get it or I get banned, I suppose.
acia

#39 Post by acia » 05 Mar 2023 18:05

It's amazing that there is a music player available and that we don't have to rely on some outside-the-game stuff, but there are two things missing

1. Fast-forward/rewind options
The basic feature of every music player, I'm actually surprised it's not there... due to no possibility of winding, I had to manually cut all the tracks I wanted to throw in, so that they immediately start off when I want them to and end when I want them to as well

2. In-gameplay display
Instead of implementing it in a form of a cabin-built player, how about an option of enabling it somewhere on the screen while driving? With the additional options of minimalizing/displaying it back (e.g like the navigation when you press F3), and being free to move about the screen so that you can drag it wherever you like?
It could come in a form of a small, navigation-like window, where it could be operated without the need to press R and interrupt the game every time
CarbonGTGaming

#40 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 07 Mar 2023 15:44

I think SCS should try and test each Radio URL before putting it into the games radio stream cos almost half of them don’t work the most stations I listen mostly are Smooth Radio and LBC hoping they find a way to make bbc radio work again

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”