[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
BicycleBill327

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.46 Summer HOTFIX 19 Dec 22

#3511 Post by BicycleBill327 » 02 Jan 2023 23:47

hawkbs wrote: 02 Jan 2023 05:15 Happy New Year everyone I trust you all had a great Xmas and New Year.

@BicycleBill327 Cant open any of those pics. Think you could put them on Imgur then grab the BB Code for them and post it here pls.
I have fixed it in this area that was posted by @Indy 5 Hauler https://i.imgur.com/GE0HXuf.png
So if its the same area let me know please.
It is the same area. I'm North of it right now so will let you know how things go when I head South through it. I'll use imgur for future photo posts. Hope you had some time to enjoy the holidays. Thanks again for all the work you are doing with this map.
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.46 Summer HOTFIX 19 Dec 22

#3512 Post by hawkbs » 03 Jan 2023 00:10

Ok, wasnt in that hotfix though so still going to be laggy through there.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
BicycleBill327

#3513 Post by BicycleBill327 » 04 Jan 2023 14:23

hawkbs wrote: 03 Jan 2023 00:10 Ok, wasnt in that hotfix though so still going to be laggy through there.
No problem. I just found a couple of tricks that improved my FPS so it should be less of an issue when I drive through there again. I'm reminded of the fable of the greek god who was punished by pushing a rock up a hill everyday only to have to do it again. Just when we get our game and mods all updated for the latest version, oh wait there's another version up date from SCS and gotta start all over again. I also now have an IMGUR account to post pics as I enjoy this challenging map. Just hope I don't fall asleep while playing again. :D :lol:
hawkbs

#3514 Post by hawkbs » 05 Jan 2023 02:21

Lol been there done that a few times.
[ external image ]
hawkbs

#3515 Post by hawkbs » 05 Jan 2023 06:43

Fox Area Revamp

Ok last day off then back to work Fri/Sat.
Been doing a little work around the Fox area to bring it upto date a bit and connect it to Goldstream Rd.

So far Ive changed the Gas/Petrol Station and added in Fox General Store as well which takes deliveries as well as gives jobs.
Normally I would have retextured the Gas/Petrol Statio to Tesoro but they changed the way these things load into Blender so
will probably do that in the future. ATm its a bit of a pain.
Also changed Silvergulch Brewery to be a bit closer to what it really looks like. The load/unload are I have put around the back
and it is a bit challenging but you can get in there with a 58ft container. I have done it twice so far.
I may have to move the load area over a little or it may prove even more difficult to get in. I do need to swap the easy and medium unloads around as what I had as easy is actually harder than the medium lol.

The road going back down towards Fairbanks direction from Silvergulch Brewery connects to Goldstream Rd and continues all the way down to Farmers Loop. It is the Old Steese Hwy N.

Am also thinking of adding a Player Garage at Fox.

Have also fixed the concrete barrier that was creeping onto the highway near Fairbanks Rail.

Heres some screenshots.

Silvergulch Brewery

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Fox General Store and Gas/Petrol Station

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Work on road going down towards Goldstream Rd

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Indy 5 Hauler

#3516 Post by Indy 5 Hauler » 06 Jan 2023 00:30

Awesome! Always exciting to get new areas, it will be great to have Old Steese in there!

Before this version I played an ooold version for the longest time(2019 or thereabouts) thinking that they won't work without all the DLCs, well now that it seems to work I enjoy all the updates you put in the map, like the whole area of Fairbanks around Carlile and Pepsi which is so much improved now, and has more jobs. I haven't had the chance to go towards Nuiqsut yet but looking forward to that when the Winter map is updated. Oh and the windy Atigun as well.
hawkbs

#3517 Post by hawkbs » 06 Jan 2023 02:50

@Indy 5 Hauler Havent done Nuiqsut at all yet. In fact the pump and gathering stations at Prudhoe are as far as I have done so far.
The roads is blocked from that point on with barriers and invisible walls. Eventually I will get around to it but I change my mind on things as I go along
due to the amount of work involved and inspiration. I just need to be in the right frame of mind to continue development from that point on.
The road out to Nuiqsut is very much guess work with Google Maps from Prudhoe onwards as you cannot drop down to street view and its pretty hard to make things out
on the route. Also need to figure out which way they go when they get onto the ice as theres kind of an island between the point they get on and get off.
As I say I really need to be in the right frame of mind to do that.
The Old Steese Highway has been planned from the start lol, so yup just getting around to it now.
The old prefab for dropoffs at Silvergulch was really annoying me as well, so it was time for an upgrade of that ( way more challenging now :D ) as well as adding in the general store.
Theres a couple of other businesses I will need to add in along that route, such as the quarry, otherwise people who start out in Fox (Yep I added a player garage) might get one job only
delivering palletes from the General Store to Silvergulch Brewery across the road, then nothing unless they g_set_time.
When I have finished with Fox and the Old Steese, then I will do the Winter conversion. For now there will only be the Summer Map until
I get that area sorted out as it should be. Who knows I may even do some of the road going towards Fort Knox Gold Mine as well. Depends how I feel though.

I did end up taking Silvergulch Brewery back into Blender and adjusting that Pick up point as well, however I may need to add another drop off for doubles etc as
I got a job for a dropoff and it was a double which was an absolute bitch to get in there, and then I just did the Hit Enter thing to skip parking, which is also hard to find.
Wasnt about to go back out to the company point to pick again as it was way too tight in there for that trailer. Also need to get rid of that rather large parking area
and put it somewhere else other than intersecting with that tented dining area.

Fox and the road to it from Fairbanks will look alot more realistic when Im finished and those eyesore hills will be gone.
[ external image ]
Vinnie Terranova

#3518 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 06 Jan 2023 08:51

hawkbs wrote: 06 Jan 2023 02:50The road out to Nuiqsut is very much guess work with Google Maps from Prudhoe onwards as you cannot drop down to street view and its pretty hard to make things out
on the route. Also need to figure out which way they go when they get onto the ice as theres kind of an island between the point they get on and get off.
Maybe OpenStreetMap can give you some needed information? Try the different layers. Unfortunately it doesn't offer satelite images or street view, but it show a lot of roads around Prudhoe.
3StringCigar

#3519 Post by 3StringCigar » 06 Jan 2023 13:49

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 06 Jan 2023 08:51
hawkbs wrote: 06 Jan 2023 02:50The road out to Nuiqsut is very much guess work with Google Maps from Prudhoe onwards as you cannot drop down to street view and its pretty hard to make things out
Maybe OpenStreetMap can give you some needed information? Try the different layers. Unfortunately it doesn't offer satelite images or street view, but it show a lot of roads around Prudhoe.
Do you know anyone with the latest version of Flight Simulator? Those maps are fairly accurate. Maybe they could do you some screenshots?
hawkbs

#3520 Post by hawkbs » 06 Jan 2023 15:18

Not much different than the info I see on Google Earth/Maps Vinnie. Its going west from Ugnu Kuparek Airport towards Nuiqsut, the road goes so far thats where the guess work will come into play.
I'll figure it out but as I mentioned Ive gotta be in the right frame of mind for it.

@3StringCigar I have the latest version of MS Flight Simulator Deluxe myself. Most of the scenery is generated from Bing Maps. Last time I flew out of Deadhorse I crashed due to icing even though the pitot was on.
I know thats been fixed since so may take a look but I doubt it will be of much use. I was trying to follow the Dalton back to Fairbanks on a vfr flight but lost sight of it at some point as well. It wasnt very clear even at low altitude.
[ external image ]

Return to “Maps”